yesindeed & HazaRaza7 stop this or go OK

• Showmasters Admin

so what we aren't allowed to disagree with you or criticize you in any way or you'll delete our threads and ban us from the forum?

guess we should all start bowing down at your feet and not say a bad word against you

i would say look at the forum but you deleted it again, me and haza have similar view points but i can assure you we are different people, ask davidb or lizzy if they think we are, all we are doing is trying to help you make the show better

again if you look at the deleted posts you would find that i am not antagonizing people but having rational discussions with the regulars like davidb and lizzy

okay a joke was said yesterday that may have been taken out of context but even at that i was replying to something someone else put up which was more antagonizing that anything i have ever posted

i mean absolutely no offense by this, i really don't think you should be doing stuff like this, it was discussed in the another post about you having dyslexia, i myself also have it although it is very mild but i still have to read everything a few times before i get it. i think maybe you have just looked at our posts and gotten the wrong end of the stick i do it all the time

if you ban me i understand, but as i was saying in the deleted post i would be willing to help out in getting some advertising around the shopping center next week, you don't ban me and i'll help, trust me when i say this, i deal with the people in charge of advertising space on a weekly basis and we have a extremely beneficial relationship for you

just stop pushing so much and stop taking digs at me and the shows it will not help the show and it will not make me listen to you

in fact i will just stop reading your post all together

constructive critersisum is fine but being so shore that you know how and what to do to make this event work is not going to impress me much

so chill and if you want to help fine thanks help but please chill out on here the world dose not revolve around your timeframe of when you think something should be done

we have lots to do and we have a plan of what needs to be done and when it needs to be done

so lets start afresh and if you realy care about making this event better and grow then lets work together to make it work

i hope we understand each other now

jason :WAVE:

kenny read my posts, thats what i'm saying i will do! i know its a national event but your going to get more people coming from the glasgow area than from aberdeen and dundee

thank you for the response Jason, and i really do want to help

still having a bit of time of work but will prob be in braehead on wed and will see about getting some stuff up, i have a pretty big printer at work so i can get some stuff printed but not a lot

Just a tiny point - I noted the Sunday Post first, which is both printed in and has its largest circulation in Glasgow. It would have been better for you to pick up on that as the national publication, centered in Glasgow, than ignore it and focus on the smaller, local papers.

Wow this is all a bit mad.

Really don't see why people are going crazy about this. If people and SM do what they did last year this year I don't see how there is going to be a problem.

Last year was amazing and on both days the place was packed. And I think after last year people who were disappointed they missed it would go out of there way to find out about this years.

XD

Edited by Galaxy-Song

Semantics aside, I am understandably skeptical that one person can claim to be an authority on the opinions of the majority of a country's population, particularly when I am from said country and don't share said opinion.

Ditto.

At the risk of being attacked i'd just like to say all of your post give off the impression that you're only interested in what YOU want for the event. "Get John Barrowman to the event and i'll stop moaning", so we do what YOU want and you stop moaning. What about what everyone else wants? If I start posting everywhere saying the event is rubbish and that I want James Marsters there before I stop moaning or someone else does it and asks for someone else and they'll stop moaning does that mean showmasters needs to bow to the requests?

It just seems like you're not going to be happy until all the guests are ones you like and the entire event is geared towards you. And you're one persn how can you speak for the majority of people? That's how the majority of people think in your personal opinion, it doesn't make it true.

This is possibly not how you intended it to come accross but that's how I perceive it. It's quite off-putting to come on and see constant moaning on the board.

Ok on you go I fully expect the retaliation attack.

Semantics aside, I am understandably skeptical that one person can claim to be an authority on the opinions of the majority of a country's population, particularly when I am from said country and don't share said opinion.

Ditto.

At the risk of being attacked i'd just like to say all of your post give off the impression that you're only interested in what YOU want for the event. "Get John Barrowman to the event and i'll stop moaning", so we do what YOU want and you stop moaning. What about what everyone else wants? If I start posting everywhere saying the event is rubbish and that I want James Marsters there before I stop moaning or someone else does it and asks for someone else and they'll stop moaning does that mean showmasters needs to bow to the requests?

It just seems like you're not going to be happy until all the guests are ones you like and the entire event is geared towards you. And you're one persn how can you speak for the majority of people? That's how the majority of people think in your personal opinion, it doesn't make it true.

This is possibly not how you intended it to come accross but that's how I perceive it. It's quite off-putting to come on and see constant moaning on the board.

Ok on you go I fully expect the retaliation attack.

I so agree with you I would rather be happy about the guests we have than moan about the ones we don't have. Has any other event chat on the forums ever had this much moaning and arguing?

• Moderators

I so agree with you I would rather be happy about the guests we have than moan about the ones we don't have. Has any other event chat on the forums ever had this much moaning and arguing?

Trust me, it's nothing new :WAVE:

There'll always be some people that are never happy regardless. You get used to it.

the john barrowman post was a joke post, just me bitching about him wanting to be captain america

and your right i didn't intend things to come across as they way they did to you and i'm sorry if it wasn't clear

i am happy with the guest list, not my personal cup of tea but SM have done well, just trying to make glasgow the best it could be but no one seems to get that

Okay enough.

I am Scottish. we are dumb we do know what to do.

I have been delivering flyers out all over the place, i have a very good reception.

The event was advertised in braehead last year. there was Evan storm troupers going round the mall. i saw them my self.

I Crew some of the evens and a lot of Scottish people has spoken to me about how happy they are that an event is in Scotland, and English people too.

All this crap is going get is more agro that no one want to read.

People should be grateful that sm want to hold a show here

Be happy

• Moderators

Okay enough.

I am Scottish. we are dumb we do know what to do.

I have been delivering flyers out all over the place, i have a very good reception.

The event was advertised in braehead last year. there was Evan storm troupers going round the mall. i saw them my self.

I Crew some of the evens and a lot of Scottish people has spoken to me about how happy they are that an event is in Scotland, and English people too.

All this crap is going get is more agro that no one want to read.

People should be grateful that sm want to hold a show here

Be happy

Well said hun :smile:

Thank you for the support Psychosis

i should explain

what i said was that us scottish need to be shown the door, given instructions on how to open it and have a brass band on the other side to welcome us in

another member came on

that would be me

and said "so you're saying the scottish are that stupid" or something like that

I think the phrase was something like "Are you saying the Scots are too stupid to be able to open a door without instructions?", but yeah, you have the gist of it.

I also put a big smiley there. I wasn't being any more serious than you were

i replied no thats the english

Abuse that was sheer rather than witty, but I let it go; hey, not all Glaswegians can be as funny as Billy Connolly. :smile:

and made a joke about us scots being skin flints

I guess some people might have viewed a straightforward anti-English jibe followed by an old national stereotype (however self-deprecatory) to have been the start of a rumble, but I assumed it was all meant in jest.

apart from the original post it was all just meant as a joke, the original post was me trying to say how hard it is to get the general public in to the event

Yes, to be honest I thought that since you were previously asked to moderate your attitude, that your posting here had been quite reasonable. Still, this is a forum that Jason pays for, and we are effectively his guests here, so I'm happy to accept his deletions. I wouldn't dwell too much on, just carry on in your more positive vein.

• Showmasters Admin

yesindeed,

I understand what you are "trying" to say. The problem isn't what you are trying to say or even your intentions. I'm happy to accept you have good intentions. The problem is "how" you say it and "how" you've come across.

Jason has been organising events like this for over 20 years. He and his team have a very good idea how to organise an event. Most attendees have no understanding of what goes on behind the scenes to get shows like these up and running.

What you've done a number of times is come on here and TOLD Jason what to do. You've stood there and told a man that's been doing this for 20 years, that you know better than him and he should listen to you and do what you say. Would you go up to Gordon Ramsey and tell him how to run a kitchen?

If I came into your work and started telling you how to do your job and that I knew how to do it better. Would you not take that as slightly offensive, would that not annoy the hell out of you? Maybe you don't mean to come across like this. I'm just explaining that from the other side, this is how you've come across a number of times.

I've been working with Jason for around 4 years now. For the last 18 months as part of the organisation team. He values my judgement, but I will still suggest changes. I will not TELL him he should change something, because I have learnt that sometimes, there is a very good reason that I'm not aware of that it's done the way it is. And I know a whole lot more about what goes on behind the scenes than most people.

Some of your suggestions are good. I will not deny this, but in most cases there are reasons that they can not happen, reasons that SM have no reason to share with you. One big one is money. Do you have any idea how much it costs to put on one of these shows? It's great to say get bigger guests (but everyone is a gamble), it's great to say advertise more. But they all cost money and SM have to look at the outlay compared to what income that investment will create. There is not just a big pile of money waiting to be thrown at Glasgow.

Yes companies need feedback, but you have to understand that in this case this is not Tesco or Nike. It's a small company of 5 people (plus other helpers) that try and run the best shows they can with the money they have. SM is very much Jason's baby, and he and the team do their very best. They will happily take feedback, but being TOLD what to do by someone who they hardly know is going to chap anyone's backside.

I'm not saying Jason is perfect and the shows are perfect. Of course they aren't, nothing is, and they can always be improved a pone. We're constantly coming up with new ways of doing things that then improve the shows.

Your suggestions aren't wrong. I just want you to understand that from the other side of it, you have on a number of occasions come across as "You know best!" and at other times very negative. This is why I believe you get the response you do from Jason.

Suggesting improvements is great, just think about "how" you say it.

Thanks,

Stuart.

I am definitely NOT the same person as YesIndeed.

Quite why someone thinks this or thinks we use the same PC is baffling in the extreme?

Incidentally, my last few posts check them I've not said anything remotely negative about the event, guest list is coming along nicely hope they add more before it.