Photo Shoots at Collectormania Glasgow

How much roughly to get pro photo done with guest?

It is for one shot only , or they take a couple? If one only you could buy two tickets if you wanted two photos done? (noticed last year on forum same people had more than one pro photo with same guest).

On the Faq Pro photos section on site it says tickets will be send out normally week before event for photo session / then elsewhere they are available on the day???

Usually photos cost 15 pounds, with some being more expensive and some being cheaper. It's normally the same price as for an autograph, that's a good general guideline. From the guests announced so far Dirk Benedict should be 15 pounds and Nicholas Brendon 20.

Technically it's one shot only, but if the photographer thinks something is wrong (like a reflection if you're wearing glasses) he'll take more than one picture. That's very often the reason why people are posting several photos.

If you are planning on definitely having two pictures taken you will need to buy two tickets, yes.

Usually photos are available online prior to the show, until the online shop closes about two weeks before the show. Any remaining tickets are then on sale at the Organisers Booth during the show.

Apparently this has changed now for Glasgow and everything will be on sale at the show only.

I hope the photoshoots will abe available on line too. I am only flying up to see one guest at the mo Nicky Brendon and will be pretty peeved if i cant get a photo if they are only on sale on the day as thats the main reason i am coming up to get a new photo. I'd like to know all was booked before i arrived, know this is the same for a lot of folks flying up there just for the day as you dont have a chance to get one the next day. also with my flight times i am not getting there till 11ish anyway so i dont want to be too late?

Can someone confirm if we can book online too.

Nicky

Edited by buffy2k

I hope the photoshoots will abe available on line too. I am only flying up to see one guest at the mo Nicky Brendon and will be pretty peeved if i cant get a photo if they are only on sale on the day as thats the main reason i am coming up to get a new photo. I'd like to know all was booked before i arrived, know this is the same for a lot of folks flying up there just for the day as you dont have a chance to get one the next day. also with my flight times i am not getting there till 11ish anyway so i dont want to be too late?

Can someone confirm if we can book online too.

Nicky

Personally I don't think there will be any problems getting a NIck photo ticket at the show. On the collectormania glasgow website under photo sessions it says they are available to buy at the show, so I doubt they'll be available online, otherwise it would say? If your flight is on time, or even an hour late then you'll be there in plenty of time for Nick's photoshoot.

Edited by jenniea

I hope so, tickets for all previous shows have been available on line beforehand and i have always booked well in advance especially if i wanted more than one phototicket. i would never usually just turn up to any event and hope for the best , look at all the people who expected to turn up in May and get p/s tickets for James Marsters and john Barrowman and were disappointed.

I wouldnt mind so much if it was only mk but to fly up to scotland for a day trip for one guest i would rather have it guaranteed especially for buffy guests too which is all i am intersted in.

looking at plane times and then a bus to get to the venue i am not likely to arrive until just before the p/s so i hope they havent all gone or i will be pretty peeved and i know a lot of my friends flying up are concerned to not have a guaranteed ticket in advance as well.

Does anyone know why this has changed for this event at all and is there no way to reserve tickets for pick up at the show as if even 500 people go to this show and all want a ticket then surely thats them all gone as i believe you only normally give out 400 is that right? which doesnt leave a lot of leaway.

Edited by buffy2k

It's 400 tickets, yes.

But by far not everyone going to a show will buy photo shoot tickets. And while Nick Brendon will be a popular guest, I am personally thinking he will be nowhere as busy as James Marsters or John Barrowman. Plus Glasgow isn't as big as Milton Keynes anyway, and you need tickets to get into the show which minimizes "impulse buys" from shoppers.

I don't think you'll have anything to worry about.

There's no way to reserve tickets that I am aware off. Maybe you could ask someone on here who's going early to pick one up for you?

• 2 weeks later...

Ask a dumb question, but after photo shoot when you get your photo with guest, do you get it in envelope or protective wallet or something? Or best to either bring or buy something there to put it in. At £15 for one, I want to keep it perfect & no fingerprints, etc. Thanks.

Cheapskates! For £15 for most you think a PVC sleeve or something. So you don't have anything to put it in, they just give you hand it over & you take it in your hand in a really warm venue and possibly some nice sweaty fingerprints on it from the person passing it to you or when you take the photo & walk around with it. Yeh, sounds good to me.

Cheapskates! For £15 for most you think a PVC sleeve or something. So you don't have anything to put it in, they just give you hand it over & you take it in your hand in a really warm venue and possibly some nice sweaty fingerprints on it from the person passing it to you or when you take the photo & walk around with it. Yeh, sounds good to me.

Most sensible people will be carrying some sort of file/folder/envelope to keep their autographed 10 x 8 photos in anyway - you would have to be a bit of an idiot to walk around carrying any photos in your hands all day.

For a bargain £15 - some people really expect too much!! Take into consideration the artiste fees/expenses, the photographers expenses/fees, organisers fees and processing costs, £15 doesn't really stretch very far you know, there isn't very much profit there at all!!

HazaRaza7, if you aren't happy - you're not obliged to purchase a photoshoot.

Edited by keithporter23

I have been at one event ever (and that was an exception for that organiser) where you were given something to put your photos in.

I have worked photo distribution at shows before, and the crew always takes great care with the pictures, only picking them up on the edges and such. At some SM shows people were even wearing gloves to make sure there are no finger prints left.

£1 or whatever is fine! Hope the stall has loads of folders sure they wil have.

Other shows I've been to by other organisers, there were no stalls selling them or anything like it, best you could do was stick a photo in a magazine or programme!

£1 or whatever is fine! Hope the stall has loads of folders sure they wil have.

Other shows I've been to by other organisers, there were no stalls selling them or anything like it, best you could do was stick a photo in a magazine or programme!

trust me they will have loads, ( curses the stupid things to oblivean never want to see them or starwars figures again a fatre lfcc)

Failing that, a folder with about 20 plastic wallet things costs about £2 from WHSmith etc. (I'm sure there's one of those at the Arena). You can have 40 photos in that if you put them back to back. :)

there is its right next door to my work, you can get red, blue an even micky mouse ones! java script:emoticon(':D',%20'smid_20')

not sure what type of psycology goes into having a micky mouse ring binder but i'm sure haza will no doubt tell us