ive got my treasures where can i get one of these

dijon1322

ive got some cracking posters signed by lloyd ive got two questions in regards to these

one : is it better to keep em rolled or lay flat in a big ring folder in plastic sleeve?

two: ive seen a lot of people with these big cases to store posters eg 27 x 41 posters question is where a good place to get from and can them being in plastic sleeves damage the poster in anyway?

thanks in advance

It is also possible to get clip frames that are that size... glass or plastic. (Glass I know you can get from Cargo Homestores that are in most towns) Plastic... try a local nic nac shop that does a miz of lotsa diff things. Or find an online shop.

Theeen you can put it on your wall for all to see :wub:

It really depends on how much you want to protect the poster, If you want them on display and you have no intensions adding any additional signatures to it I would get it professionally framed (especially if they are originals). That way they will be protected better and will have less chance of fading (you will experience some) and not display it where direct sun light can catch them. It can be expensive.

I have a number of posters and I haven't got them framed I just store them away as I am doing multi signatures on them. I store them in poster tubes and I got myself one of these to store the tubes in

Tube Storage

That way they aren't cluttering your room and less chance of them getting packed away and squashed.

The standard sleeves that you see in the stationary shops will more than likely contain a form of acid this slowly breaks down the signature, image etc.... That's why you see so many stalls at the conventions selling the 10x8 'Ultra Pro Toploaders' although I don't think they do anything to store posters this is there website UltraPro Website I have only seen these for sale at conventions and on Ebay.

If you want to keep them flat (not rolled nor on display by framing) then i would suggest one of those artist portfolio cases, which you can get from a decent artist shop or from a large stationary outlet (Staples or something like that). The only problem is again storage I suppose it can be slipped underneath a bed or something. Knowing the money you have spent on these posters I would purchase a cople of those plastic drawing tubes, they are more sturdy than your cardboard tube so more protection.

thanks guys and what if i wanna store em in one of them flat cases that you zip up? just bit worried that the plastic sleeves will damage em , not up on this but do sum have some acid in em that damage posters?

Got a flat case from my local branch of Hobbycraft; they assured me that the A2 plastic folders they sold me to clip inside were acid-free.