rick yune wat was that about

dijon1322

Oh boy I thought it was just me who felt an awkward aura around Rick Yune last Sunday afternoon. I "shook" his hand twice (second time was down to me wanting a handshake to be polite after he signed my photo) but he never even said a word to me when I said hi nice to meet you. He gave a quick smile yet looked me up and down weirdly. At first I thought it may have been because 1) I'm female or 2) I'm one of a few East Asian faces to approach him or something.

He was the main disappointment for me while I was at LFCC and I regret not getting other autographs from other guests to cheer myself up :( He came off as very full of himself and that left me cold for a few hours. Yes I can see you've got nice muscles, bro and that this is possibly your first convention but honestly you could be humble to the fans who pay to meet you. I guess there weren't enough photoshoots being bought for him though if that were so why not allow posed photos with the fans? :/ I'm confused...

Edited by vash-chan

Totally agree with everything everyone has said.

I said hi and thanks to him but got nothing in return, just a slight smile if you could call it that!

Definitely the disappointment of the weekend. Plus he took up the whole of the front of my boxset so screw any other cast members I may meet!!!

xxxx

Met him early on Sunday morning, he signed my items and i got a handshake and even a smile. Sounds to me like i had a good deal compared to what many others experienced :unsure: He Didnt seem to spend much time at his table though. Maybe i'm just easily pleased :D

Never having experienced a really bad response from a guest at a show (touch wood), I'm curious as to how it affects people's reaction to their work. Does it put you off watching their films or TV shows? Or do you shrug it off and think 'he/she was probably just having a bad day when I met him/her'? If it does put you off, is it just in the short term, or does it carry through for longer?

I think it's easy to forget that meeting people whose work you admire is actually a risky business.

I've never had a really disappointing experience with a guest so I can't comment on that side of things.

But on the flip side, I've met a few people who play villains and yet were so lovely I've thought "Well how can I ever take them seriously again?"!

Funny how you can get a gut instinct about someone. I fully intended to meet him at the show but when he turned up he just looked so full of himself I couldn't be bothered.

I did wander back a couple of times when I was being a bit 50/50 later on but each time I did he was never at his desk. Whether he was a bit miffed because he thought he was going to be the star of the show I don't know.

It really does make you laugh especially when there are such screen legends like John Hurt, karen Allen etc - who prob had no idea who Rick was!! How dare he act like that especially since everyone else was so nice!

Whether he was a bit miffed because he thought he was going to be the star of the show I don't know.

I highly doubt he thought he would be the star, he probably just couldnt be arsed.

He gave a quick smile yet looked me up and down weirdly. At first I thought it may have been because 1) I'm female or 2) I'm one of a few Oriental faces to approach him or something.

I guess there weren't enough photoshoots being bought for him

Apparently another Asian guy (who even looked kinda like Rick) met him and he was fine and even made a signature that was slightly different to everyone else that met him. I wondered how he would have treated me being Asian too and having asked him a Q at his talk. Will post a pic soon. I didnt realise he had a photoshoot. Did anyone here go?

Edited by nicky

If it was the crew member who was with him, then she also get's my vote as a fittie.
If that was Emma, then she gets my vote as "fittest crew member" for sure!

Are you talking about the tall blonde wearing a smart jacket? She was well fit and was waiting for Rick at the back of the audience in his talk. I'm pretty sure it was his agent/assistant or gf and not crew cos she wasnt dressed liek crew at all.

If it was the crew member who was with him, then she also get's my vote as a fittie.
If that was Emma, then she gets my vote as "fittest crew member" for sure!

Are you talking about the tall blonde wearing a smart jacket? She was well fit and was waiting for Rick at the back of the audience in his talk. I'm pretty sure it was his agent/assistant or gf and not crew cos she wasnt dressed liek crew at all.

No, the brunette crew member sat with him.

I was going to get his autograph I thought it would be good to get another bond

bady to go with my Mads one, saw he was wearing shades and that put me off!!

So I spent another £55.00 on Mr Lloyd instead getting a canvas signed money very well spent.

La de da!!

:D

I have some as well from his talk with no shades. I was quite confused with the No photos rule and the girl taking Rick's money was nice she was joking telling me to hurry otherwise i would miss him because he kept disappearing. I found him pleasant at his talk and when i met him he was fine and he thanked me for my questions and im sure he smiled as well. Maybe i caught him at a good moment but there were tohers going to meet him as well

I found him pleasant at his talk and when i met him he was fine and he thanked me for my questions and im sure he smiled as well. Maybe i caught him at a good moment

Maybe he was nice to you cos he remembered you from his talk. Were you Janice in the wheelchair? I asked a couple Qs too and was gonna go back to him and talk some more but he was never at his desk so gave up.

Nope i was the girl in the black top who asked him what his favourite film was. I spotted him when i was looking at Karen Allen's photos n went over then. The girl taking his money was warning me to hurry otherwise he would get up and leave again. I think i remember you as well were you the guy who asked about his marital arts movie and was also in the patrick stewart talk?

2007_0924soundmusic0074.jpg

Yah, just as Rick's talk was ending I was about to ask him how hard it is for him to find work in Hollywood that doesn't require him to be Asian. Ninja Assasin is his new film that comes out in January from the same team behind The Matrix and V For Vendetta.

That was a pretty shamless plug for his film at the end of his talk, The Fifth Commandment. He stars and wrote it so why didnt he be more pleasant at his desk and plug it some more?

Edited by nicky