LFCC 2008 Report

Ladyd

Hi everyone,

Well that was a hell of a weekend and I think it went a lot better than some of the past ones which in all honesty had all the teething problems, but that’s to be expected. We’ve pretty much got it all sorted now and the only thing I’m really trying to do is advertise around the net so more people know about the Masquerade but also so that Cosplay/Costuming groups who have a charity can have a table at the show (details found HERE).

I’m currently in the process of finding more sponsors for prizes since the categories worked so well for this show, I would like to find someone to sponsor each category individually. The categories were and will be staying as the following:

Best Individual Costume & Best Group in Film/TV/Theatre/Original Creation category

Best Individual Costume & Best Group Anime (Japanese & American)/Game/Comic’s (including Manga)

Best Under 15’s entry

Judges over all Favourite – Top prize (can be anyone or any group or anyone from a group)

Audience over all Favourite

Signing up on line for the show really worked (details of which can be found HERE), I had the pictures and music sent to me (or given on the day) and those people just had to sign in on the day to say they were in attendance, but they were guaranteed a place in the Masquerade for pre booking. There were enough people on both days for a good show AND I didn’t have to ask any questions (which I had to do in the past just to make it last 45 mins at most and that’s Nerv wracking for both Cosplayer and me).

I started up a winners wall which was placed on the wall behind me, I’m in the process of getting pictures of all the winners this year but if you’ve won and have a good picture of you in the costume I’d love a copy.

This week I will be creating all the certificates for all the winners and getting details of all the names if I don’t have them already, then it’s just up to Showmasters to print laminate and post them off, which I’m hoping will take no longer than 30 days.

We still need to create a sign for the Cosplay area and I know a lot of you were creating letters but I still have not received the all, I have a few but obviously not enough to create the sign, you can hand the original into to the Cosplay Area when you’re at a show or you can post it to me in one of those do not bend folders, please e-mail me at cosplayatsm@googlemail.com for my postal address.

Everyone was fantastic and looked amazing, I was personally freaked out on stage by the silent hill girls on Sunday by the shaking the bubble head nurse was doing while walking, (it gave me shivers) so well done to you guys, I wish you had won something. The X-men group were FAB and great poses by the joker group on Saturday with the batman. Sarah…in the Under 15’s category…your just going to keep on winning aren’t you :D.

The Tech crew – You were once again fantastic so thank you guys once again, you never fail to impress or amuse me with what they have to go through over the weekend.

My staff - Helena and Shaun were great as always, Helena your OCD is a god send and Shaun I’m just glad you put up with me xx.

Thank you to Showmasters for allowing Giles to do the photography for both Masquerades, he is always appreciated, and for providing the prize money and certificates for the show.

Thank you to our sponsors SFX - LC Toyz - Orbital Manga - The Astral Gypsy - Incognito Comics & Collectables – Dimetional Manga and newbie Apocalypse Comics for providing all the Prizes so the masquerade so it’s worth while taking part.

And lastly a HUGE thank you to our Judges who kindly offered their assistance for the show Charlie Weber (Ben from Buffy), Ian Whyte (AVP Preditor) for agreeing to be our celebrity judges and put up with my ramblings, Cookie and Cassandra for their last minute agreements on Sunday and Cher from Orang-utan comics, your judging is welcome anytime I’m happy that Judges now get to have a look at the costumes briefly before the show starts but my briefing ability needs some work lol.

BTW thank you to eveyone who gave me some wonderful compliments over the weekend on how the Cosplay was being run this time round, you truely boosted my confidence.

I hope everyone had a good time and i would love to know how you thought it went and what you would keep/change.

Always a pleasure!

Don't hesitate if you need me in the future... just ask!

will do hun, you'll have to let know know 1st though if your taking part in the masquerade or not :uhoh:

• 2 weeks later...

Great to hear that things went well. Sounds like the new plans are working better.

I love the idea of the winners wall and the certificates.

I would love to enter myself possibley at C14 and wondered what people would think?

Jack has agreed to provide judging if you are short at any event his at as long as hes not entering.

Great to hear that things went well. Sounds like the new plans are working better.

I would love to enter myself possibley at C14 and wondered what people would think?

Jack has agreed to provide judging if you are short at any event his at as long as hes not entering.

The winners wall also gives us reference to anyone who entersa costume who's won at a previouse show :smile:

i think you should enter...some of your stuff is great BUT no tactical voting from your bro though lol.

i'd love it if either of you could judge whenever you can you just need to e-mail me in advance at cosplatatsm@googlemail.com to tell me what show/s you'll be at for judging.

xx

Emma! You can't enter, you'll win...lol

I have no objection to you entering at all, you should, your costumes are fab and you deserve the limelight every so often, and I'm sure other cosplayers won't object either.

I'll judge :thumbup: lol...( joke, of course!)

Lady D, I'll try and get some pictures done for your wall. I have nothing that's any good right now.

I have no objection to you entering at all, you should, your costumes are fab and you deserve the limelight every so often, and I'm sure other cosplayers won't object either.

I'll judge :jason: lol...( joke, of course!)

Lady D, I'll try and get some pictures done for your wall. I have nothing that's any good right now.

Pictures for the winners wall are always welcome, at the moment i'm relying on my photographer Giles who's been at the shows taking the pictures, they are very good though i just have to remember who's Won in the past, i'd love to get Group shot pictures for the wall :firedevil:.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll judge :unsure: lol...( joke, of course!)

I'm not sure if I'll win. My brother will be a fair judge as I was when he entered. At this point I only want to enter my Sephiroth. Mainly because how much time and moeny went into him. I will e-mail you ladyD when thats likely to take place. I'll also keep you posted on when Jack can judge.