and the award for best guest goes too?

dijon1322

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Lloyd was nice. Even in the photoshoot you kind of felt that he wanted to get to know you first and have a chat!

Actually, I havent seen a 'bad' guest today. Everyone seems happy and chatty!

Chris looked really tired when I saw him at 4. Getting slowly through the queue. Great to finally meat him though.

Georgia Moffett for me. She was chatty and talkative at the table and remembered me at the photoshoot.

She gets my vote!

I'm going to say John Hurt, really nice.

Smiled, said "hello, how are you", chat, shook hand, he said "nice to meet you, thanks for coming"

John Landis was also really cool, all the above plus he was doing photos at table.

Jason Mewes was great aswell, chatted about his naughty scene with carie fisher.

Then there's Christopher Lloyd, what more can be said than YAY I MET DOC BROWN.

All guests were great but john hurt was my fav.

Edited by Superman.

For me, it's a tie between Karen Allen, whose smile and 'pleased to be here' demeanour I fell in love with, and John Landis, who was the exact guy I've seen so many times being interviewed in documentaries and DVD extras.

Both these guests' personalities shone really strongly in the couple of minutes I spent with them at their desks. Allen was excellent in the Indiana Jones talk too. She was clearly enjoying the day, and that smile is very infectious.

It was interesting to note that, during Peter Davison's talk, he was asked which guest he'd most like to have his pic taken with, and he chose Karen Allen.

Apart from being a very slow signer Christopher was very nice, shook my hand, said hi how you doing etc. But was not doing any personnisations or photos.

90% of people there got 4 or 5 items signed hence the time it took. Oh - and he was sighning his full name as well which is cool - but didnt help with speed :)

For me Jason Mewes was a class act, really nice dude, remembered my name when he saw me again (always a plus). The dude with Jason was pretty sweet too, he asked me if I wouldn't mind tickling Jason's privates, I said sure, I got a laugh, made my day that I made Jason Mewes laugh (pays him back for all the laughter he's brought to me)

for me:

Karen Allen was number 1 - really a fantastic smile and so happy at being there

David Anders - said he loved my picture and wished the ones that were supplied were as good

Georgia Moffet - again joyous

Bill Oddie and John Hurt- top blokes

obiton

Anders so far for me, even if he eidn tshow up till about 1pm he was such a lovely chap spent a good 5 mins talking to me and my mom about how he got a guest part in an episode of charmed and how he turned down a part in charmed 8 times lol. He was funny in the talk even if he was out of it and his photoshoot was ace even if it took 3 attempts to get a good picture :)

Everyone I met was class. No one rushed me at all, not even chris lloyd.

Alexander Siddig and John Hurt were both pure english gents. Very accommidating. Alexander had to leave early though, and none of the crew knew why really. Hope it isnt anything serious, really looking forward to his talk tomorrow.

Jason Mewes rocked, even when he went for a ciggy break before I got to him he was very apologetic and hurried himself back.

Karen Allen, as others have said, had a infectious smile. She was really enjoying herself at the event.

Chris Lloyd was good. Obviously no personalisations or photos but he said hello, said he was enjoying the event when I asked, and thanked me when he gave me my auto.

I didnt meet Landis, but that man is crazy. He seemed like he was having a great time and great laugh with everyone.

Georgia Moffett was great too, really sweet. Commented on her only having one 'smiley' picture to choose from, all the others were 'serious face' and that made her laugh.

I think so far, this event is my favourite ever. All the guests seemed into the event and the organisation is 100% top class.

Fingers crossed Patrick Stewart is just as good as good tomorrow.

Well done Showmasters!!!!!

John Landis would be number one. he is amazing. I love the fact that Showmasters gives us the opportunity to meet these famous directors of films we love and I hope we get to meet more in the future!

He was so open and friendly and really enjoying the event, taking photos of people and Karen Allen with two guys dressed as Indiana Jones, aww.

He did the best personalisation on my Blues Borthers poster too although admittedly I did go "um..?" at him scrawling out words in the tag line but then laughed when I saw what he was adding. Had a great photo with him too as he's really tall and I'm short. The poor guy I asked to take the photo (John's assistant? friend?) couldn't fit John in the photo so he had to crouch on his chair haha.

Christopher Lloyd was a legend, so nice to meet and very courteous, with a beautiful signature that was worth the wait. Lucky crew member who sat next to him, can you imagine sitting next to Christopher Lloyd? Aw.

John Hurt is such a gentleman, a real pleasure to say hello to and get something signed from. A class act.

Didn't get anything signed by anyone else but Jason Mewes looked like he was having a good time and enjoying the steady stream of people visiting the table.

Karen Allen's smile was so infectious from across the room!

I really enjoyed this show, so much better than last year's. This was well organised, well lit, well laid out and a marvellous selection of quality guests who seemed like they were enjoying themselves!

The relaxed atmosphere led to lots of browsing of the stalls where I found some great items and spent too much money, but it was all definitely worth it.

All the guests I met were as friendly and nice as can be. I took a Champions video cover for John Hurt to sign which he enjoyed seeing and his recollections of working on the film were very fresh and he remembered names etc immediately which impressed me as he isn't exactly famous for having been in bed by 9 O'Clock every night during his career !! All the Indiana Jones guests were great and easy to talk to as someone else said Vic Tablian was very eccentric, Paul Freeman it turns out used to live near me, and Terry Richards seemed genuinely surprised when I told him the scene with him as the arab swordsman was one of the most famous in recent film history ( it is everyone remembers that scene ). Alexander Siddig was told by his agent / associate no more posed photos but then let the 3 of us in the queue have one anyway. Jason Mewes and his friend both laughed when I got him to write on my photo You Cocksmoker ( oen of his best insults from Clerks ). Brad Dourif cheerfully wrote out a fairly long quote from Deadwood for me on a poster of him. David Anders insisted on 2 posed photos in case the first didnt come out and told me it was a good job he can do an English accent as in his own voice he can't get arrested never mind a job. Claudia Black had never seen the Pitch Black DVD cover I had and wanted to know where it was from, and Karen Allen made every man who met her want to marry her.

All the guests I met were as friendly and nice as can be. I took a Champions video cover for John Hurt to sign which he enjoyed seeing and his recollections of working on the film were very fresh and he remembered names etc immediately which impressed me as he isn't exactly famous for having been in bed by 9 O'Clock every night during his career !!

hahaha yes ive just been reading ronnie woods book and it seems they used to hang out a lot together -im sure they were drinking tea and not taking any illegal substances at all. i was gonna ask him what he remebers of the 70s but i sadly couldn't make it!

Georgia Moffet was lovely and charming

Peter Davison was very chatty especially about Last Detective and gave a great talk in the afternoon

The Goodies were really funny in their talk and very nice chaps to meet.

Margot Kidder was really enthusiatic and nice to chat to.

The Con was spacious, had some dealers I'd never seen before and was a fantastic day out.

Brilliant

[quote and Karen Allen made every man who met her want to marry her.

She was so lovely!! I took along a Laserdisc sleeve of Raiders OFLA and got Paul, Wolf nad herself to write their favorite quotes on it. We both raved about how classier they looked compared to DVD cases. Getting it framed for definite.

John Hurt was a true gent. I took along the original UK quad for Alien which I've had forever. He wrote 'what the hell is this?' above his signature in silver pen and now it's begging to be framed.

My only gripe was John Landis, who insisted on dedicating on my American Werewolf DVD sleeve, next to my undedicated but lovely sigs by David Naughton and Jenny Agutter

On the whole though the best Com yet.

Barbara Coles was really nice and chatty, she told me what her favourite photo was that they had on the table for her to sign, she said that the gory ones had special effects added on after, so it wasn't really 'her' in the photo apart from her face. I was dressed in a Star Trek uniform and she joked that I should pretend to be Patrick Stewart and make some money signing autogrpahs for people. :D