Post Your Pics Thread!

Lizzy

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are mine from the weekend still need to scan my photoshoots but here are the rest

Christian Cooke: Lovely guy quite shy but very friendly and cute

2007_0924soundmusic0071.jpg

Charlie Weber: Brillaint guest lovely to chat to and i hope they bring him back

2007_0924soundmusic0076.jpg

David Ander: Lovely and charming and again never relaised how cute he was; tempting to go back and get my photoshoot signed but didn't and also tempting to go over on saturday. Hopefully he will be back

2007_0924soundmusic0079.jpg

Brad Dourif: Great guy, really friendly and had time for all the fans

2007_0924soundmusic0084.jpg

Georgia Moffet: Lovely and had a great smile and i really do like this photo

2007_0924soundmusic0067.jpg

Paul Freeman: Really nice and friendly stood and had a chat to him and i left and a que had formed from the time i was talking to him.

2007_0924soundmusic0063.jpg

John Hurt: Friendly and had time for people even though he got through people quickly

2007_0924soundmusic0064.jpg

Karen Allen: Still has the charm with guys but was very warm and does have an infectious smile

2007_0924soundmusic0083.jpg

mewes1.jpg

We love him... even though he looks a little scared!

ok... the girl on the right.. is your/her name Serena? (sorry if i spelled that wrong... and if that isnt your name even!)

that is indeed Serena....

should I be concerned she's been recognised and warn her theres a stalker about?

Ha! No no, not really a need for that, im in a very happy relationship :D

isaw her on Sunday and thought it was her but dont know her REALLY well. I have for many many years been heavily involved in the london rock scene, (i dj a lot) so know her from gigs and clubs... know of her anyway.

Ask her how cool it was partying with Limp Bizkit in London way back in 98... i believe she went out with a friend of mine for a while too

no need to panic though, im not weird i promise. not a lot anyway

Edited by snot182

snot182 -

Seriously, that girl knows everyone...

I shall ask her about limp bizkit (though Ive probably already heard all about it!)

Who are you and which friend of yours?!?!?!

:D

Edited by nas

snot182 -

I shall ask her about limp bizkit (though Ive probably already heard all about it!)

:D

im Paul.. i used to dj Full Tilt at the Electric Ballroom, then Rock at Mean Fiddler/Astoria 2

I know Craig who used to dj adrenaline, asylum, rockit...

like i say, i have spoken to her a few times but know of her more than i know her to talk to

small world huh?

snot182 -

:YAHOO:

im Paul.. i used to dj Full Tilt at the Electric Ballroom, then Rock at Mean Fiddler/Astoria 2

like i say, i have spoken to her a few times but know of her more than i know her to talk to

small world huh?

I figured it would have been Craig...

I've (warned) told her...

it is a small world, but then it seems to me that most rock/alternative types are of the geeky convenion goer kind. It was only a matter of time until 1 of us bumped into some one from our past.

I did see someone I used to be on the Rock Soc with at Uni there on Sunday...

(btw my use of the term geeky convention goer was in no way meant to cause offence to anyone.... I am one! (just in case))

Here's some of mine with my son aged 6

n711682882_750412_9376.jpg

I was in the queue for that when your little boy had that done. He's such a sweetie.

Hi

He can be most of the time.

He loves these events - he doesn't know who most the people are that he's had his photos with yet (but he will when he's older). He was really excited about meeting Marion from Raiders of the Lost Ark as he loves Indiana Jones

Cheers

Steve

snot182 -

small world huh?

Hello there....Did i hear my name being mentioned..

Slightly worried that you seem to know "of" moi ;P but nice to be remembered none the less

You have a good memory that Limp party was 10 years ago now!

I do kinda remember a Paul from the scene way back when, have asked Craig today and he says you're a perfectly nice chap but refresh my memory some more...

:)

S

it is a small world, but then it seems to me that most rock/alternative types are of the geeky convenion goer kind. (btw my use of the term geeky convention goer was in no way meant to cause offence to anyone.... I am one! (just in case))

Anyone who goes to a convention/SM event is a geek. Going to these events is the mother of all geek things - there is no point denying it. Try telling non-convention goers you're not a geek!!!! :YAHOO:

it is a small world, but then it seems to me that most rock/alternative types are of the geeky convenion goer kind. (btw my use of the term geeky convention goer was in no way meant to cause offence to anyone.... I am one! (just in case))

Anyone who goes to a convention/SM event is a geek. Going to these events is the mother of all geek things - there is no point denying it. Try telling non-convention goers you're not a geek!!!! :P

I openly admit I'm a geek.

Proud to be a geek infact.

Looking forward to becoming even more of a geek...

Infact, I tell people upon meeting them, that way there are no surprises and non-geek friendly people can leave quietly!!

I just didnt know if we were allowed to use that word on here, some geeks are really sensitive about their geekyness.

Edited by nas

He loves these events - he doesn't know who most the people are that he's had his photos with yet (but he will when he's older).

Sorry, nothing wrong with it, just interested. I'm not a parent myself but have always wondered about this:

He'll know who they are when he's older but how do you know he'll even be fans of them in the future or even care who they are? If it was someone really famous like George Clooney, I'd understand cos they will never be forgotten and will stand the test of time. Do you buy photoshoots for yourself too or just for your son and if just for your son is it just people who you want?

I just didnt know if we were allowed to use that word on here, some geeks are really sensitive about their geekyness.

They're in denial then. It's not a derogatory word IMO - it's a label.

Edited by nicky

Ah so that's what you look like, QS. I think I've seen you.

It's not that I've been trying to hide. :D There should be several picture of me floating around in the Stargate section.

It's quite possible that you've seen me, I wasn't sitting that far from you in the Patrick Stewart talk.

I always look out for QS- but she's one of those I've never spotted... you too Nicky but I dunno what you look like so its a lil harder there :P

Usually I am running around too much because I am seeing too many people. :YAHOO: This event was the first time I consciously saw nicky as well.

Hi Nicky

He loves these events - he doesn't know who most the people are that he's had his photos with yet (but he will when he's older).

Sorry, nothing wrong with it, just interested. I'm not a parent myself but have always wondered about this:

We buy the photoshoots and he goes in them, I'm just happy to meet the guests. I'm really collecting photographs of Ewan with the stars for myself (and him to some extent). We've got about 50 shots so far - we started it for fun and it just took off.

I decide which shots to get based on a number of factors (whether I like the guests or not, how popular I think they are, cult status, etc). I don't get all the guests but Ewan likes posing with them and at 6 years old, most of the guests make a fuss over him. As his parents, we love seeing it. The most famous person I ever met when I was his age was Roger Hargreaves! Of course, he might not like the people in years to come but he can at least say he met them.

Steve

I just thought if it's you who is the fan then wouldn't you wanna be in the pic esp if it was someone you're a really big fan of? Why not have both of you in there?

Edited by nicky

I just thought if it's you who is the fan then wouldn't you wanna be in the pic esp if it was someone you're a really big fan of? Why not have both of you in there?

I'm not fussed - I'm happy to meet them and the fact he's in the shot means there's a part of me in there as well. We also try to get the autographs personalised to him as well (most are)

If he does get into the whole collecting/autographs thing, can you imagine the collection he will have in 20 or 30 years time. He's a huge star wars and indiana Jones fan so he already knows loads about the films.

He also loved the cars at the events, the props and everyone else in costume.

We love the experience as well and LFACC 2008 was the best we've attended.

Steve

*sniff* Then they don't deserve to be geeks!! :pyth:

... lol people are usually shocked when I say something geeky or that I'm a Trekkie etc, cos I don't look like a stereotype or anything! But I am who I am, and I love it- if people don't like me for me, meh I don't like them :P