How much would you pay to meet Pele?

terrier26

How much would you pay to meet Pele?

Would you pay a premium for meeting such a legend?

:chair:

If Showmasters were to charge say £100 a signature with Pele - they could expect to have at least 60 items an hour signed.

Say if he was there for four hours then they would take £100 x 60 x 4 = £24k. Pele could take £15k as his fee and then there woudl be £9k for showmasters/Pele's agent to divide between them?

I'm not sure how the breakdown of the fees you've used would match up to how it all works in reality (assuming they'd have to pay for flights, accomodation, plus would he fly all that way for a four hour signing). Going by what someone else has posted it sounds like the cost of an in person meeting is more like into the thousands rather than the hundreds.

Leaving all that aside I'd be willing to pay £100 for an in person signature, largely because I have some other Brazil 70 items that he would go well with. Not sure how much over that I would go.

I know I've said this before but I paid a tenner for Pele's auto at a book signing he did!!

Was told at the signing that he'd only sign the inside page but both myself and my dad got him to sign one of the photo's in the middle which he was happy to do.

To meet the legend and shake his hand was enough!

I know I've said this before but I paid a tenner for Pele's auto at a book signing he did!!

Was told at the signing that he'd only sign the inside page but both myself and my dad got him to sign one of the photo's in the middle which he was happy to do.

Which signing did you go to?

Unfortunately, I couldn't make the one in Coventry, which was pandemonium, or the the one in London.

Which signing did you go to?

Unfortunately, I couldn't make the one in Coventry, which was pandemonium, or the the one in London.

Went to Trafford centre - they ticketed it so there was 500 maximum. We arrived at 8am for a 11am signing and were about 5th in. It was actually very well organised

If I rember correctly he has signed up to some agreement with an autograph supplier within the UK to solely deal with them when it comes to signings, well that is for memorbila stuff not sure how it would affect a convention signing.

I think the company that have signed him do get guests for the con in brum that we can't mention in here.

I think its the other way round. A1 sporting speakers (whose website seems to have turned into something quite odd) had an exclusive cone-tract with him and I'm pretty sure they are the firm that supply Sportsmania with guests.

Hopefully they won't be able to get him to come to this one.

I can't make it this time :YAHOO:

I met him at Canary Wharf,got his book signed...would have loved a photo.The worst part is my mate sent me a photo from New York of him meeting Pele earlier this week....so jealous :firedevil:

I would be prepared to pay a fair bit but would love a photo session !!

I think its the other way round. A1 sporting speakers (whose website seems to have turned into something quite odd) had an exclusive cone-tract with him and I'm pretty sure they are the firm that supply Sportsmania with guests.

My apologies I stand corrected, I knew that some had signed him up!

Just for general interest, A1 Sporting Speakers took over the old Big Blue Tube website (and all their remaining stock) when BBT went bust.

It was great for a while because A1 sold a lot of BBT stuff off cheaply through eBay. Sadly they don't any more :wub:

Now A1 has 2 sites, that might be why it looks odd. Try the BBT site if you can't find what you are after.

As for the original topic, I'd happily pay £100 to meet Pele. Still can't believe I missed his book tour.

I remember hearing about the Coventry fiasco. Am I right in thinking it all happened at a superstore (Tesco springs to mind)?

• 3 weeks later...