Tribute to Don S. Davis (1942-2008) at LFCC (?)

Kalliope

A very sad news reached Stargate community yesterday - Don S. Davis passed away on Sunday, June 29th after a massive heart attack. I've read that he was a guest at LFCC 2 years ago, so perhaps a short tribute to him at this year's event would be good idea?

perhaps a short tribute to him at this year's event would be good idea?

SM never did the same for Pat Roach or Noriyuki "Pat" Morita - they died shortly after their LFCC appearences too. A Don Davis tribute would be more appropriate at Chevron 7 as the Stargate community is not all of the LFCC attendees.

Edited by nicky

That is very sad news indeed.

He was an integral part of the Stargate 'universe' as far as I'm concerned - as much a part as RDA in my view. I had the privilege to meet him at a previous LFACC, and we had a quick chat - a very gracious and interesting man. I've been looking forward to Continuum for some time as a return to the 'great' days of the show, but it will be sad to know that it will be Don S. Davis's swansong.

It was with a heavy heart that I heard the news of Don S Davies' passing away on Sunday, this morning.

Unfortunately I never got a chance to meet the man in person but as many fans were, would have met him for his short but important performance in The X Files.

R.I.P. to a great man and a great actor

Oh, I think I will just be reiterating what everyone else said when I say that is very sad news, but it really is such a shame. He wasn't that old at all, but looking at his IMDB profile he was an incredibly hard worker. I'm sure he will be missed greatly within the industry.

It is a great loss to everyone fans friends and family alike

never had the chance to meet him but have always enjoyed his work both on and off screen

a fantastic actor, amazing artist, and a great man

all of us at the SGC:UK morn his loss