Dr Who ?

mrsclairecarter

Billie Piper confirmed that she was pregnant in June of this year despite rumours flying around for 3 months. She began filming season 2 of Secret Diary of a Call Girl last month, and a body double has been hired for times when her bump will be showing.

As regards the most loyal companion, I thought that it may be Sarah Jane, but there are 24 more episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures being filmed due to start this past March.

I found it hilarious when Harriet Jones continued to introduce herself with her ID, and the Daleks said that they knew who she was..

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe he actually said the Doctor's most loyal companion ..

39 minutes and 10 seconds:

Dalek Khan: Everlasting death to the most faithful companion.

So, he never said loyal, he actually said most faithful.

Here's what I think:

"Everlasting death" - Donna from alternative universe is inside red dalek (so she isn't technically dead but dead as far as being a human)

DT's doctor becomes split rather than complete regen - he got hit on one side by the laser.

Donna stays with her family at the end becuase of the pain and suffering she has caused

Martha and Mickey join Torchwood

Hopefully Rose will be gone for good this time

The master / Rani / Racnoss - somebody else is using davros and Donna (for those old enough the same happened with Turlough) as a pawn

As DavidB says in todays world with internet etc I'm sure something would have been leaked about a new who.

• Moderators

Yup, and perhaps more importantly, he didn't say anything in relation to the Doctor.

Honestly, regardless of whether DT is leaving or not, I think they did an exceptional job tonight.

To even get to a point where at the end of the penultimate episode of this series, people are speculating about Tennant realistically LEAVING .. it's amazing.

In a day where spoilers and the Internet rule, to convincingly pull off something like they did tonight, I'm extremely impressed.

I was amazed by that too. It's so nice to watch a series and have no idea what's going to happen. I can never understand why people would want spoilers months in advance rather than just enjoying the series as it progresses. Plus, not knowing gives us something to talk about here. ;)

Here's what I think:

Martha and Mickey join Torchwood

Well, I'm assuming that Mickey is in it next week given that I saw him sat the table for the read through on Doctor Who Confidential (bit of a give away). He also works at Torchwood in Rose's universe doesn't he, so you never know.

Well, I'm assuming that Mickey is in it next week given that I saw him sat the table for the read through on Doctor Who Confidential (bit of a give away). He also works at Torchwood in Rose's universe doesn't he, so you never know.

Lets hope not

Noel Clarke hasnt got much range.

His portrayal of Ricky from the parallell universe was terrible...too much mugging.

Hes much better at playing the simpleton and as Torchwood is fairly heavy i dont know how that is going to work.

Hes just wrong for Torchwood.

Yup, and perhaps more importantly, he didn't say anything in relation to the Doctor.

Episode Time: 38m 50s

Supreme Dalek: Emergency. Locate the Tardis. Find The Doctor.

Davros: He will go to the Earth to find his precious human allies.

Dalek Khan: Whose death is coming. I can see it..everlasting death for the most faithful companion.

>>So, with this exact dialogue Davros says that The Doctor will go to Earth to find his precious human allies, and Dalek Khan says that the most faithful companion will have everlasting death. So, the likelihoiod that all companions will get out unscathed is virtually zero. However, as suggested by Dazzlerjames, could "Everlasting Death" mean that one of them is converted into a Dalek?

Lets hope not

Noel Clarke hasnt got much range.

His portrayal of Ricky from the parallell universe was terrible...too much mugging.

Hes much better at playing the simpleton and as Torchwood is fairly heavy i dont know how that is going to work.

Hes just wrong for Torchwood.

Noel Clarke has great range as an actor, and his very serious roles in Kidulthood and Adulthood show to me that he could fit in nicely at Torchwood. As his character's return at the end of season 2 shows, he has matured from his Micket The Idiot role in season 1.

• Moderators

So, with this exact dialogue Davros says that The Doctor will go to Earth to find his precious human allies, and Dalek Khan says that the most faithful companion will have everlasting death. So, the likelihoiod that all companions will get out unscathed is virtually zero. However, as suggested by Dazzlerjames, could "Everlasting Death" mean that one of them is converted into a Dalek?

I still think it's left open deliberately.

Why not "Everlasting death for the Doctor's most faithful companion"..?

I'd like to see a twist on it anyway. Caan predicting his own death.

Noel Clarke has great range as an actor, and his very serious roles in Kidulthood and Adulthood show to me that he could fit in nicely at Torchwood. As his character's return at the end of season 2 shows, he has matured from his Micket The Idiot role in season 1.

well have to disagree

im fine with Mickey the idiot but not convinced with Mickey Defender Of the Earth

mind you he may bring it up a notch this Saturday

a lot rate him and a lot dont

i watched bits of Kidulthood now and then the other wknd(id have watched it all but when you have to encounter kids like that on a regular basis the last thing you want is to watch them in the privacy of your own home.........................."innit?")

i didnt find him doing the "hard man" very convincing

he should stick to comic relief

brandishing a big gun and a wearing a hard man grimace do not a great actor make

he always been more "wooden" than "tin" dog

and this should silence the doubters of Tennants return

i knew RTD wouldnt mess with how the Regenerations of the Doc are played out

big spoilers here so if you dont want your xmas ruined dont click

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klvTAl46Rjc&NR=1

Edited by vintageSW77

DeeBee - If you are right, or more correct than my thoughts, then I will be the first to acknowledge that. I stand by what I think as there is too much going on with Christmas Special Filming, photos from the set of the Christmas Special, work schedules for some of the cast for me to think differently. I agree that it is open ended, but there is enough to cram in next week.

VintageSW77 - We will have to agree to disagree as the only way to see Noel Clarke's acting abilities is to watch the whole of Kidulthood and the whole of the recently released Adulthood. I would say more so in Adulthood as he deals with the reactions of people upon his release from prison for killing someone (manslaughter was the charge), and the fact the want to make him suffer by killing his Mother and Brother before killing him. Noel Clarke's abilities in the field of acting have come on in leaps and bounds in the last few years, so I feel he would be great in Torchwood; which in itself isn't oh so serious as was shown by Ianto Jones reaction to the Paul O'Grady reaction about the invasion. There are lots of tongue in cheek moments on Torchwood.

The only thing that I noticed regarding Regnerations is that The Doctor being shot by the Dalek was quite a while before the Regen kicked in and he said that it had already begun, yet in the last season The Master refused the Regen also after a long period between being shot and saying he refuses.

As regards how DT gets out of the Regen, this is sci-fi and will be explained away as was Dalek Caan's rescue of Davros.

what ever happened to that womans hand at the end of the last series... was that ever cleared up?

I for one am in the camp that think that Donna is timelady Ramona, there are some pretty interesting theories that seem to be too convinent to be worng...

Might i just add, whatever happens in Journey's End, it has been many many years since i have been extremely impatient waiting for the next episode of a story.

For all his faults, RTD has pulled a big fat rabbit out of his hat and it will be chewing on the carrot that is my brain for....what is it now.....4 and a half more days.

Thank god my girlfriend is getting more into doctor who, otherwise i think she would have killed me the way i have been since Saturday night.

VintageSW77 - We will have to agree to disagree as the only way to see Noel Clarke's acting abilities is to watch the whole of Kidulthood and the whole of the recently released Adulthood. I would say more so in Adulthood as he deals with the reactions of people upon his release from prison for killing someone (manslaughter was the charge), and the fact the want to make him suffer by killing his Mother and Brother before killing him. Noel Clarke's abilities in the field of acting have come on in leaps and bounds in the last few years, so I feel he would be great in Torchwood; which in itself isn't oh so serious as was shown by Ianto Jones reaction to the Paul O'Grady reaction about the invasion. There are lots of tongue in cheek moments on Torchwood.

I honestly cant sit all the way through Kidulthood or Adulthood as it depicts a lifestyle culture i cannot stand thats way too in yer face for a lot of us nowadays without any of us actually asking for it... i saw enough to pass judgement though.

I just think Clarkes good at playing the fool and thats it...the hard man doesnt work.

He may be a great director/actor for the You Tube/"innit" generation but i just dont get it and i think making a flick about about materialism obsessed respect demanding Macdonald scoffing black kids and their gang/knife culture on the level he has is a very bad idea at this moment in time as the majority of those who watch will get the wrong message from it and probably think its great for all the wrong reasons.

As for Ianto on Saturday night that was the cert PG Ianto much as Jack is whenever hes in Who...hes a very different Jack and JB says so.

There is humour in Torchwod but its on the whole an enjoyably grim experiance and sure there ARE lots of tongue in cheek moments in Torchwood between Jack and Ianto...

not the cheeks i think you are refering to though.

In another news its 99% likely we are getting The Zygons next year

no word on Nessie though.

Edited by vintageSW77

Thank god my girlfriend is getting more into doctor who, otherwise i think she would have killed me the way i have been since Saturday night.

You've been very patient so far, outwardly at least lol I know that come Saturday though you'll be bouncing off the walls, I feel so sorry for your workmates :YAHOO:

I must admit i am getting really excited about the finale episode, Saturday can't come soon enough :lol:

You've been very patient so far, outwardly at least lol I know that come Saturday though you'll be bouncing off the walls

i know baby, you should wrap up all your breakables and tie my hands to my side, you should have seen me last year when the master was revealed, im sure i committed sofacide that day :lol:

not the cheeks i think you are refering to though.

this made me laugh

i did have lots of important points to make and opinions to give, but after reading through this whole thread it seems everyone has beaten me too it. darn.

Well, I only caught the episode last night at 2.00AM....and I am afraid that I got NO sleep whatsoever. I don't read papers or stay away from rumours on the net and now I've broken all my rules!!!!!

I had to find out what was going on with DT, I know they were filming specials etc (my mate told me but i asked for no info - hence DT might not have been there!) and now I have spent the last two hours trawling for anything I can find. DT best not regenerate, I was totally gutted to see him light up like November 5th and couldn't believe what I was seeing :help:

So I come into this thread wanting to be at peace and then read Andrea's comment about the Doctor's hand. I think this may be a key here and I hope to God I'm right!!

DT is my favorite Doctor since Tom Baker and I'm not ready to give him up yet :thumbup:

So now I have a few days and sleepless nights before I find out who will live and who will die. I don't want to see Rose break the Doctors heart by dying, it would make a fantastic episode but I still blab at the thought of them originally being parted!!

Get the beers in.

i have heard the most ridiculous plot twist for Saturday and i pray it isnt true

if so pass the sick bag

Ooh do tell- put it in a light blue colour for a spoiler if you don't wana ruin it for people... I just wana knoooow lol :thumbup:

DeeBee - If you are right, or more correct than my thoughts, then I will be the first to acknowledge that. I stand by what I think as there is too much going on with Christmas Special Filming, photos from the set of the Christmas Special, work schedules for some of the cast for me to think differently. I agree that it is open ended, but there is enough to cram in next week.

...which in itself isn't oh so serious as was shown by Ianto Jones reaction to the Paul O'Grady reaction about the invasion. There are lots of tongue in cheek moments on Torchwood.

I loved that bit :thumbup: Really impressed with Richard Dawkins' appearance too.

• Showmasters Admin

Anyone re-watched fires of Pompeii recently...? Now the predictions actually mean something!

And then there's the bit Evalyna (sic) says "Even the word Doctor is false. Your name is hidden. It burns in the stars, in the cascade of Medusa herself..."

Are we going to find out the Doctor's real name?!?!

:D

Andrea

[color=#3333FF]There are two Tennant doctors after the regeneration and one goes to the parallell universe with Rose to live happilly ever after.

This cannot be true it sounds terrible.[/color]

Edited by vintageSW77