Latest Guest Announcement Orang Utan Comics

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

Cherie "Cher" Donovan - A regular on the convention circuit, Cherie "Cher" Donovan has been working in comics for under a year and in this time has managed to becoming head of Marketing at up-and-coming comic book publisher Orang Utan Comics, as well as becoming a leading colourist for Orang Utan Comics Studio, and a writer on several current and forthcoming titles, including the critically accliamed Eleventh Hour, published by AAM/Markosia.

Ian Sharman - is a comic book writer and artist living and working in the UK. He has worked on Heretic, Shadowmancer, Smoke & Mirror, Kong: King of Skull Island and The Flying Friar for Markosia, and Contraband for Slave Labor. Last year he launched Orang Utan Comics on an unsuspecting world and their smash hit anthology title Eleventh Hour has now been picked up by major UK indie publisher AAM/Markosia. He is currently developing sci-fi superhero comic, Young Gods, with Orang Utan Comics.

John Charles - has been around for years. He has illustrated covers and 'Future Shocks' for 2000AD, done covers for U.S. publisher Antarctic Press (on 'Warrior Nun Brigantia' and 'Tomorrow Man'), done colouring and spot illos for Panini’s ‘Spectacular Spider-Man’, and is co-author of the frankly weird, ‘Tiger J. Jackson and the School for Weird Kids’, and a self-published novel, ‘Kiri the Fairy Barmaid’. With long-time friend and writing partner, Barry May, he debuted as a writer on Panini UK’s ‘Spectacular Spider-Man’ too, with a story featuring Spidey and The X-Men, no less.

John is currently illustrating a series of six educational books, and fitting in this and that for Orang Utan Comics, including the short strip, ‘Innocence’ in their ‘Eleventh Hour’ anthology.

Watch out... the best is yet to come!

Richard McAuliffe - Living in Wales and spending most of his time either playing with his new wii or his cute wife. First published work is Baby Boomers for Orang Utan Comics and has a few other projects in the pipeline. With regards his output to date, Alan Moore is rumoured to have the same feeling Elvis did when he

first heard the Beatles. Oh, and modest too, don't forget modest.. and handsome.

Cool also for the record Eleventh Hour is Eagle Nominated. It proved difficult to get comic guests for obvious reasons but 6 six americans have said provisionally yes for next year

• 2 weeks later...

OMG OMG! You got Cherie "Cher" Donovan!!! What, are you trying to bankrupt me SM?! I can't wait to meet her!!!

:firedevil:

:poki: Cheeky monkey :poki::poki::poki:

Will you be attending Nicky? I haven't seen you in what?.. Two years? Almost that, I should think... Maybe a year?.. I have no sense of time - lol - but I know it has been ages.

Cool also for the record Eleventh Hour is Eagle Nominated. It proved difficult to get comic guests for obvious reasons but 6 six americans have said provisionally yes for next year

Thanks for mentioning it Rich.

Yes, a few comic creators and fans have actually asked me why there are no americans at LFCC, and I pointed out the fact that there is a major, major clash with one of the largest comic conventions in the world... Which is in the US, so really the US creators edge more towards that than a London convention they have never heard of... Still, hopefully next year you'll convince some of them... We need to take loads of awesome photographs of the event and get the comics industry talking positively about the event, so we'll get people asking to come, as apposed to being invited :yoda: