Question re. articles to get signed

Banished_From_Rohan

Fromm the tickets T&C:

8) Guests may refuse to sign items of unlicensed merchandise. This includes photographs, artwork and books where it has not been produced officially by the BBC or by a licensee holder. Due to a strict policy enforced by the BBC we are not allowed to sell any NEW SERIES Doctor Who, Torchwood or Sarah Jane Adventures photographs or be seen allowing unlicensed photographs at our events at this time, as neither the BBC or the actor receive any revenue from unlicensed merchandise. To avoid disappointment and/or embarrassment we ask you not to bring unlicensed photographs to our events and thank you for your co-operation.

Does this mean there will be no photographs from the new series available for signing then? And if this is the case, exactly what can we get signed? I'm very tempted by this convention, even though I'll be recovering from running a school trip and will probably be zombie like, and the answer to this question will help me make up my mind whether to attend or not.

With regards to these conditions, similar to those at 10th planets signing at the same time as Terry Nation tribute (same day, different venue, go figure..) Exactly what, then can we offer Georgia Moffett to sign, or any other recent addition to the canon? Family photo with Georgia and the person who isn't even his grandson's third fave doctor?

Exactly what did the Torchwood bunch sign at Collectormaina last month?

Much as I frustratedly take your point, Ms Moffatt will be signing my fully licensed Tardis "door" poster - the 16th new series sig on there B)

The photo thing IS a pain in the jacksie though - just license the rights BBC would you !!

Edited by dufresne

Exactly what did the Torchwood bunch sign at Collectormaina last month?

Anything you put in front of them within reason!

There were Torchwood and Who photos (Jack saluting the Doctor for example) but plenty of people had bought their own as they're all freely available in high res on the BBC's own website with the BBC's copyright clearly shown at the bottom of the photo.

I have used some of the wallpapers of the BBC site to get signed at events and as of yet no-one has refused to sign them. The last time was 2 weeks ago at a Dr Who convention in Gloucester and there were no problems at all getting them signed.

Did any of those organisors strictly state beforehand it wasn't allowed?

To be honest, I don't think they mentioned anything about unlicensed photos. They don't tend to sell photos for signing by people from the new series but there never seems to be any problem with people bringing them from home.

I know that generally they don't make a problem of it (no one does, which is why those pictures are always for sale at cons). But if it says so explicitly in the rules I don't think it's possible. For instance a friend of mine went to a VM/PB convention recently and she couldn't use any of the pictures she printed of herself. Only pick one from a few licensed pictures that were for sale there

That's because it's a blanket rule at that particular organiser's conventions that you can't bring your own photos for signature. That applies to all his events.

The Doctor Who guests have been appearing at Collectormania's for a while now and the issue of people bringing their own photos has never been a problem - nor was it at Bad Wolf last year. I would suggest that you bring what you want toget signed bearing in mind that you may need to pick up an alternate on the day if it's deemed unacceptable.

• Showmasters Admin

we will have images at the show for all the guests like we do for all the showmasters events

and all photos will be given away free and if you want to buy extra autos from the guests this will also come with a free photo

also if you want to bring you own images or things to get singed that all fine

i hope that this clears this up

see you all there

jason :WAVE: