Did anyone see Dr Who tonight ?

showmasters

So, you won't be on hear post Saturday evening saying how wonderful the episode was?

Right, "Jola Watch" is official for Saturday onwards :thumbup:

Edited by Abyss

I love Tennat's Dr and think these last few episodes have been excellent.

I want to know who Alex Kingston's character was in relation to the Dr (other than what we found out in the ep obviously!)

And i'm annoyed that I can't remembered any of the Bad Wolf stuff and how they left off before. :thumbup:

I love Tennat's Dr and think these last few episodes have been excellent.

I want to know who Alex Kingston's character was in relation to the Dr (other than what we found out in the ep obviously!)

And i'm annoyed that I can't remembered any of the Bad Wolf stuff and how they left off before. :huh:

If I've guessed right then this may be a spoiler, but I think she's

Susan's grandmother

maybe. Loved 'Turn Left'! :D The writing is really hitting new peaks this time - it was only about 10 minutes after it had finished that I realised that DT was hardly in it at all! Never having seen Catherine Tate in anything before she was cast in Doctor Who, I'v nothing to compare her performances against, but the character seems to be maturing. At last, a companion who doesn't fancy the Doctor! :lol:

I have said this in the Doctor Who section of this forum, and to many Whovian fan friends of mine who seem to be going for the obvious family/love interest connection, I think that she is a plain and simple prelude to a long term set up of The Doctor. It may even lead to David's probable regeneration. At no point do I recall from the episode that River Song told him his real name - please tell me exactly where if it was 100% mentioned as I have the episode on DVD - and in "Left Turn" you had the whisper in the ear again, but this time Rose to Donna (Bad Wolf this time). Could this be a reoccurring theme where people keep whispering stuff to The Doctor or the companion to unsettle him for a future deadly attack?

Edited by Abyss

Just checked the dvd and I cannot believe that I missed that part. However, it still does not change my thoughts that it is a set up. With the way that the Whovian legacy has been rewritten so to speak with Daleks long since thought to be dead and gone, but low and behold are alive and thriving. The Master alive. This is Science Fiction and can often be explained away. The only other person that I think it can be is a renamed Jenny from The Doctor's Daughter. It was the way she said the phrase about running.

Just checked the dvd and I cannot believe that I missed that part. However, it still does not change my thoughts that it is a set up. With the way that the Whovian legacy has been rewritten so to speak with Daleks long since thought to be dead and gone, but low and behold are alive and thriving. The Master alive. This is Science Fiction and can often be explained away. The only other person that I think it can be is a renamed Jenny from The Doctor's Daughter. It was the way she said the phrase about running.

shes his wife in about another 5 regenerations i reckon

like Romana shes probably a fellow Time Lord/assistant

she seemed too loved up with "her doctor" for her to be anyone else other than this and i guess that Time Lords only reveal thier names to wives to be

its the most obvious answer

anyhthing else is just too out there

Edited by vintageSW77

My bf thought that it was a diff regeneration she knew, but at the start, she was talking to him saying you're young yes, but where are you in the lil tardis book, and it took her a while to twig that it was before he knew her... meaning she knew the face of DT at least for a little bit...

shes his wife in about another 5 regenerations i reckon

That's what I thought. At the very least his significant other.

My bf thought that it was a diff regeneration she knew, but at the start, she was talking to him saying you're young yes, but where are you in the lil tardis book, and it took her a while to twig that it was before he knew her... meaning she knew the face of DT at least for a little bit...

The way I saw it was that she is involved with him but a long time in the Dr's future. It could simply be that she is with a future incarnation of him, but he may well have pictures of his previous incarnations. She knows it's him.

Or that it's all retrospective, she's involved with the future Dr but that she has met his previous forms on their travels, in his current incarnations future.

a lot of people think this mystery will be resolved during Tennants reign as the Doctor

Doctor Who has been going for over 40 years and this story may not be resolved for another 40

Edited by vintageSW77

Just caught a bit of Billie Piper in "The Ruby In The Smoke" and she has similar speech impediments there. Maybe it is something noticed when you don't see her for a while.