Guest attending BERNARD CRIBBINS

showmasters

Right, well as I said before I don’t want to rock the boat here… but for it to have it’s own thread on here… they are doing a little bit more than just promoting it aren’t they? ;) Anyway, whoever or what ever is organising this event, I don’t care to be honest. I just want this DOCTOR WHO event to feature an impressive lineup. Last Year we had Eric Roberts…. This year we had Bernard Cribbins…. Preparing to be dazzled and hopefully meet a few of you good people in the process! :spew:

• Showmasters Admin

Right, well as I said before I don’t want to rock the boat here… but for it to have it’s own thread on here… they are doing a little bit more than just promoting it aren’t they? :dance: Anyway, whoever or what ever is organising this event, I don’t care to be honest. I just want this DOCTOR WHO event to feature an impressive lineup. Last Year we had Eric Roberts…. This year we had Bernard Cribbins…. Preparing to be dazzled and hopefully meet a few of you good people in the process! :YAHOO:

here is an answer to your post duckman

you said

"but for it to have it’s own thread on here… they are doing a little bit more than just promoting it aren’t they?"

yes we are getting behind 10th planet in a big way, we have been working with and helping out a bit behind the scenes for around 2 years now, they are good people and run good fun events, if we can expose the events they run to lots more people by promoting the events on here and at our shows this will help sell more tickets, which in the end will help to bring more guest to the con and help to make the event even better for the fans so all in all its a good thing for all

" Last Year we had Eric Roberts…."

Eric Roberts was a good guest but only if you like the TV move, i do but some do not, so him being a great guest is all down to your own opinion

"This year we had Bernard Cribbins"

i know no one wants to her of a guest dropping out and he is a good guests but to say he is the maine guest i am sorry i do not agree

there are to Doctors and i think the as a first timer Georgia Moffett is an amazing guest it sounds like you are a fan of the old show which is cool, but the guests for the show look to me as great guests

now as to Touchwood guests should not go to a Dr Who event this is crazy its all from the same universe and as all the shows cross over this is just silly

i just want to point out one last thing, i was at the last Bad Wolf con and just took another look at the program and in it it says that Bad Wolf is a unofficial Dr Who & Tourchwood convention so i do not see what the issue is with having guests from Tourchwood this time is ? ?

well i have said my thoughts

i am now just looking forward to going to hang out and party and have no responsibility :YAHOO: the only thing i have been roped into is doing the auction like i did last year

see some of you there :o

Jason

What have I told you about feeding the trolls guys !!

Having said that - I do agree that The Hub is unlikely to have Classic Who / New Who guests (Freema being an obvious exception) and personally, a Dr Who event should similarly be Who only. Just an opinion....

Am just looking forward to the event and spending the money on drink that I had put aside for a photo with Bernard!!!!!!!!

We are dressing up in the evening as well - so that should be fun!!!!!

Exactly right an opinion. I would like to stress that I am not a troublemaker but I refuse to be made out to be unreasonable in my opinion… Here is a little quote for you from a well know encyclopaedic web site that also includes various pages on my favourite show..

"Bad Wolf" is an episode in the British science fiction television series Doctor Who, which was first broadcast on June 11, 2005. It is the first of a two-part story. The concluding episode, "The Parting of the Ways", was first broadcast on June 18.â€

Now I defy anyone to disagree with that, so to me and I know I am right about this, Bad Wolf is as much a part of Doctor Who as is Ariel views of Cardiff is to Torchwood. And if I am in fact wrong here then I look forward to seeing the Torchwood line up at INVASION this year…

If you want to go for the WHO/TROCHWOOD angle then how about going for cast members that have been in both at least? Whether it’s your event or not, Showmasters achieved this at the last event didn’t they? So why not do that again? As for the popularity of the Tv movie excuse me but Eric Roberts like it or not was a main cast member… If it had been ‘second guy from the left at the party’ I would have had the same opinion…. And he followed on right after Carol Ann Ford… nice variety there old a new and main cast of the series.

You can’t say that loosing Cribbins has taken the wind from the sails here… But if the whole event is being pinned on Georgia Moffett then I would say that’s a weak line up… What happened to the time we used to get companions from each decade? Old meets new? So many out there, surely more classic dvd’s will be sold then?

All I want to know is, is this the complete guest list now? Or will there be more Torchwood guests? :whistling:

I had a similar issue with another con organiser. They always advertised it as a Stargate event for fans of SG1. I booked on that proviso and asked questions when they started adding Atlantis guests. I pointed out that it was advertised as an SG1 event and that was what I bought my ticket for, not to see Atlantis people. Especially when they where also aranging an Atlantis con.

Am just looking forward to the event and spending the money on drink that I had put aside for a photo with Bernard!!!!!!!!

Would that be for Friday’s drinks reception or Saturday night? Dressing up as?

• Showmasters Admin

Exactly right an opinion. I would like to stress that I am not a troublemaker but I refuse to be made out to be unreasonable in my opinion… Here is a little quote for you from a well know encyclopaedic web site that also includes various pages on my favourite show..

"Bad Wolf" is an episode in the British science fiction television series Doctor Who, which was first broadcast on June 11, 2005. It is the first of a two-part story. The concluding episode, "The Parting of the Ways", was first broadcast on June 18.â€

Actually, I believe the quote is from Wikipedia, which imo is not an "encyclopaedic web site", but instead written by whoever was last on it, often including inaccurate or erroneous information and work plagiarised from other sites.

Now I defy anyone to disagree with that,

I disagree with you. :YAHOO:

so to me and I know I am right about this, Bad Wolf is as much a part of Doctor Who as is Ariel views of Cardiff is to Torchwood.

Bad Wolf is indeed a part of Doctor Who. It is also a part of Torchwood, as Bad Wolf is seen as graffiti in the background of Torchwood episode "Captain Jack Harkness", and in turn Torchwood is part of Doctor Who - indeed, the first on-screen mention of Torchwood is in the Doctor Who episode "Bad Wolf"

Torchwood and Doctor Who are irrevocably intertwined, and many actors from one have been on the other, and will undoubtedly continue to do so.

You can’t say that loosing Cribbins has taken the wind from the sails here…

He is a great guest, and it is a shame he can't make it now, but as you note, it hasn't taken the wind out of the event's sails. Plenty more good guests going.

But if the whole event is being pinned on Georgia Moffett then I would say that’s a weak line up…

It's not pinned on her. However, as a very popular character and an actress who has played in other Who (she has played in "Classic" Who in as much as she appeared in a Fifth Doctor audio too), at her first show in this capacity, people are understandably excited about meeting her.

All I want to know is, is this the complete guest list now? Or will there be more Torchwood guests? :YAHOO:

We haven't said if this is the final line-up. It might be, it might not be - there are still people we are talking to.

The Saturday night party!!!!

The Saturday night party!!!!

Great stuff! So, which Torchwood character are you going as? Oh sorry that’s right, it’s a Doctor Who convention isn’t it? Silly me! :YAHOO:

TORCHWOOD was so called as it was an anagram of Doctor Who so in my opinion Doctor Who = Torchwood so it is perfectly reasonable to have guests from that show. Anyway, in all this debate has anyone thought how the actors would feel if they saw all this debate about their validity at an event. Isn't this all meant to be for fun and isn't the forum just meant to be for "sociable" chat and discussion rather than verbal tennis.

Anyway, clean slate and all that, can we all just move on.

Regardng the recent TW guests added.

Re the 2 actresses from the Victorian TW.

Even if DW fans don't normally watch/can't stand TW, I would recommend watching the segment they were in as it really is the one bit of TW that does directly connect to DW. Just look on Youtube for Harkness Fragments Flashback, (the 10 min clip), its basically a self contained story that can be watched independently of TW itself, and is the missing link between Parting of The Ways, and Utopia.

Oh! Glad to hear we shan't be the only ones! Awesome!! There's a group of us also planning to go in costume, although during the day on the Sat :) Hadn't heard about the party on the night though... what does that entail?

If you really look carefully at the last post I made you will notice that I enclosed an :YAHOO: at the end of it... so does that mean I got out of bed the wrong side? I left it at that but then this joker comes along and starts it up again and has a go at Raylenth to boot.

I have no intention of going through all this again, I’m looking forward to seeing Mat Irvine and

K9 and the other Who guests that will be announced this week.... :YAHOO:

Now I would like to go along with the excellent suggestion made of leaving this subject? And starting a new slate. I have my opinion you have yours, lets just leave it at that.

I would also like to ask the same question as koschei about the Saturday night’s entertainment

Thanks you

Edited by duckman

As for your friend who got uptight about SG1 cons including guys from spinoffs.... tell him it's safe to open the curtains, they won't bite, it might even increase the amount of oxygen coming into the bedsit.

1. I don't know duckman from Adam, I mearly responded to one of his posts. If that makes you friends with a person so be it.

3. I was annoyed about the SG1 con with Atlantis guests as it was advertised specifically as an SG1 event, the same organiser was also running a separate Atlantis con. If I had wanted to see Atlantis guests I would have paid to go to that as well. They may be from the same universe, they may cross guests and themes over, but if it's advertised as something specific, keep it as that. I would have had no problems if they had advertised it from the beginning as a Stargate con, and would have expected guests from both shows in that case, but they didn't. They advertised 2 separate cons, one for each show.

I was simply relating a similar story.

I left it at that but then this joker comes along and starts it up again and has a go at Raylenth to boot.

Thank you duckman.

Edited by Raylenth