Collectormania .................................

sadboy

I know I am being very selfesh here, but would love a SM event in Bournemouth, Poole, Southampton, Portsmouth

Just would be great to go to an event that didn't involve 3 hours driving at least to get there.

As we have a natural progression down from Glasgow, Manchester, Midlands, MK and London, the next step for SM event domination must be down south.

Thoughts???

• Moderators

Honestly? If they've decided to shift the Manchester event because of schedules etc, I'd be very surprised if they wanted to add another event in a new location at the moment.

Reading Madjeski (can't spell lol) Stadium :(

...Though I agree, unlikely atm :thumbup:

Gets my vote, be nice not having to get up at the crack of dawn for a show just once!

Although didnt Showmasters used to be involved with an event in Reading years back, pretty low key affair at the Rivermead from memory. Seem to remember Jeremy Bulloch appearing at it.

I know I am being very selfesh here, but would love a SM event in Bournemouth, Poole, Southampton, Portsmouth

Just would be great to go to an event that didn't involve 3 hours driving at least to get there.

Isnt Poole little over 2 hours from Milton Keynes? XD I go near there every year for a holiday with my family *we go to Swanage* and it takes us about 2 hours 15 minutes to get to the ferry lol...So Milton Keynes is not 3 hours away...:D

Isnt Poole little over 2 hours from Milton Keynes? XD I go near there every year for a holiday with my family *we go to Swanage* and it takes us about 2 hours 15 minutes to get to the ferry lol...So Milton Keynes is not 3 hours away...:D

The journey invovles the A34 which is notorious for accidents hold ups etc, have got caught up many a time heading to MK in various incidents on this road

Guess your 2.15 includes avoidence of the speed limit !!

• 2 weeks later...

Im with Sadboy on this one! I think any of our big south coastal towns would be great. My favourite stars plus the seaside!!!

I travelled to Milton Keynes last Oct for C12 and it took me 3hrs drive. Course that was on a Friday afternoon departing at 12 noon. So weekend traffic getting out of Bournemouth and then MK's continuous roundabouts between my hotel then into the town centre venue didn't help! At that was at top speed for the fast parts of the journey. I also take my 6yr old son with me so the nearer the venue to me, the better especially if I can only travel to/from on Sat/Sun unless it's during school hols! So someone should check out Bournemouth BIC please!!!

Isnt Poole little over 2 hours from Milton Keynes? XD I go near there every year for a holiday with my family *we go to Swanage* and it takes us about 2 hours 15 minutes to get to the ferry lol...So Milton Keynes is not 3 hours away... :firedevil:

The journey invovles the A34 which is notorious for accidents hold ups etc, have got caught up many a time heading to MK in various incidents on this road

Interestingly the Google Maps route avoids the A34 (which I would do on every possible occasion ;) ) - basically it uses M3, M25 and M1. Still that's 146 miles and a suggested 2h 38 mins, and I think that's a tad optimistic; at any rate, it's certainly not much under 3 hours, and you only need a "comfort break" to take you over 3 hours.

Isnt Poole little over 2 hours from Milton Keynes? XD I go near there every year for a holiday with my family *we go to Swanage* and it takes us about 2 hours 15 minutes to get to the ferry lol...So Milton Keynes is not 3 hours away...:YAHOO:

Interestingly the Google Maps route avoids the A34 (which I would do on every possible occasion :P ) - basically it uses M3, M25 and M1. Still that's 146 miles and a suggested 2h 38 mins, and I think that's a tad optimistic; at any rate, it's certainly not much under 3 hours, and you only need a "comfort break" to take you over 3 hours.

Hmmmm M3 and M20 car park, sorry M25. Makes the A34 seem like a godsend.

Tried that route and had a 4 hour plus twice !!

Edited by sadboy