Collectormania Glasgow to be twice a year

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Welsh - I'm awfully sorry - and travel to MK, Coventry, Manchester and Earl's Court. Glasgow is a little too far for me though. I spend a lot of money at these events (don't we all!) and would do the same if any event were announced that was nearer to me - let that be the seed from which the business plan can grow :D

When there was a whiff of excitement last year about where the new event (Coventry) was gonna be, a lot of people held out hope for it to be in Wales. Not being greedy, just hopeful. People wanting an event to come to their town so that they can attend everyday and spend their money should be thanked not told to make a business plan. I assume that people mentioning Wales as a possible location for a future event are hoping that others will support them and that if enough noise is made then the powers that be will take the hint - that ain't gonna happen if the initial posters are thrown to the wolves!!!

I like the Manchester event but can see why the change has been made. That still means that me and my car full of attendees will be at one less event.

Righto, I best get back to the sheep, innit. Tidy.

I'm Welsh - I'm awfully sorry - and travel to MK, Coventry, Manchester and Earl's Court. Glasgow is a little too far for me though. I spend a lot of money at these events (don't we all!) and would do the same if any event were announced that was nearer to me - let that be the seed from which the business plan can grow :o

When there was a whiff of excitement last year about where the new event (Coventry) was gonna be, a lot of people held out hope for it to be in Wales. Not being greedy, just hopeful. People wanting an event to come to their town so that they can attend everyday and spend their money should be thanked not told to make a business plan. I assume that people mentioning Wales as a possible location for a future event are hoping that others will support them and that if enough noise is made then the powers that be will take the hint - that ain't gonna happen if the initial posters are thrown to the wolves!!!

I like the Manchester event but can see why the change has been made. That still means that me and my car full of attendees will be at one less event.

Righto, I best get back to the sheep, innit. Tidy.

If theres one in Wales I wan't one in Gloucestershie :o:o When will there be one in January theres nout to do around my birthday :D

Edited by selby

Any word yet on which 4 days this is going to be?

I need to try to book time off work ASAP!

Ditto, we are dealers at the show so dates are important as soon as you know

:D

Lynn

Since singing kettle and disney seem to be taking up the 13th and 20th weekends, I would guess it's on the weekend of the 6th...

which is a shame as a fair few regular con goers will miss it as a result of being elsewhere...

I think that the event will attract people from all over the country, if the guests are people that attendees want to see. :D

Agreed. I know I will if there's someone there I want to meet. Not going this August as noone there I need to see.

Would be great if it is the 6th December as It's the weekend of my birthday.

I really don't see how this other event elsewhere will affect it though as it's only catering for a certain tv show and they've pretty much all been before.

:D people travel from further than Wales! :blink:

FURTHER yes, but not as MUCH :D

Down south dont have to travel much due to events down there, the midlands get several events now, the north of england has manchester, and scotland now gets at least 2 events a year meaning they dont have to travel as much for once..but wales has nothing, so wether its north or south or midlands we still have to cross the UK to attend any of them :P

Timewise too, no event is closer than 2 and a half to 3 hours for most of us in Wales (and thats just from cardiff central to earls court for lfcc, by car or train!)

When you say the NORTH have Manchester it depends on how far North you mean. I live in the North East of England and we have no show other than a Very Small local Comic/Card Fair in Newcastle. To attend the Main Shows listed I also have to travel quite some distance.

Don't know if I will attend the December Show but I will be attending the August Show.

Edited by Enterprise1999

Down south dont have to travel much due to events down there, the midlands get several events now, the north of england has manchester, and scotland now gets at least 2 events a year meaning they dont have to travel as much for once..but wales has nothing, so wether its north or south or midlands we still have to cross the UK to attend any of them :D

Timewise too, no event is closer than 2 and a half to 3 hours for most of us in Wales (and thats just from cardiff central to earls court for lfcc, by car or train!)

When you say the NORTH have Manchester it depends on how far North you mean. I live in the North East of England and we have no show other than a Very Small local Comic/Card Fair in Newcastle. To attend the Main Shows listed I also have to travel quite some distance.

He's right, you know. Looking at the driving distances, Newcastle to Manchester is 145 miles and Newcastle to Glasgow is 152.

By contrast, Cardiff to Coventry is only 130, and Cardiff to Earls Court is 148.

(There are those who would say that Manchester isn't in The North, but the northern Midlands :blink: )

I think that the event will attract people from all over the country, if the guests are people that attendees want to see. :drool:

Agreed. I know I will if there's someone there I want to meet. Not going this August as noone there I need to see.

Would be great if it is the 6th December as It's the weekend of my birthday.

I really don't see how this other event elsewhere will affect it though as it's only catering for a certain tv show and they've pretty much all been before.

Well I'd be going to this if it weren't for the other event and I know of several others doing the same. I'd love to go to this but unless someone invents commercial cloning technology or devises a way to be in two places at once by December, I'm going to have to miss out on this :wub: