Is this the end of Torchwood?

Torchwood has apparently sold well to foreign networks, and dvds have been released in the US and Australia as well as over here. Check out Wikipedia for a full list of coutries broadcasting it:

Torchwiki

Viewing figures would suggest that the "tat" is popular. Everyone has different tastes, so why should Torchwood and Doctor Who fans like ourselves be graced with special treatment?

If there is a miin series of only 5 episodes, what is there to say that there won't be any more specials to tie in with the Who specials? It would make sense in my book.

I suppose you could argue that we're in the minority considering the ratio of sci fi shows to reality TV so you'd think they'd be more lenient but no. Always the sci fi shows that get cancelled- Jake 2.0, Angel and now Torchwood.

I suppose you could argue that we're in the minority considering the ratio of sci fi shows to reality TV so you'd think they'd be more lenient but no. Always the sci fi shows that get cancelled- Jake 2.0, Angel and now Torchwood.

Well, Torchwood hasn't actually been cancelled, yet. It's just been shortened for a season. I would agree that it feels as though we're being shortchanged, though, and you do bring up very important points about the vulnerability of the sci-fi shows. I do hope that the BBC find the funding and the will to produce a longer Series 4. :firedevil:

What people, well some, are forgetting is that a BBC spokesperson has said that Torchwood may well be picked up for more episodes and/or mini-series. From that I think that they are possibly arranging it around the Doctor Who specials. Anyway, having a slimmed down version for a year means a potential meatier return when the next series of Who returns.

Hi Everyone,

I can clear this up, i know Gareth David-Lloyd and he says that they are recording a 5 part mini series Sept-Nov this year, then later next year they will be recording a complete series to be transmitted 2010/2011.

Hope this clears everything up.

Mark

I noticed that Torchwood is just doing 5 eps over a week, not sure if it's been said, but knowing there are a few specials of Dr Who next year too, what are they chances they'll show them in a week long story too? That's be quite interesting. Or even better, you could have them follow on from whatever happens in Torchwood.

I noticed that Torchwood is just doing 5 eps over a week, not sure if it's been said, but knowing there are a few specials of Dr Who next year too, what are they chances they'll show them in a week long story too? That's be quite interesting. Or even better, you could have them follow on from whatever happens in Torchwood.

Hi,

The Doctor Who specials wont really follow in any relevance to Torchwood. Only the Christmas one this year when we find out who they new members of Torchwood are. The 5 episodes they are doing will be run day after day in a week so they follow on. So one episode Monday, then Tuesday etc until Friday.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Right, thanks for the info sparky!

I have a thing about Torchwood:

**************POSSIBLE DOCTOR WHO FINALE SPOILER!!!!!!!!!**************

I don't know whether anyone else has thought of this but at the end of the Doctor Who finale, I think it set it up so that Martha and Mickey will take the place of Tosh and Owen, because they both went off with Jack, Martha's been sort of part of Torchwood before and Mickey got nothing else to do, he has no-one else. What do anyone else think?

Hi,

The Doctor Who specials wont really follow in any relevance to Torchwood. Only the Christmas one this year when we find out who they new members of Torchwood are. The 5 episodes they are doing will be run day after day in a week so they follow on. So one episode Monday, then Tuesday etc until Friday.

Hope this helps.

Mark

The 5 episodes are the only confirmed ones, but it has been noted by both the BBC and John Barrowman in a magazine interview that more episodes are likely for the third series but it is not known whether they would be in mini series or full series format. There have also been suggestions by the BBC and the aforementioned JB interview that the connection between Torchwood and Dr Who may be more than fleeting next year.

The preview for series 3 of Torchwood - the mini series of 5 episodes - has been footnoted as "the worst week in Jack's life". On a side note, a former villain of Torchwood has hinted that they may well be back to annoy Captain Jack...three guesses to who that is ^_^

As regards the new members of Torchwood, it does seem likely that Martha and Mickey will be the additions to fill the two spots available. But who knows? Stranger things have happened..just look at the reaction when Catherine tate was announced as The Doctor's companion...

Okay, logistically, Torchwood begins filming in August and that's usually for around 8 months. John Barrowman has his panto at the end of the year cutting it down to 4 months of shooting. So the 5 episodes just happen to be a symptom of the fact they can't have JB for the usual amount of time they would normally.

But like people have said, he's talked both series 3 and 4, even admitted he like to see TW go 5 years.

So I doubt we should be manning the panic stations now. :)

Panic should be setting in because they are all filming Series 3 around the same time that the Hub is on.

If possible, I think Showmasters should try and get the original 5 cast members to the Hub as a mini reunion. It would be brilliant to see the gang back together.

I brought both boxsets of torchwood just over a week ago and have been totally hooked, Dare i even say its BETTER than new Who! I just finished watching season 2 and that last episode has left me breathless (so much action,drama and emotion its hard to digest it all), truley superb (as were the 2 eps i watched before it). Closest a man like me has come to blubbering at a tv show i can tell thee. Great stuff! I orignally stopped watching it after s1 ep3 on tv but my mate carried on watching it and kept telling me to give it another go, I kept turning it down until the day after the who season 4 finale when i impulsed brought both seasons, best purchase i've done in yonks, soooooooooooo much better than i thought and a totally different show than i was expecting.