Loving the Alien Quadrilogy guests

dufresne

Alien - John Hurt

Aliens - Carrie Henn (and Alex Gillis)

Alien Resurrection - Brad Dourif

So who do we want from 3 ?

Of those I haven't met yet, I would say Pete Postlethwaite, Charles Dance, and Christopher Fairbank.

Alien - John Hurt

Of those I haven't met yet, I would say Pete Postlethwaite, Charles Dance, and Christopher Fairbank.

I would say:

Paul McGann and Phil Davis (but that's because I'm a Doctor Who fan).

Pete Postlethwaite (really for the Lost World: Jurassic Park)

Edited by Dinobore

I've not met anyone from Alien 3, so I can pick any of them, but Pete Postlethwaite would be at the top of my list.

Maybe Danny Webb too - he was also in the Young Indy chronicles and Doctor Who, so it would fit with the rest of the event's theme :thumbup:

Edited by TeamGB

(and Alex Gillis)
You mean Alec Gillis?? When did he get announced?

From Alien 3 I'd like Ralph Brown back with Charles Dance, Charles S Dutton and Danny Webb.

Edited by nicky

(and Alex Gillis)
You mean Alec Gillis?? When did he get announced?

From Alien 3 I'd like Ralph Brown back with Charles Dance, Charles S Dutton and Danny Webb.

Oops - meant Nick Gillard - who "played" the Alien Queen ....

Alien - John Hurt

I'd like to see:

Charles Dance.

Paul McGann.

Lance Henriksen.

Pete Postlethwaite.

Did you miss the bit where I said Alien 3 ?
Sorry to be anally retentive but Biehn's likeness was used in Alien 3 (1992) and he was paid for it, though he wasnt credited AFAIK. But I get your point that he's more predominant in Aliens (1986) and didnt physically appear in Alien 3. Edited by nicky

Anal retentiveness acknowledged ! IIRC he sued when they used his likeness without permission, either using deleted scenes from 2, or a prosthetic "corpse" - so maybe "paid" is putting it the wrong way :wub:

I know an early draft of 3 had Newt and Hicks also surviving - and being in at least part of the film, but it obviously didn't happen. Put it this way - would you ask Biehn to sign a stand alone A3 DVD ? (as opposed to a quadrilogy boxset) ?

On a tangent, with Hurt, Dourif and Henn coming, and the Yaphet Kotto cancellation still unresolved, has there ever been a stronger case for Sigourney getting her sweet tush to EC5 ?

I hate to say it, but I switched off mentally almost immediately with Alien 3 when it was revealed that Hicks didn't make it. In my view, it completely invalidated the entire 3rd act of "Aliens". She might as well have just buggered off and left them to it. It really annoyed me.

To be honest, the Alien Franchise, like the Terminator franchise, is an example of a franchise where if you're not going to get James Cameron, in my view don't bother. Aliens Vs Predator? Absolutely pointless, both of them.

Did you miss the bit where I said Alien 3 ?

No, but "technically" Biehn is in it.. just the time for Hicks to drown in his bloody cryogenic tube! (Ok we don't see him, but we KNOW it's him in there...)

(Massive GRRRRRRR to the scenarists for that!)

I know an early draft of 3 had Newt and Hicks also surviving - and being in at least part of the film, but it obviously didn't happen. Put it this way - would you ask Biehn to sign a stand alone A3 DVD ? (as opposed to a quadrilogy boxset) ?

That was William ("Neuromancer") Gibson's script. It was set on a space station with Ripley only in the background cos she was in a coma I think, Hicks, Newt and Bishop were actually the main characters. There's a similar story in the comics that came out in about 1991. No, I dont think anyone would get Bihn to sign an Alien 3 poster/dvd. He wasn't physically in it nor credited. Anal retentiveness ahoy!!

I hate to say it, but I switched off mentally almost immediately with Alien 3 when it was revealed that Hicks didn't make it. In my view, it completely invalidated the entire 3rd act of "Aliens". She might as well have just buggered off and left them to it. It really annoyed me.

I see what you mean but the Alien series has always been about Ripley, no one else - even when Winona Ryder shared billing on the poster for Alien: Ressurrection (1997) I could see something was bad and it was just wrong. Ripley was the last surviving member of The Nostromo, that said, she should also be the last survivor of the Alien series. Trying to change that is like bringing Robin into Batman movies. Maybe if Hicks was played by a big star he would have been in Alien 3 as not only was the series all about Ripley, but it was Sigourney's star vehicle.

Edited by nicky

So you would ask Biehn to sign a copy of 3 on DVD ?

No, for the simple reason i don't have a copy of the 3.

Saw it once on cinema and hated every minute of it (only the last "death scene" i liked).

And i wouldn't have M. Biehn signing anything Alien, anyway... for me, he's Reese.. :)

And i wouldn't have M. Biehn signing anything Alien, anyway... for me, he's Reese.. :)

would you get him to sign a Terminator 2 (1991) DVD that only had the theatrical cut on?

No, for the simple reason i don't have a copy of the 3.

Saw it once on cinema and hated every minute of it (only the last "death scene" i liked).

Don't knock Alien 3 (1992), man!! It's light years ahead of Alien Resurrection (1997). You need to see the 2003 Assembley Cut of A3 to get an idea of how David Fincher originally inteded it but the theatrical cut is still ahead of A:R.

Edited by nicky