Who is your Favourite/Funniest Character

dragonmate1

TOS - Bones McCoy and his interaction with Spock

STNG - A tie here between Worf & Data.. Both for the humour in their misunderstandings of the human way of life. Who can forget "A Fistful of Datas"

DS9 - Quark.. The episode where he had to dress up as a female was hilarious..

Voyager - Holographic Doctor. Don't know why.. he just cracks me up!!

Enterprise - Phlox - Great character with lots of surprises that are gradually revealed as each episode is shown... I wonder what is next!!

have to agree with u on most things:

TOS - Bones McCoy and his interaction between spock and kirk

ST:TNG - data. i love the way he sometimes goes on a bit e.g. when someone says something and he says "ah yes, to ____________,_________ " and then someone told him to shut up!

DS9 - Quark and his interaction with odo!

Voyager - Holographic Doctor. i dont know why either, the dude is just funny!

Enterprise - Phlox - ive liked him from the first episode! funny, but can also be very serious as i remember, but i cant remember the episode name.

TOS.... Bones... i love the classic phrases like 'i'm a doctor not a plumber'.. well you know what i mean.

TNG.... Data.... I like the way he tries to be human and something is always mistaken

D-S9..... ODO I like his interactions with people especially quark, quite funny, and how he sticks to the law.

Voyager The Doctor for sure.. no contest. He is so funny and such a dry humour.

Enterprise...Phlox... all these medical people... I agree with the suprises. He was a well thought character to include.

TOS- definately BONES , but spock is a close second. i just love the interaction between them.

TNG- DATA for all the above reasons

DS9- difficult, cos there are so many great characters. JADZIA DAX in a tie with GARAK

VOYAGER- the DOC

ENTERPRISE- again a doctor wins.

• 5 weeks later...

TOS- Spock of course-who could go past that impeccable logic!

TNG- Jean-Luc Picard- love his speaking voice!

DS9- Odo- cos he is learning about being a human-very funny sometimes!

Voyager- Captain Janeway- good to see a female captain at last- and doing such a good job!

Enterprise- i like Phlox too- for the reasons above!

• 2 weeks later...

Bones - Basically for the same reasons as everyone else

Wolf - Some of his interactions were comical. Especially in the earlier seasons with his kill first ask questions later.

Cant remember his name, but the Tailor - All his mystery of who he is and what he has done. Always added to comical moments when he used to be trapped or something with the other crew.

Paris - Always the cheeky chappy and great piloting skills to boot!

Edited by emotionalvampire

Bones - Basically for the same reasons as everyone else

Wolf - Some of his interactions were comical. Especially in the earlier seasons with his kill first ask questions later.

Cant remember his name, but the Tailor - All his mystery of who he is and what he has done. Always added to comical moments when he used to be trapped or something with the other crew.

Paris - Always the cheeky chappy and great piloting skills to boot!

the tailor is garak. the same fav. that i have for ds9

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

TOS - Can't say I ever really connected to anyone in it, I dunno why, prob cuz I was brought up on TNG, but if I had to go for any1 it'd be Spock I always thought he was an interesting character.

TNG - Hmm, I loved a LOT of the cast ... Jean Luc was a great captain, had to love Q whenever he popped up, Data was probably my favourite regular character alongside Picard. Never really liked Riker/Troi for some reason, Bev Crusher was ok but never felt like i related to her at all ... and Wesley Crusher .. don't even get me started on him, no no no. Worf was good but I did prefer him in DS9 I felt that suited him a bit more, and Geordi was good during his interactions with Data but other than that I didn't get much outta the character.

DS9 - Odo definitely, no matter what was happening I always found his struggle and fight to fit in and learn about everything really touching and interesting. Of course, Quark was always funny, but I guess i'm liking him cuz he was in Buffy too hehe. Jadzia I think I only liked cuz she was cute lol.

Voyager - The Doctor of course, what else can be said :wub: Paris/Tuvok/Kim were the only others I actually liked.

Enterprise - Sorry, I'm a Quantum Leap fan so u know who I'm gonna choose :P

Aaaah but is it right to equate "favourite" with "funniest" in a franchise like Star Trek?

Benjamin Sisko is a huge hero to me but he's not a 'funny character' at all.

O'Brien, Tuvok and Phlox are much funnier!

Aaaah but is it right to equate "favourite" with "funniest" in a franchise like Star Trek?

Benjamin Sisko is a huge hero to me but he's not a 'funny character' at all.

O'Brien, Tuvok and Phlox are much funnier!

hmmm...not sure Tuvok means to be 'funny' as such! the vulcans would NOT be amused!

Spock was also an expert of the witty and superior put-down. Just ask McCoy! :lol:

And the only people who say that 'sarcasm is the lowest form of wit' are people who aren't bright enough to use it! :D

(That wasn't an attack at you, by the way).