I was going to go.....

I called the hotel and they told me that all the rooms with the 'special rate' had gone, yet there was plenty of availability left but I would have to pay the normal higher rate. So after all that and thinking I may come anyway, even due to the lack of guests, I decided no way if they were going to charge me extra rates. The guy kept on telling me there was plenty of availability in the hotel!!!

But no way am I going to pay the full rate!!

Grrrrr.....

Edited by Duke

Good for you ! We need some more negativity from you !!

As I understand it, SM have booked out the hotel for this as they did for Eclipse and Lockdown, so ALL rooms should be at the special rate - I would ring back and clarify this and/or speak to a superdupervisor.

As I understand it, SM have booked out the hotel for this as they did for Eclipse and Lockdown, so ALL rooms should be at the special rate - I would ring back and clarify this and/or speak to a superdupervisor.

Not strictly true - I was able to get a room at the hotel for the Hub after the con rate rooms had gone by booking through a third party web site. I'm guessing SM got as many as they could but that certain sites have a guaranteed minimum

Get off my case dufresne. I wanted to come to this event but it has been made very difficult for many reasons and Im not stupid enough to make a mistake on the room availability at the hotel. I don’t need smart spam comments like that!

I, like everyone else have the right to express my opinion and if you want to see that as being 'negative' thats your beef and I'll thank you to keep it to yourself.

All I was saying is that I have been to 8 Red Dwarf Conventions and many others taking my total way over 15 and its only fair to say that this isnt the best ever due to the significant lack of guests and very short notice. Thats all. Im not a negative person, nor do I continually post negative comments, I just voice my opinion which is my god given right and you have no right what so ever to criticise me for it!

Oh yea - I would like to add an opinion that you need to get you facts right!!

Get off my case dufresne. I wanted to come to this event but it has been made very difficult for many reasons and Im not stupid enough to make a mistake on the room availability at the hotel. I don’t need smart spam comments like that!

I, like everyone else have the right to express my opinion and if you want to see that as being 'negative' thats your beef and I'll thank you to keep it to yourself.

All I was saying is that I have been to 8 Red Dwarf Conventions and many others taking my total way over 15 and its only fair to say that this isnt the best ever due to the significant lack of guests and very short notice. Thats all. Im not a negative person, nor do I continually post negative comments, I just voice my opinion which is my god given right and you have no right what so ever to criticise me for it!

So YOU have teh right to speak your mind .... but I don't ? :YAHOO:

Edited by dufresne

Thats strange coz when we tried to book we were also told we couldn't get the con rate coz they were all booked. We were told we could have a room but had to pay normal rate so we went ahead and booked as it was only £6 more per night and it saves the hassle of travelling back and forth all weekend. Its pretty strange how different people are getting different rates and info :-S

So YOU have teh right to speak your mind .... but I don't ? :D

Of course you do, I was just saying that its annoying when someone has a go just cos someone else has a point of view. Its a different context anyway. I dont want to argue about it, just dont jump down my throat. A constructive response would be nice though. To be honest Im feeling very down about the fact that not only can I not make this con, but Im 100% sure Showmasters could of made this the best Red Dwarf event ever, but it just wasnt meant to be. The hotel not having a clue about prices is just the iceing on the cake really.