Who would you like to see at Sportsmania 3?

terrier26

;)

I thought that I would start a thread off to see who you would like to see at Sportsmania 3 and who you think are realistic guests?

The kind of guests that would attract me to Sportsmania 3 are:

- Pele - although maybe not realistic!

- Peter Schmeichel

- Jimmy White

- Ronnie O'Sullivan

Who would everyone else like to see?

I asked Hubby this question and he said

Joe Calzaghe (That goes for me too :YAHOO: )

Ricky Hatton

Sir Bobby Charlton

Rodney Marsh

Monty Panesar

Andrew Strauss

Les Ferdinand

Andrew Flintoff

Gareth Edwards

Jason Leonard

Stirling Moss

Colin Jackson

Dame Tanny Grey Thompson

Tim Hennman

Aside from the 66 squad members I've alreay mentioned, I'd say any ex Liverpool players, any continental footballers e.g. players from the Milan side of the late 80s/early 90s or any of the Italia 90 England squad.

YES!!!! Baresi, Donadoni, Van Basten Omg!!!!! GREAT IDEA :YAHOO:

Would sports presenters be acceptable, if so I wouldn't mind a photo with Suzi Perry. :blush:

Sticking with the biking theme, Valentino Rossi, although perhaps impractibable, would be amazing. On the other hand James Toseland, being British, may be more available.

I know next to nothing (in fact I know less than that!) about motor sport in general and certainly not biking so don't shoot me down in flames here but I think Carl Fogartty (or however you spell it!) has been known to do signings before, not sure if he woul be of interest though.

Bit of a hefty list I know, but I think most of these (to a varying degree) are achievable (though probably not all together!)

Boxing

Chris Eubank

Nigel Benn

Ricky Hatton

Lennox Lewis

Amir Khan

Football

David Seaman

Roy McFarland

Ally McCoist

Ian Wright

Garry Linneker

Ted McMinn

Dave Mackay

Kevin Hector

John O'Hare

Tennis

Pete Sampras

John Mcenroe

Sue Barker

F1

Alain Prost

Murry Walker

Cricket

Graham Gooch

Geoff Boycott

Ian Botham

Mike Gatting

Phil Tuffnell

Snooker

Dennis Taylor

John Virgo

John Parrott

Swimming

Duncan Goodhew

Sharon Davies

Athletics

Roger Bannister

Sebastian Coe

Sally Gunnell

Steve Cram

Rowing

Steve Redgrave

Matthew Pinsent

Sailing

Ellen MacArthur

What do you think anyone?

Edited by Nick

My top list of Sportsmen and women that I would LOVE to meet

Women

Gina Carano

Robin Coleman

Erin Toughill

Amelie Mauresmo

Kim Clijsters

Men

Tito Ortiz

Tyson Griffin

Randy Couture

Kenny Florian

Cung Le

Jon Kopenhaver

Michael O'Hearn

Don Yates

Edited by Ship01

Darren Anderton and Daley Thomson

darren anderton? why?

how about -

mat le tissier

david platt

alan shearer

bobby charlton

david ginola!!!

some of the more accessible members of the 99 treble winning team????

paul mcgrath

stu pearce, ferdinand,

bryan robson

definately ricky hatton

• 3 weeks later...

I agree Pele would be an amazing guest to have. He could even be a main guest for Autographica or Collectormania, not just Sportsmania.

I went to his book signing in Coventry a couple of years ago and people were queueing from 4am to meet him.

It would probably cost a lot to get him over but if the entrance fee was increased slightly I am sure the costs could be recovered, every football fan in the country would surely want to meet him.

However, I have heard he has signed a contract with A1 Sporting Speakers to only sign their merchandise

http://www.a1sportingspeakers.com/signing_sessions.php

but I dont know how long the contract is for.

I agree Pele would be an amazing guest to have. He could even be a main guest for Autographica or Collectormania, not just Sportsmania.

I went to his book signing in Coventry a couple of years ago and people were queueing from 4am to meet him.

It would probably cost a lot to get him over but if the entrance fee was increased slightly I am sure the costs could be recovered, every football fan in the country would surely want to meet him.

However, I have heard he has signed a contract with A1 Sporting Speakers to only sign their merchandise

I'm not sure how much of a barrier that would be. I could be wrong but I think A1 sporting speakers supply most if not all the guests for Sportsmania. Certainly a good proportion of the guests are on their books and they maintain quite a visible presence at the show.

I suspect though someone like Pele, if he agreed to do a public signing at all would probably be better suited to a more controlled environment like an Autographica.

Pele is in the UK next week, doing a charity footy match at Stoke City, with Gordon Banks, maybe he would be encouraged to do a signing if it was for charity?

Also, with regard to another post about Bobby Charlton, I have heard a rumour he refuses to sign photos that have been signed by the other '66 players, he doesnt want to be associated with it, thats why he doesnt attend the reunion evenings and signings.

Beckenbauer, Cruyff and Eusebio would be great ones to see...

I'm not sure how much of a barrier that would be. I could be wrong but I think A1 sporting speakers supply most if not all the guests for Sportsmania. Certainly a good proportion of the guests are on their books and they maintain quite a visible presence at the show.

I suspect though someone like Pele, if he agreed to do a public signing at all would probably be better suited to a more controlled environment like an Autographica.

Don't know how many of you folks are signed up to the A1 Sporting Collectables newsletter, but the last one had an offer to meet Pele this Monday.

A limited number of people will have their photo taken with Pele & also receive a shirt signed by the footballing legend.

All for a reasonably priced £3000 per couple!

I'd love to meet the guy, but it would have to be a little closer to my working class budget.

Edited by 18blue78

Don't know how many of you folks are signed up to the A1 Sporting Collectables newsletter, but the last one had an offer to meet Pele this Monday.

A limited number of people will have their photo taken with Pele & also receive a shirt signed by the footballing legend.

All for a reasonably priced £3000 per couple!

I'd love to meet the guy, but it would have to be a little closer to my working class budget.

I'm disturbingly middle class and I couldn't afford that!

• 2 weeks later...