THANK YOU SHOWMASTERS!

terrier26

:angry: I just wanted to say a big thank you to Showmasters for putting on the fantastic event at Milton Keynes over the bank holiday weekend.

We travelled down from Glossop especially to meet the 1966 players and we weren't at all disappointed.

It had been a lifelong ambition to meet Gordon Banks and sometimes when you think of your heros and then meet them they can struggle to live up to your expectations - but Gordon was a really humble, interesting and nice guy.

To have a ten minute chat with him, get my picture taken and obtain a signed shirt and picture was well worth the 5 hour round trip that we made yesterday.

The event was absolutely amazing. This was the first signing event that I had been to and I had feared that it would be a bit like a cattle market but all of the players had lots of time and were only too happy to pose for photos.

Ray Wilson was also brilliant and had lots of time to talk and even tell a couple of anecdotes.

I got a 66 shirt signed by all 8 which I am going to get framed up to put up in my house - once I convince my wife!

It was a bit strange though as we got there early at 9.30am and were sat having a coffee and then half of the 1966 world cup winners walked past - I found myself doing a double take - it was a weird experience!

The event has only encouraged me to look at attending future sportsmania events. Pele, Peter Schmeichel or some snooker players like Jimmy White/Ronnie O'Sullivan would be a massive draw for Sportsmania 3 if at all possible!!!

A big thank you to everyone involved for putting on such a great event and giving me the opportunity to meet my heros.

Many thanks!

Steve ;)

i also would like to say thank you for this event. i found all of the 66 players very approachable, they were very talkative and they were all interested in my shirt that i had got for them to sign. Got some great photos and memories of the day

thanks showmasters!

Hi all, Can I add my own views to this thread. I attended as a dealer ( Soccersignings ). It was only the second event that I have traded as, the 1st being Autographica at Birmingham. I was positioned opposite the Showmasters booth and I had quite a few Framed items on the back wall ( if anybody remembers me ? )

The whole weekend went without problem with Mark and the team visiting on a regular basis, checking how things were going.

It can be a thankless task sorting out events and also addressing the issues that go with them.

From me, Many Thanks & Warmest Regards