66 Squad Members

Count Fooku

I know this thread is already in place on the Sportsmania 2 section but I thought it was worth starting again here!

While seeing the team that started the final is always great and there will always be a demand for them, I think there are now an awful lot of people who have things signed by them. I started a more generic 66 item off this weekend, i.e. not specific to the final, so it wouldn't look out of place with the other squad members signatures on it. Getting George Eastham on it was a nice start so a few more would be very welcome.

I know from the other thread there is an interest for this sort of thing, and that several of the squad have appeared at shows in a one off format. I think to have a dedicated squad reunion, would be something quite unique and would be something worth looking at.

I started a more generic 66 item off this weekend, i.e. not specific to the final, so it wouldn't look out of place with the other squad members signatures on it. Getting George Eastham on it was a nice start so a few more would be very welcome.

Hope you didn't overlook Peter bonetti, then you would only need Ron Springett for keeper line up.

I started a more generic 66 item off this weekend, i.e. not specific to the final, so it wouldn't look out of place with the other squad members signatures on it. Getting George Eastham on it was a nice start so a few more would be very welcome.

Hope you didn't overlook Peter bonetti, then you would only need Ron Springett for keeper line up.

Would have liked to get him on it but as he wasn't there Saturday it would have meant doing a special journey on Sunday which was something like a nine hour round trip on public transport including 2 hours each way on a bus from Euston to MK!

Would have liked to get him on it but as he wasn't there Saturday it would have meant doing a special journey on Sunday which was something like a nine hour round trip on public transport including 2 hours each way on a bus from Euston to MK!

There is no doubting your dedication and support for these shows.

It is really horrible having to make a choice of which day and who to meet, and I only live an hours drive away. Hopefully, PB will be a repeat guest sometime

I lthe idea of having a complete, well almost, 66 world Cup squad reunion, would be incredible. I assume may be of a similar age to me, Child of the late 50's, and a lot of these players are you boyhead heroes.

Takes you back to plaiyng football with a tennis ball in the playround and deciding who was going to be Bobby Charlton, Geoff Hurst, Martin Peters, Roger Hunt or Gordan Banks.

Memories are a magnificent thing.

• 2 weeks later...

As it goes I'm a few years younger, wasn't born till 1978, but I've always had a real interest in the era of the 1950s through to the mid 60s particularly where the England team is concerned. I think it's probably my Dad's influence as that was his era for going to watch games so there have always been plenty of old programmes around the house to look at.

While I think of it, I wonder if any of the German team from the 66 Final would be interested in coming over as well? Would make a really unique selling point to have a 1966 World Cup Final reunion

Edited by Count Fooku