Today

Count Fooku

Decent show, for those going tomorrow the prices ended up being more like last year ie £10/£15 for picture £20/£25 for shirts, boxing gloves etc.

It was pretty relaxed all day, no significant queues. Only real downsides was Gordon Bank's late arrival due to traffic problems, although of course things like that can't be helped, but when he arrived he was fine, chatty, posed for pictures etc.

Other small downside was the picture selection, especially for the 66 team. All there really was was the team picture (back row standing, front row sitting) and the famous one from the game of Bobby Moore sat on the other players shoulders. There was the odd one for other players but not much else choice. Only a couple of stalls selling unsigned pictures as well so I would say if you are going tomorrow, might be worth taking an 'insurance' item along just in case what is there isn't to your tastes!(although SM themselves had a stall selling some larger pictures, shirts etc which i've not seen them do before)

As with last year though a very enjoyable, relaxed day and I am looking forward to the next one

I will agree. The photo selection was extremely poor. I ws going to get Jack Charlton's on a 10x8 England photo. I already have his on another photo. They didnt ahave any decent 10x8 England photos at all from what I could see for the '66 guys. And really only a choice of 2 pics for the other guests.

Im hoping for some big improvements to this event come Sportsmania 3 in the Winter because I think it can be a big success if a lot of hard work is put into it and I hope it gets very big.

• Showmasters Admin

i would just like to say this has been Mark's baby from the start, and after the massive losses from the event last year which could have been the death nail for an event like this if it was ran by another company

i know he has worked very hard to try to keep the event alive and so fare the weekend has gone well and now we can start to grow the event with new guests and more things going on over the weekend, as to photos we give them away for, free and if there is something you want specifically then it is best you bring it with you as we cannot know what every one will wants

so one more day to go if you are thinking of going do come along and show your support

if you have been thanks for coming

thanks

jason

i would just like to say this has been Mark's baby from the start, and after the massive losses from the event last year which could have been the death nail for an event like this if it was ran by another company

i know he has worked very hard to try to keep the event alive and so fare the weekend has gone well and now we can start to grow the event with new guests and more things going on over the weekend, as to photos we give them away for, free and if there is something you want specifically then it is best you bring it with you as we cannot know what every one will wants

so one more day to go if you are thinking of going do come along and show your support

if you have been thanks for coming

thanks

jason

I'm sure a lot of hard work has gone into this show and all the others that SM organise, it's clear the commitment to the show exists otherwise there wouldn't have been a second and third already announced. I guess when any of us make comments that can be percieved as being negative, it's only because we want the event to succeed as much as you and Mark do and just want you to know what we as punters would like to see happen at the event in the future.

I can see the problem with the photos, at the end of the day if you are going through hundreds of a certain one or two pictures then to be left with loads that don't get used is just a straight up waste of money. I think the downside of sports guests from yesteryear is the availability of pictures from places like ebay, movie market etc just isn't as easy as pictures for film and TV guests. Often the only ones are from official club sources or newpapers where you can often be paying £10-15 just for the photo. Again it's not a criticism, just an observation.

I think one of the big pluses I noticed from the show this year were the number of people who were obviously just out doing their shopping who came over and got autographs, looked round the stalls etc, which I guess is one of the big reasons the event is in the shopping centre.

Please don't take any of this as being argumentative, I've really enjoyed both the Sportsmania's I've been to and even the Sportsmania zone at LFACC last year was great. Sounds we all want it to succeed, hopefully this time round the event will have been more profitable which will help build Novembers show.

By the way what are 'inverted vulcans'?!

Yeah I think that the Sports zone at LFCC is great and would certainly like to see that become a regular.

I can understand not wanting to be lumbered with photos and can see that as a reason for a limited choice.

I do hope that the commitment stays as you say as personally if i had to choose between attending a film/tv event like collectormania and attending a sports event like Sportsmania then Id choose the sports event hands down.

So im really hoping that it gets bigger and better like you say.

Roll on November!

Isn't it 'death knell'?

Although 'death nails' do make me smile. ;)

• Showmasters Admin

"Inverted Vulcans"? It's a crew joke hehehe. If you're there today, have a look and see if the crew have anything in common out of the ordinary.....

No they didn't I ran out of the house and forgot them :P

• Showmasters Admin

"Inverted Vulcans"? It's a crew joke hehehe. If you're there today, have a look and see if the crew have anything in common out of the ordinary.....

No they didn't I ran out of the house and forgot them :P

There's always next time. :P