Guest Suggestions

Kiwi 7

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SEE its HORROR the majority of contributors want !

indeed!! i think more horror guests are a must. we are usualy covered ok at collectormanias with tv shows, cult movies, sci fi etc, so why not add more horror guests??

can also add to the list tony todd

and off the horror topic, i mentioned twin peaks guests, but also david lynch wud be awsome. unlikely but awsome.

I would like to see people from cult shows like charmed and the like but also cast from CSI Las vegas (which i believe has never been done before) and the show Las Vegas (the one with james Caan)

also i think the emphasis on horror guests has been a lil too intese over recent times, im all for horror but a more even selection would be better.

Just my suggestion

Edited by michaelrc123

I would like to see people from cult shows like charmed and the like but also cast from CSI Las vegas (which i believe has never been done before) and the show Las Vegas (the one with james Caan)

also i think the emphasis on horror guests has been a lil too intese over recent times, im all for horror but a more even selection would be better.

Just my suggestion

The emphasis on horror guests may be a lil bit intense but that's because no one ever really listens to much, and you have to go to conventions in the sates to meet anyone and that is expensive even though the autographs are half the price. I'm not saying or suggesting every guest should be a horror guest, and i'm all for a balanced even selection as you need to appeal to all types and tastes to make Collectormania Midlands a regular fixture for the future, but this is a forum for saying who you'd like to meet and ideas you have so being a big horror fan i'll be pushing horror but I don't and wouldn't expect Collectormainia to turn in to a horror convention. I think there should be a dedicated horror convention and it should be out of London so the rest of us mortals can attend, but that's a discussion for a different forum. Good luck with getting anyone form CSI, and how about getting William Shatner to attend as i would so love to meet him.

Edited by Zombie Hunter

Just my suggestion

See i think there hasnt been enough Horror movie stars and think there have been way too many Stargate,Buffy,Heroes and ST tv stars at past showmasters shows with empty lines,church bells a donging and the old tumbleweed blowing past after the big fan rush is out of the way.

Englund and Campbell did the biz at Mid pretty much all day and thats a fact

sure they are tv stars because of Xena,Brisco County and V but the majority of attendees had Freddy and Ash pics and memorabillia signed as far as i could see

A lot on here are fans of the red stuff and i assume many are true long time fans of the genre judging by some of the unique requests for certain guests

AND i second the idea for a seperate Horror bash.

Edited by vintageSW77

I think there should be a dedicated horror convention and it should be out of London so the rest of us mortals can attend,

I attend cons like LFCC in London no problem and I live in Ireland. If your a big enough fan and in Britian, you'll make the effort to travel. We have the capacity to use public mechanical transport - most humans have enjoyed this privelidge since the 1800s.

Edited by nicky

Don Johnson

How random is that???

About as random as Evil Dead guests like Josh Becker, Ellen Sandweiss, Betsy Barker or Chan Wook Park.

Miami Vice was a big thing in the 80s and so was it's influence on pop culture. We've had TV shows from the 80s before, yes, even A-Teams Dirk Benedict.

Edited by nicky

I think there should be a dedicated horror convention and it should be out of London so the rest of us mortals can attend,

I attend cons like LFCC in London no problem and I live in Ireland. If your a big enough fan and in Britian, you'll make the effort to travel. We have the capacity to use public mechanical transport - most humans have enjoyed this privelidge since the 1800s.

I've been to the Sates, and most recent Flashback in Chicago to Horror conventions just to meet celebs that I don't think I'll ever be likely to meet in this country so I do understand what travelling means. I just get a bit sick that London seems to always get the priority over the rest of the U.K. and not everything should be in the capital. Yes it's easy to get to, I can get there in just over an hour, but there's more to the U.K. than just London. Wouldn't you rather have a convention in Ireland with the same line ups as they do in London? Also the less people that have the shorter distance to travel is much better for the environment which we've been quite happily destroying since the 1800s.

Edited by Zombie Hunter

Just my suggestion

yeah isee what u mean, but if u look at these events, horror guests are normally least present, its always more likely to see star trek and dr who guests. more horror type ppl wud make a big difference.

I just get a bit sick that London seems to always get the priority over the rest of the U.K. and not everything should be in the capital. Yes it's easy to get to, I can get there in just over an hour, but there's more to the U.K. than just London. Wouldn't you rather have a convention in Ireland with the same line ups as they do in London?

No, I totally get why London is the place to go. I dont think some big guests will be tempted to go to Ireland, London is a big bustling city, the centre of attention so they are more likely to go there - it's where the action is. Just look at the calibre of guests Glasgow or Manc get compared to London.

I dont mind the travel, I'm just glad we get the guests at all. SM get us the guests and the venue so then it's our job to get there if we wanna meet them - I think thats a fair deal, all SM ask is for us to get off our asses and get there, they've done the hard part. We cant get everything we want served on a silver platter.

Edited by nicky

Christopher Meloni

Mariska Hargitay

Stephanie March

Diane Neal

Reiko Aylesworth

Richard Belzer

Claire Danes

Chris Noth

Vincent D'Onfrio

Julianne Nicholson

Kathryn Erbe

Lena Headey

Thomas Dekker

Summer Glau

Brian Austin Green

Elizabeth Rohm

Erin Gray

Asia Argento

Robert Englund

Heather Langenkamp

John Saxon

Angela Goethals

Nathan Baesel

Leonard Nimoy

Peter Lupus

Peter Graves.

Edited by SunSpeed

I just get a bit sick that London seems to always get the priority over the rest of the U.K. and not everything should be in the capital. Yes it's easy to get to, I can get there in just over an hour, but there's more to the U.K. than just London. Wouldn't you rather have a convention in Ireland with the same line ups as they do in London?

No, I totally get why London is the place to go. I dont think some big guests will be tempted to go to Ireland, London is a big bustling city, the centre of attention so they are more likely to go there - it's where the action is. Just look at the calibre of guests Glasgow or Manc get compared to London.

I dont mind the travel, I'm just glad we get the guests at all. SM get us the guests and the venue so then it's our job to get there if we wanna meet them - I think thats a fair deal, all SM ask is for us to get off our asses and get there, they've done the hard part. We cant get everything we want served on a silver platter.

exactly, and if there are a number of big guests id wana meet all at 1 show in london then i wud travel, itas worth the money to meet them if i could!!

exactly, and if there are a number of big guests id wana meet all at 1 show in london then i wud travel, itas worth the money to meet them if i could!!

I now give up on this line of thought. I just feel it's fairer for the majority of the country to have things outside of London but you preprogrammed people seem to disagree. You just do as you're told. I'm allowed my opinion as much as you are to disagree with me but i don't see why it's such an issue. This is a forum about who you want to see and people even argue about that. Get back to topic and let people have there opinion.

• Moderators

I suppose the main point would be that the organisers aren't here to be 'fair'. They're here to make money. The London events are clearly successful, just like many other events in London from other organisers, so why not?

If life was fair, everyone would have everything they wanted, easy to get, and as cheap as possible. But that's not realistic.

Of course you're allowed an opinion, and I respect that. However I don't think calling people "preprogrammed" is a wise move. People can be happy with a situation and not criticise it without "doing what they're told". Just because someone doesn't stir things up, it doesn't mean they're a sheep or a follower etc. Some people really are just okay with certain things, understanding and accepting them.

Anyway, like you said, it's about guest suggestions so probably wise everyone gets back to that :D

I suppose the main point would be that the organisers aren't here to be 'fair'. They're here to make money. The London events are clearly successful, just like many other events in London from other organisers, so why not?

If life was fair, everyone would have everything they wanted, easy to get, and as cheap as possible. But that's not realistic.

Of course you're allowed an opinion, and I respect that. However I don't think calling people "preprogrammed" is a wise move. People can be happy with a situation and not criticise it without "doing what they're told". Just because someone doesn't stir things up, it doesn't mean they're a sheep or a follower etc. Some people really are just okay with certain things, understanding and accepting them.

Anyway, like you said, it's about guest suggestions so probably wise everyone gets back to that :D

I agree and I could, but won't, reply to your opinions on my opinions and beliefs as this isn't what this is about and you're allowed your opinion as much as me or anyone else is allowed theres and we should just all get back to topic and all just say who we'd like to meet without slagging off everyone.

Can we have the kid from Close Encounters seeing as we got Dreyfuss?

Obviously hes not a kid anymore but hed be a good one.

A couple of the aliens and the Dreyfus kids would be a treat an all.

Does Terri Gar do cons?

Edited by vintageSW77

Can we have the kid from Close Encounters seeing as we got Dreyfuss?

Obviously hes not a kid anymore but hed be a good one.

A couple of the aliens and the Dreyfus kids would be a treat an all.

Does Terri Gar do cons?

im glad u said "obviously hes not a kid anymore" lol, if he was id be spooked out lol

Ok bearing in mind the general awesome of the movie and the fact that it is the 10th anniversary since its release (and there is a pretty damn fine boxset coming out in just over a week) i repectfully request......no in fact i demand a Big Lebowski reunion.......its surely the greatest idea since bringing Bruce Campbell over in March.

Ok bearing in mind the general awesome of the movie and the fact that it is the 10th anniversary since its release (and there is a pretty damn fine boxset coming out in just over a week) i repectfully request......no in fact i demand a Big Lebowski reunion.......its surely the greatest idea since bringing Bruce Campbell over in March.

ahah yeah, bring over the dude!

• 5 weeks later...

it would be good to get more star trek people.

i know a few of them have been to some events but they need to be at more around the country.

TNG

Patrick Stewart

Jonathan Frakes

Brent Spinner

Marina Sirtis

Michael Dorn

Denise Crosby

LeVar Burton

Gates McFadden

Wil Wheaton

Whoopi Goldberg

Diana Muldaur