C14 Costumes

Smaug

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay another doctor. Note to all doctor cos players I wanna get my pic with as many as poss, i want a doctor fest. lol. Infact we should get a pic of us all together it'd be reall quite cool. lol :blink:

i def want to do a bleach guy . but i see ichigo and gin have all ready been taken. so think ill look in to Uryū Ishida or hollow ichigo been wanting to do bleach for ages. my profile pic is me as spike. any ideas what i could do .

Don't worry, you can do Gin as i decided to do someone else instead^_^

Instead of Gin, I'll be doin Amy from Soul Calibur IV (yup another crossplay lol)

Don't mind any doctor will do. lol. I did always think reinette was a bit of a hussy the way she pinned the doc againt the wall , so it's gonna be a doc fest. lol (please do not tkae this the wrong way, i will behave honestly.) lol.;)

I've had to cancel or my costumes.

No money. I can only afford the hotel room!

Why not wear a previous costume then?

I echo that thought as well. I always repeat wear costumes. Its such a shame to wear costumes only once. Particurally if there were a lot of time and costs involoved.

Dang namit! I really want to enter my Sephiroth into the competition but I'm the judge. Tis sucks.

Gemma, Jack might be bringing his Ichabod Crane to C14. It would be cool to get a pic of the two of you in your Sleepy Hollow kits.

i def want to do a bleach guy . but i see ichigo and gin have all ready been taken. so think ill look in to Uryū Ishida or hollow ichigo been wanting to do bleach for ages. my profile pic is me as spike. any ideas what i could do .

Hollow Ichi would be cool. Renji is also awesome but you'd have the wig issue. I have so many possibles for c14 now its ridiculous. There's Obi, Ani, Ichi, The Doctor, Edward, Cedric, Mulder, Grimes, Ianto.....

Might just come as Charley Boorman.

Edited by JaY (Gears?!?)

Hollow Ichi would be cool. Renji is also awesome but you'd have the wig issue. I have so many possibles for c14 now its ridiculous. There's Obi, Ani, Ichi, The Doctor, Edward, Cedric, Mulder, Grimes, Ianto.....

Might just come as Charley Boorman.

If you're the Doctor I'll be the Master.

If you're Ianto, I'll be John.

If you're Ced, I'll be Marc.

But I doubt I'd be a very good Ewan if you're Charley... :D

Sweet, sleepy hollow is almost done now, i've just got one sleeve to fit properly and the last bit of the trin and i'm done, then reinette to work on like mad, not got owt done this weekend cos i've been at a bike rally over in halifax. lol. Far too much beer to remember. lmao :thumbup:

I'm getting a bit better with getting all my stuff for Tonks. So far I have my pants, grey jacket, and belt. Still need to find the red and black striped top, make my jacket and modify all the different parts. Still haven't found the suitable fabric material for the jacket so now that I'm xbox free (as the stupid thing broken) hopefully I can put some time into looking for the rest of my stuff.

Gem I was wondering if you managed to find that red material that you were going to send to me for the hood of my grey jacket??

Edit: Just found the red and black top on ebay. Mwahaha! Still looking for the right material for the Tonks jacket tho :smile:

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

Sorry hun I compleatly forgot, been really madly busy. I had my birthday and cbt yesterday (didn't get it, first time ever on a bike tho) and I've been doing a load ofovertime at work. So I will get back to you with it hun, and I do have your address somewhere on my computer but can you myspace me it again just in case please. I have the cloth on my desk now as it happens. lol :king:

Resent my address to you hun. Got my belt for Tonks this morning its not exactly perfect but pretty damn good. Bit pissed off though as I bought some material off ebay only to find out after I purchased it they want £15 for the p&p. They have discounted it to £2.50 but t said there would be discounts off multiple items I was kinda hoping for more of a discount than that tho as when I got my red fabric for my other Tonks jacket it came from Germany and the p&p was discounted by about £8. So went from £15 to about £7 for the same amount of fabric.

The material is Black 100% Nylon Tactel 120gsm fabric how much would you expect to pay for £6 metres??

Not sure I can ask tony tho he'd know more about it than I do with him working in the textile trade, speaking of which he has my linen and madame pompadour fabric, which is a pretty close match to the fabric from the episode. Add to that sleepy hollow almost closes without the stays on, so hopefully with stays it might be a bit big meaning i can sort out the seams at the back. lol

Finally got the seller for my material down to £17 in total. Much better than the £23.00 he wanted to charge me to start with. This now meants the material is £9 for 6 metres and the p&p is £8 which seems alot better than the £15 he wanted to charge me for the p&p. So will hopefully have my material for my jacket soon.

Anyone got any ideas how to make a simple hood as sadly Tonks jacket has a hood and my pattern doesn't....

I am making a marine outfit from Battlestar Galactica new serise (its better :YAHOO: ) I've done some spray paiting and stitching patchs on.

Also got the duty blues outfit as well will post them later once I get my new pins and buttons for it :D

Never been to Collecto was the cosplay like? Do a lot of people do it ?

I have plans with my partner in crime as to costuming, but what is everyone else doing or planning to do?

Have we any big groups going?

Lets start a discussion! Woo!

May have 4-6 members of a new trek costuming group, going, but probably only 4 will be dressing up this time, which still isn't a bad turn out.

I'll be wearing my dress whites as I did at LFACC, not sure what all the others will be wearing yet, too soon to tell.

I am making a marine outfit from Battlestar Galactica new serise (its better :P ) I've done some spray paiting and stitching patchs on.

Also got the duty blues outfit as well will post them later once I get my new pins and buttons for it :D

Never been to Collecto was the cosplay like? Do a lot of people do it ?

Quite a few do it, walking round the stall you don't always notice them, especially with all the people crowding the stalls and the great things to look at, but trust me when I say you will never go to a showmasters event without seeing at least 2-3 people in costume...

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

Edited by zebredy

Looks like my Naboo cosplay (The Mighty Boosh) will be finished in plenty of time, and I may be Harry Potter one of the days as I'm just about to make a new (yes, another one) Gryffindor robe. Captain John may make another appearance if I get the coat remade in time.