C14 Costumes

Smaug

I'm going as Rukia from Bleach, and will possibly bring along a Unohana as well. Both sneakily bought on ebay, cause I'm laaaaaaazy. :P

Can't wait to see the costumes you guys have planned. They sound awesome. I'm especially looking forward to Sephiroth. You WILL get squeed at :( And possibly glomped......and kidnapped.........:o

All sounds really intriging. Not been glomped before. But I have been warned that Sephiroth is a popular choice. Though the armour is pretty strong stuff so it might hurt anyone who tries to glomp. Hes most likely coming to Manchester. Due to the ease of transporting tghe sword. I live in Manchester.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a wicker basket complete with a liner and a cover from my ww2 re-enacting you can borrow hon. I'll bring it with me in september to the event nd you'll have to meet up with me or something. And i've just hit a major problem with my reinette costume. cheacking the extant pics of robe la francois i.e saque back dress i realised i've made the bodice too short to look right so i'm now having to put aside a ton of hand sewing and redraft from scratch. Oh well least i have the basis of a cavalier era dress now. lol so something useful came out of my stupidity. lesson one always research cheack research then draft. lol

Welcome hunny, and phew my bodice is redrafted and mostly sewn, got my shift fabric a scrummy muslin in white and the stuff for my pocket hoops just got to go to marquise.de and get the pattern. lol and my reference pic. So madame pomadour has been rescued thank the goddess, just waiting for my new book to arrive and i can start sleepy hollow. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

The evil evil Lady D put me onto the idea of making a Midna costume from the Zelda and the twilight princess game :huh: So now I have to scramble to get it done in time. Oh well. Does anyone have a good picture or illustration of her headpiece?

So I guess I'm going as Rukia on one day and Midna on another :P

Hopefully if I get to come on two days then here are the costumes I'll be using.

Firstly I'll be doing a crossplay (meaning a guy cosplaying as a female character) as Misa Amane from Death Note^_^

9861_L.jpg

Snapshot_20080604_2.jpg

Yeah I just finished this costume and is gonna be my main costume retiring my Akatsuki Naruto costume^_^

Secondly if I'm on the second day hopefully, I'll be doing Zidane from Final Fantasy IX

305249671_4bb7b88e31-1.jpg

However, I'll be doin a different version of him, yup elegantly formal version which I'll be using for the ball in London *****:lol:

Snapshot_20080621.jpg

I used dark green velvet for the top rather than the usual fabric^_^

and lastly, if am lucky to have a third day off, I'll be Ichimaru Gin from Bleach^_^

n526495197_3116290_3460.jpg

Edited by Anime_Angel

Hopefully if I get to come on two days then here are the costumes I'll be using.

and lastly, if am lucky to have a third day off, I'll be Ichimaru Gin from Bleach^_^

Ooooh, scary scary Gin. I hope you'll be him on the same day I'm Rukia. We could team up and take over :lol:

Ooooh, scary scary Gin. I hope you'll be him on the same day I'm Rukia. We could team up and take over :smile:

Cool^_^ let me know what day and I'll do it on that day hopefully^_^

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow love the zidane costume love fianl fantasy, could never pull of my fave character tho i just don't have the abs to pull of paine. lmao. Well i've nearly finished my shift and my book with all my patterns for my gowns in turned up. Just got to translate them now to fit me. *GULP* lol. Tony got me madame pompadour fabric so i'm kinda squeeing in delight cos it's soooooo close.

Firstly I'll be doing a crossplay (meaning a guy cosplaying as a female character) as Misa Amane from Death Note^_^

9861_L.jpg

Snapshot_20080604_2.jpg

Yeah I just finished this costume and is gonna be my main costume retiring my Akatsuki Naruto costume^_^

Secondly if I'm on the second day hopefully, I'll be doing Zidane from Final Fantasy IX

305249671_4bb7b88e31-1.jpg

However, I'll be doin a different version of him, yup elegantly formal version which I'll be using for the ball in London *****:D

Snapshot_20080621.jpg

I used dark green velvet for the top rather than the usual fabric^_^

Excellent choices can't wait to see them. I'm going to try and get my Sephiroth ready for C14.

Ok really stuggling, so it could come down to reinette and possibly a character from mash if i can't get sleepy hollow done. given up on sewing a new shift and just altering the neckline and sleeves on my tudor one, which has sped things up majorly. speaking of whic i'd better get the sleeves back on. lol

Ok really stuggling, so it could come down to reinette and possibly a character from mash if i can't get sleepy hollow done. given up on sewing a new shift and just altering the neckline and sleeves on my tudor one, which has sped things up majorly. speaking of whic i'd better get the sleeves back on. lol

shame about hopw things are working out for you. I'm not even thinking this for ahead to be honest. I have a major anime event coming up and I'm focusing on what I'm doing for that at the mo. Depending on how my cosplay goes for that, I'll wear some of the costumes I made for that. Like my Sephiroth or go with a new but simple build.

Unfortunatly my Lucius leather DE is currantly on hold while the other costumes are being built. I'm plastic moulding Sephiroth's armur so its taking up alot of my time.

Well untill i can get some corset steels (hoop steel sorry) I can't do anymore work on reinette so sleepy hollow is started as wee speak. Bloody hell the pleats inthe back to get it to fit to the dummy are hard work, though my david tennant wallpaper (on the screen) is keeping me grinning like a madwoman. Did try to make some pocket hoops, and have found out that rigeline is ruddy awful for anything like that. They might work for sleepy hollow but sooo not big enough for reinette, but good news I found up my *cough* commercial pattern for the hoops so that will majorly cut time down, cos i won't have to draft it. PHEW. Gotta go look ofr a pair of size 9 cream converse and a sonic screwdriver now. lol

Well untill i can get some corset steels (hoop steel sorry) I can't do anymore work on reinette so sleepy hollow is started as wee speak. Bloody hell the pleats inthe back to get it to fit to the dummy are hard work, though my david tennant wallpaper (on the screen) is keeping me grinning like a madwoman. Did try to make some pocket hoops, and have found out that rigeline is ruddy awful for anything like that. They might work for sleepy hollow but sooo not big enough for reinette, but good news I found up my *cough* commercial pattern for the hoops so that will majorly cut time down, cos i won't have to draft it. PHEW. Gotta go look ofr a pair of size 9 cream converse and a sonic screwdriver now. lol

Elf Nanny. Tis I, Cedric your favourite Champion. I haven't seen you in yonks! Will you be at the next show? I'm planning on being a Champion again and I'll need my nanny to see off crazy fangirl types! :lol:

I will, but this time as reinette from doctor who. and katrina from sleepy hollow. Will fight em off for ya with my trusty big stick. lol. Elf gown is temporarily in retirement till the beadwork and the neckline are redone, so it's gonna be 18th century tart nanny in september. lmao.

So how's my fave champion doing?

I'm doing alright. Currently going cross eyed over a costume though :D One I asked Leggy about a while back and now am thinking about it again. I think its a bit ambitious for me though, so my Lake Task Ced will be arriving first. Let me know which day you're being Reinette and I'll dust off my old brown suit. :D

Edited by JaY (Gears?!?)

I think i'm doing reinette on the saturday. Wow i'm gonna have 2 docotrs. lol it'll be squeeing overload, hey it'll be like last nights episode with the 2 doctors. (ack i just got cakemix on the keyboard, my mums making buns and i yoinked the empty bowl.) Lmao. I'm really shocked at how quickly the sleepy hollow gown has gone together, I've only got the sleeves to draft and then the trim to put on. I'm gonna get pics up in the next ten min i hope, well once I've finished the hem on the skirt front. lol.

Right here we go some pics taken about half way through, the skirt is pleated and hemmed and the main bodice is half sewn, but it still needs sleeves and a petticoat. Oh snd i ned to put the ties in to polonaise the skirt, so it's all flat at the moment. lol :P

Front of dress showing the left side without the diagonal zone part.

costume001.jpg

Bck of gown you can't really see the pleats here but they were a pain to put in.

costume003.jpg

More to come soon. lol

Edited by liremaer

To put it as casanova did at the start of the show, b******s. I've messed up the pleats at the back and i'm having to put another in just to get it to sit right, even then it doesn't sit properly. So i'm going to see if boyes has maybe a metre metre and a half more of the fabric, if not the bodice is gonna have to be a botch job, hopefully my hair will cover it. lol. So i've ripped out the very bottom of the pleat in the middle which means it hangs right and i've put a pleat like a centre seam in instead which thankfully should do it, but the extra fabric will come in handy. :firedevil:;)

Edited by liremaer

Major disaster, i've run out of fabric with a sleeve and half a petticoat to go. Noooo, now gonna be followed by frantic scouring of local stores to try and find something similar for the back of the petticoat. arrrrggggghhhhhhhhhh :wub::wub::help::poki::help:

Ok ten minutes later panic over. A seller on ebay has exactly the same fabric from boyes for sale, so i bought 4 metres just to be sure. lol :wub:

Edited by liremaer

Squee boyes had 4 metres of the fabric left, so i snapped it up today, as well as 50 metres of ribbon for the trim and 11 metres of steel boning for the panniers for the reinette dress, the poor bloke who had to measure that out for me looked like he was gonna be strangled by it. lol

Looking good Gem. Can't wait to see how it comes together.

I'm not be able to make C14 now. Slight money troubles.

I hope to try and fix that asap as I would love to come. Especially as I want to get my Sephiroth to as many events as possible considering the amount of effort that went into him.

Hope you can get there hun, I ain't seen you in yonks. I started trimming the sleepy hollow dress to day and I can get the hoops for the reinetted dress done this weekend thank god. Kinda trying to convince tony to go as ryan buell from paranormal state, he don't really have to dress up or anything, it's freaky how alike they look. LOL. :D