C14 Costumes

Smaug

The chap from Assasins Creed. The computer game. Means I get to chop a finger off!

Or not. :whistling:

creed.gif

Hope you don't mind me commenting.

I think Altair would be an excellent costume.

I know one or two people in the States that have done fantastic ones. If you would like me to post pictures of thier costumes for your reference let me know.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chap from Assasins Creed. The computer game. Means I get to chop a finger off!

Or not. :whistling:

creed.gif

Hope you don't mind me commenting.

I think Altair would be an excellent costume.

I know one or two people in the States that have done fantastic ones. If you would like me to post pictures of thier costumes for your reference let me know.

Of course I don't mind you commenting! I would love to see some other costumes for reference! It would be awesome to see what materials people used.

This is going to be fun but so much hard work!

Maybe - and here's an idea. We have a cosplay get together. Where we all get together with sewing machines and fabric and just MAKE COSTUMES.

I'd be up for that, my house is certainly big enough for a large group.

Yes, I have spontanious and often impractical ideas!

Emma, your Sephiroth, I'm sure, will look amazing! Can't wait to see it!

Fab choices Wyrd Sister, Amidalas costumes are always good. I might take my Princess Leia. I've not worn it yet. :P

I really hope so. So far hes getting to be my most expensive costume and hes not complete yet. Have spent nearly £100 on him so far.

I would love to see your Leia.

I really hope so. So far hes getting to be my most expensive costume and hes not complete yet. Have spent nearly £100 on him so far.

I would love to see your Leia.

I know the feeling. I have spent not far off that on her. I'm not even a big Leia fan!

I still don't have a blaster either.

hopefully i am going for at least one day, i'm considering one of the street fighter girls, the one with the meatballs and the chinese dress. i just have to drop a dress size to get in it (oi for post baby belly)

or if i can get my husband to go too we could do harry and ginny and the baby in a little robe too :D

but i've also got to make a pair of hose, a shirt, a padded jack, a womans hat for a wars of the roses reenactment event the weekend before, oh and a fallen angel costume for the fancy dress party

Edited by alondria

hopefully i am going for at least one day, i'm considering one of the street fighter girls, the one with the meatballs and the chinese dress. i just have to drop a dress size to get in it (oi for post baby belly)

or if i can get my husband to go too we could do harry and ginny and the baby in a little robe too

but i've also got to make a pair of hose, a shirt, a padded jack, a womans hat for a wars of the roses reenactment event the weekend before, oh and a fallen angel costume for the fancy dress party

So you're not going to be too busy then! lol

I'm going as Rukia from Bleach, and will possibly bring along a Unohana as well. Both sneakily bought on ebay, cause I'm laaaaaaazy. :P

Can't wait to see the costumes you guys have planned. They sound awesome. I'm especially looking forward to Sephiroth. You WILL get squeed at :smile: And possibly glomped......and kidnapped.........:P

I'm going as Rukia from Bleach, and will possibly bring along a Unohana as well. Both sneakily bought on ebay, cause I'm laaaaaaazy. :angry:

Can't wait to see the costumes you guys have planned. They sound awesome. I'm especially looking forward to Sephiroth. You WILL get squeed at :angry: And possibly glomped......and kidnapped.........;)

Wicked, Rukia rocks!! Really can't wait to see that!! (And welcome to the forum too!)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this is not good and will teach me to keep up to date with showmasters. lol, i didn't realise that c14 was a month earlier than normal, methinks a huge mad sewing session will now begin. least i've nearly got my madame pompadour bodice done and the stays are now half edged, the panniers are next and man are they gonna be a problem. lol may have to put holiday on hold as well (thank god the bf ain't too keen on going this year).

xxx

As in belle from beauty and the beast. sweet love those dresses. we have decided we are coming to c14 (me and the fella) as reinette and the doctor from girl in the fireplace. lol Should be fun. Went for the wadding for the quilted petticoat and walked out with the fabric for the sleepy hollow stripy gown. oops, so taking a trip to huddersfield for that today. lol.

At the moment my costumes are on a no go as I'm really low on money as all my benefits have been suspended. Damn you government!!! Anyway as soon as I have some money I'm hoping to start my other Tonks costume. And considering they need to backdate me since September I should be pretty sorted

Decided on a nother costume to sew for the event as well. lol Gonna make an attempt at the sleepy hollow black and white polonaise that Katrina wears in new york, it's just a yummy dress and the fabric was staring at me in boyes and so was bought. lmao