Photo shoot tickets.

Tina

I have to say I think most of C13's problems came from people with no manners, those who felt the rules did not apply to them because they were clearly more important than anyone else.

Probably the same people who were going round telling everyone else that they were so-and-so's BIGGEST FAN :YAHOO:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other question, and it is not a dig but I am curious .. I noticed in the queue for JM etc, there were people with three or four photo tickets. Fair play to you but what did you get for your money. Did James strike three or four different poses? Did you get three or four copies of the same shot? I was just wondering, cos I just scanned my one shot and use it for all sorts of things now. Were multiple tickets for group shots or something :dance:

LOL, I've never actually had less than two photos received for every one ticket I buy :dance::YAHOO: Something always goes wrong so they take a second one, but it's very rarely wrong enough for me to notice, so I have two!!

Usually Yes, If any ONE person has say 2 or 3 tickets then that means they usually get 2 or 3 different posed shots. At times as Psychosis said, even if you have only ONE ticket, you sometimes end up with 2, maybe 3 copies due to Malcolm not being suffciently happy with the 1st one. (could be for a number of reasons, the person blinking at wrong moment, glasses need pushing up etc) It's not meant to start a "how come he/she got x amount of copies and I only got 1" but sometimes it does happen.

Also...adding to that rant about photoshoots on Sunday, ladies and gentlemen there is a baggage collection for a REASON.

When we're trying to get 600 people through in less than two hours, the time it takes for you to drop your bag on the other side of the photoshoot area is too long.

And there are signs up outside the photoshoot (for all of the people that looked at me as if I was nuts when I told them bags weren't allowed inside.)

But I'd also like to say thanks to everyone who queued without pushing for the Eve Myles photoshoot distribution. It made it much easier, and less photos were destroyed with fingerprints. ;p

My only suggestion for the photo distribution would be to have areas on the tables clearly labelled with the card numbers. It need only be a bit of paper with "Card 20" written on it, then people could match the number with the one on their slip of paper and there might (?) be less pushing and shoving. Whether this would be practical with 600+ images is another matter.

On the whole, apart from a few mishaps, the whole thing went very well. It just needs patience, manners and a sense of humour at all times. Really, SM, you coped remarkably well with Barrowmania :blush:

I don't see what all the fuss was about, if you think it looks too crowded then wait a while before collecting. I always wait until it's time for me to got at the end and that way there's less photos to go though and pretty much no one else there. The only photo with other people around was Eve and there was a queue for her so it wasn't so bad.

Perhaps in the future they could read out the batch number on the ticket you get given over the tannoy system so only a curtain amount of people go up each time to avoid mass crushes?

To bioniccruth: James changes the poses for each shot and you can choose poses as well if you like ie a spike and dru or spike and buffy pose. Didnt quite work out as we planned this time as some very rude people decided to touch james inappropriately resulting in him sitting for his shots and he had hurt his arm as well but we still got some good photos.

As for photo collection as chamer says if you see a q wait till its gone, and you certainly should not be grabbing and ruining other peoples photos. There were to me quite a lot of rude people around this weekend,which isa shame as these events should be fun. I heard about the chaos with johns car too when he left which was crazy and dangerous. There is never a reason to be rude to SM staff either as i have read here they are there to help you not be abused.

Edited by buffy2k

Just a quick question regarding the photos.. Did anyone leave their details and have to pay £2 for postage? I thought this was a bit off as I literally only came to have my photo with James and meet him as I'm not well enough to stay. Seeing as we've already paid £17 or so for the ticket, I would've thought it would be included. I've never had to pay before to get it posted.

With reply to your message. I left my photo with them to be sent on and i had to pay £2. I to thought that this was a bit odd. I am still waiting for my photo today (sat 10th).

:dance:

I heard about the chaos with johns car too when he left which was crazy and dangerous.

Really?? What happened?? :dance:

Oh god yeah. That was terrible, we were all outside taking a break from the hotness when he left. Literally it took him 10 minutes to reverse his car and turn right out of the parking area because people were standing in front of his car just generally being freakish. The man gave his time now leave him alone.

I heard about the chaos with johns car too when he left which was crazy and dangerous.

Oh god yeah. That was terrible, we were all outside taking a break from the hotness when he left. Literally it took him 10 minutes to reverse his car and turn right out of the parking area because people were standing in front of his car just generally being freakish. The man gave his time now leave him alone.

The sad thing is, the guests are all just people themselves, and stuff like that and thousands of screaming girls can be scaring, and in a way threatening, and cos of the idiocy of some people, a guest may not want to come back because of that. They are only human too, yes they act, but not everyone gets the whole pap experience, so they're not used to it- you have to put yourself in their shoes, and think how you would react.

The sad thing is, the guests are all just people themselves, and stuff like that and thousands of screaming girls can be scaring, and in a way threatening, and cos of the idiocy of some people, a guest may not want to come back because of that. They are only human too, yes they act, but not everyone gets the whole pap experience, so they're not used to it- you have to put yourself in their shoes, and think how you would react.

I just felt so bad for him. I've never really seen the whole craziness before as this was my first CM and I was shocked and a bit appalled to be honest. SM go out of their way to organise these events for us and people just abuse it. Plus you're right, there is always the chance they won't want to come back after being nearly attacked by rabid fans.

Thank you for filling me in, I had no idea. I left at 4.30; I'd got my photo and autograph, and had a lovely day. Plus I was skint and knackered! :dance:

I honestly can't get to grips with the mentality of some people. Judging from what you've said, it could have turned quite nasty. Poor JB! :WINCE:

Maybe "big" guests should have a separate parking area if they are driving themselves, or a driver to drop/collect them, or a "minder" at the very least. Too Tall would have been perfect! :P

Thank you for filling me in, I had no idea. I left at 4.30; I'd got my photo and autograph, and had a lovely day. Plus I was skint and knackered! :dance:

I honestly can't get to grips with the mentality of some people. Judging from what you've said, it could have turned quite nasty. Poor JB! :WINCE:

Maybe "big" guests should have a separate parking area if they are driving themselves, or a driver to drop/collect them, or a "minder" at the very least. Too Tall would have been perfect! :P

He had those things! lol Literally his minders were trying to push people back so that John could get out but they weren't moving.

We were just staring open mouthed at the madness.

But I have to say he took it well. First time I've ever seen JB quiet. It was a bit unnerving.

Anyway. Onwards and upwards to the Hub!

Really?? What happened?? :poki:

For the love of God.

Is it me or does it seem there were more exceptionally stupid/selfish people at this con than usual? Even with other big name guests, I haven't heard of them being harrassed in the way people kept trying to with JB.

I just hope the more thoughtless people won't put these celebs off doing future events.

Edited by Princess83

For the love of God.

Is it me or does it seem there were more exceptionally stupid/selfish people at this con than usual? Even with other big name guests, I haven't heard of them being harrassed in the way people kept trying to with JB.

I just hope the more thoughtless people won't put these celebs off doing future events.

Everyone wants a piece of him but they have no respect for him either.

What makes it really stupid is that John's not even a celebrity who's hard to get close to. He's a very prolific guy who likes mixing with his fans, always around somehere and seems happy to sign autographs. If you really want to meet him it's actually pretty easy comapred to other celebs who don't do public appearances much or at all.

Edited by Princess83

Well put! I wonder how many people bothered to say "Thank you" for their autographs? I did - then I told him he was "wonderful"! :poki: Made him smile anyway! :poki:

To bioniccruth: James changes the poses for each shot and you can choose poses as well if you like ie a spike and dru or spike and buffy pose. Didnt quite work out as we planned this time as some very rude people decided to touch james inappropriately resulting in him sitting for his shots and he had hurt his arm as well but we still got some good photos.

See I think that is pretty cool .. the different poses, not the "hands in new places" I did see some great shots over the weekend. My sister in law had a great time on the photo shoot, even with JM's bad arm and her photo came out great!

Glad I asked now, now I know for next time.

Cheers buffy2k!

Well put! I wonder how many people bothered to say "Thank you" for their autographs? I did - then I told him he was "wonderful"! :D Made him smile anyway! :D

And not just for John Barrowman. Surely it is good manners to say thank you when you leave, or is that just for some of the attendees. It is sad as the selfish few could ruin it for others, these "names" may turn showmasters down for future events if they think they were treated like a piece of meat! And fair play to them. No respect for the guests, no respect for the other fans.

All in all I think these people need to learn some manners.

Sad but true, people do not LISTEN when told to move away !!!

Poor JB, he had to put up with being rushed into the bookshop in Cardiff, like a rockstar, when he did a book signing in Feb. :D They even had to call the police to move people away from the front window that was cracked ! Same at some of his concerts, his poor driver Sean was scared for his life at one point, and all because people DON'T LISTEN to what there told :wub: It makes me so mad ;) Yet when he was filming in the early evening, in Cardiff city centre, he stood around and chatted, had his pic taken and signed autos without any hassle what so ever ????? Ooo he even walked his dogs !!

Its curtious to say thanks when everyone who signs a photo for you, even if they're not ! All my CM experiances have been pleasent except one, and i'd seen that same person the CM before !!!

Last weeks was nuts, but well organized, credit to the staff and security. As for the photo shoot pics being given out, same again people don't listen :angry: I have to agree though this time there were some very rude fans at this one !

My photo shoots with JB were funny, i had 3 and 2 and the first time around he didn't know what to do with me !!!! I sort of got under his feet :D But my pics are ok :D

And if i ever get my hands on the person who groped JM....................

Really?? What happened?? :D

For the love of God.

There speaks someone who has never had the 'pleasure' of witnessing the mania surrounding certain Lord of the Rings actors...

Unfortunately there are certain 'stars' who, by making themselves accessible make themselves targets of the full blown nut jobs. The loonies think they really know them, then get very vicious if someone else 'gets in their way'. I personally like the idea of force feeding all attendees of cons, concerts, signings etc Prozac :D

I think those who were misbehaving were the kind who wouldn't normally go to a convention or were just general shoppers that got caught up in the madness when they learned a "star" like JB was in the building.

I like to think most regular convention go-ers behave much better than some of the examples we've been reading about.

There were issues with people being rude when Heroes cast members were at LFCC last year. You could tell that a lot of them either didn't know or didn't care about any kind of convention etiquette and had just come to see the headliners because they wanted to be close to some trendy A-list celebrities. This type of con-goer acts like they should get first priority at all times, that they are above the rules that the rest of us are trying to respect, and that no one else is worth a damn. They're the ones who can make a con feel like a meat market.

It's the price we pay for getting such high quality and popular guests, sadly.

Edited by Princess83