Photo shoot tickets.

Tina

I was just wondering if there was a limit to photo shoot tickets that were being sold? Only Johns ran over which made James photo shoot late which then made Eve Myles one late. When we were waiting for Eve Myles photo shoot it was already 3.00pm and there were still people joining James que for photos. There must be a cut off point at some stage. This was the first Collectormainia I've attended and was just suprised by the sheer volume of people with photo tickets as I thought there was a certain number sold and then that was it. Being that Collectormainia as been going for a while I'd have thought that the organisers would know how many people they can get through with out running so over time even with popular guests. Stewards that I asked about where to collect the photos from had no idea and then there was a scrum to get them. At one point because it got so bad when collecting James photo we were all told to que outside (unfortuantely started to have a bit of rain then).

One steward was a bit rude to my mum while waitng to have her photo done with John becasue she still had her hand bag with her and she went to hold it in her hand and was told by the steward she wasn't allowed to do that and that thats why they had the bag collection points. It was her tone that was rude and my mum didn't want to leave her handbag at the collection point. Also when it was my turn she told me to go to John who at the time was still talking to the previous person who had his photo done so I felt that my time with John was short and should of waited for John to have been ready.

At the end of the day because it was getting near the time to leave for my coach and I had yet to collect Eve's photo I aske what should I do it I need to go before it's ready and was told by a steward that I needed to fill in a form which she had no idea where they were and when she asked another steward she had no idea either.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick question regarding the photos.. Did anyone leave their details and have to pay £2 for postage? I thought this was a bit off as I literally only came to have my photo with James and meet him as I'm not well enough to stay. Seeing as we've already paid £17 or so for the ticket, I would've thought it would be included. I've never had to pay before to get it posted.

Just a quick question regarding the photos.. Did anyone leave their details and have to pay £2 for postage? I thought this was a bit off as I literally only came to have my photo with James and meet him as I'm not well enough to stay. Seeing as we've already paid £17 or so for the ticket, I would've thought it would be included. I've never had to pay before to get it posted.

I also had to go home on Sunday straight after the Eve shoot and had to leave £2 for postage and although I was taken by surprise being asked for more money, I had to pay otherwise I wouldnt have had the photo

I had to leave before my James photo was back and had to pay the £2, and I wasnt that happy about it either. We've never had to do it before, and there was no 'official' information about having to pay for it, only one crewmember who was sitting in the area where we were filling in the forms. If I'd refused, does that mean I'd never get to see my pic? I was made to feel that way.

As for the shoots over-running. I was in the first group for John's photos and it started late, which ends up having a domino effect on all the shoots after.

Also, I was told on the Saturday that since a new developing shop was being used this time because of the problems in the past, that photos were coming back much quicker. Why then were John's photos only back at 3.30 when the first lot of photos were taken between 11-11.30am?

I dont even know what to say about the mess that was John's photo collection. I'm lucky that I eventually found my photo, but it was at least 3 people deep, with people refusing to move out of the way, and there was no way to find your pic like that. I saw the poor crew inside trying to scan the crowd to spot the people in the photos they were holding to give them out.

I wasn't happy at all at being asked to pay postage to get my picture when I'd already paid the £17 fee to have it taken, but what can we do? Apparently it's the way of things. At least I'll be less shocked if it's expected of me again next time.

The only thing that bothered me was the organisation in getting my John photoshoot. For james & eve i noticed a queue thing taking place that was much more organised and allowed me to find my picture right away. And also, even where there were gaps on the table, new photos didnt seem to be being put out for john, so i had to go away and came back alot later and my photo still wasnt out and there were random piles of them. But im just supposing that no one expected the massive rush for them.

Other than that, great day :)

The photo 'dishing out' was ridiculous, we were told half an hour, then two hours then three hours, we got them 4 hours after we had them taken, it was insane, totally unorganised with the James photos, I was shocked to see them being printed at Boots, or that's what it says on the back of them!

All fun and games!

Oh give the crew a break :wub:

The saturday and sunday shoots were heaving, there was a huge rush on the image collection, and they hardly had time to get the photos out before the owners wanted to collect. They hardly had time to replace those that were collected with new ones, before others wanted theirs. And you also have to remember that some of the photos got scratched when printing, so they had to be reprinted which took time. And if you didntwant yours as soon as they were out,you wouldnt have to come back. I waited a while before collecting mine, so the rush wasnt as bad, and i found them straight away.

Patience is key at these events.

As for you saying your surprised to see them being printed at boots, where did you think they got them done? Did you think they had their own printing booth or summat?

Edited by isawien

I thought it was a bit harsh for them to charge an extra 2 pound for them to send the pictures to people

It was a nasty shock. I know £2 doesn't sound like anything to get worked up about but these events can be really expensive to attend...every single penny adds up.

I thought it was a stroke of genius to use Boots for the photo processing. I get my own photos printed at my local Boots (I'm a keen amateur photographer) and the quality/colour are always excellent.

I was at the distribution table when some of John's photos came back, and I spotted my photo in the Crew member's hand, so I shouted "That's me!" and he handed the photo straight to me in return for the little slip of paper.

I'm sorry some of you had a long wait, but the final photo is absolutely worth it. :thumbup:

• Moderators

As for you saying your surprised to see them being printed at boots, where did you think they got them done? Did you think they had their own printing booth or summat?

Yeah I was just wondering the same thing :headscratch:

To be honest I don't think it matters where they get printed as long as they DO, as quickly and efficiently as they can with a decent quality .. which as far as I was concerned they were.

they used to have them printed at jessops, but i think i overheard a few shows back that they had gotten a better deal with boots XD

i feel sorry for the staff in there lol as you get a crew member go in there demanding a few hundred pictures, and they drop everything to do them before the publics ones XD or at least that is what happened at jessops, you could go right to the front of the que and hand over the film and they would start on them right away to get them done

Well... I have a little "complaint" about the Photo Shoot tickets...

Or maybe it really isn't a complaint... but anyway...

I was finally able to go to the post office to collect my John Barrowman tickets today (I arrived home 3 a.m. Wed morning and slept most of yesterday). Imagine my surprise when I saw what was stamped on the envelope:

MISSENT TO TAMPA, FL

(for clarification: I live in Tampere, Finland)

I also found out that the tickets had finally arrived in Finland on the 5th!!! (we don't have Bank Holiday that day)

What I don't understand is how on earth did the people @ Royal Mail send the letter to the US??? The address is clearly written on the envelope...

-mts.tyra, the one who has nice mementos now...

It was certainly chaos trying to collect my photo with John Barrowman from that table, I agree! As far as where the pics are printed, I don't see that it matters either, whether they were developed at Boots, Jessops or anywhere else, as long as they're all good quality, and imo they were. I love my pic with John! :)

Edited by spaceygal

So is showmasters going to comment on the £2 we had to pay postage? It seems a bit ridiculous really.

So you want them to pay for it out of their own pocket ? The cost of the photoshoot is for the photo after all.

Now common practice at other events is that if you miss getting your photo back for whatever reason there

are two options.

1)Pay them to post it onto you.

2)Or let the organisers hold onto it until you are at their next event & pick it up then.

With the second option there is the possibility that the photo could get lost, someone forgets to bring it to

the next event or you aren't going to another event for a while.

So perhaps paying to get it posted is the easier ( & quicker ) option.

What I don't understand is how on earth did the people @ Royal Mail send the letter to the US??? The address is clearly written on the envelope...

It's not only Royal Mail.

US Mail has managed to missent a package addressed to me to Hungary. I live in Germany.

At least Royal Mail found a place with some kind of similarity for your address. :D

I was quite happy with the way the photo shoot

and collection worked out. My only moan is that

my John Barrowman pic was covered in sticky

finger prints. Apart from that I was pleased

with the end result.

The only time I have got a photo posted to me for free was because the organisers (other event) had promised to have them back before the end of the weekend, and didn't.

I have had 3 photos ent to me by Showmasters in the past and have never been asked for postage costs until last week.

As a member of crew on the photoshoot team and distribution on the sunday i feel it's my job to have my say.

Firstly, The collection of Johns photos. From the beginning of the day ALL attendees were informed photo distribution would not begin until 3pm as at such a time we would have sufficient spare crew to handle it.

Secondly, When we arrived to begin distribution of John's photos myself and my crew mates struggled to get to the tables outside of the End Coffee Bar. When we finally managed it, I politely asked EVERYONE to take a few steps back from the tables so we could lay the photos out correctly AND in batch order..Everyone around that table must have shuffled no more than 2 inches !!

It took ONE impatient person to grab at their photo BEFORE everyones was out to start the mass chaos that began shortly after. From that point, all pictures were mixed up with hands grabbing here, there and everywhere, so if you had to wait a while to get your picture, I apologise now. Blame the impatient ones.

Finally, When Eve's pics were ready we made the decision to queue everybody down the side of The End, sending a few at a time to collect their pictures. This worked smoothly and concluded very quickly much to our delight. Before anyone else asks.. I was NOT involved in the distribution of James' photos or any that took place in Photo Area B.

Slighty off topic but i think i have a slight moan myself and that is the Gold Pass holders who came for photo shoots.. Please note, a Gold Pass allows you entry into the queue NEAR to the front, not the VERY front .. Like some rather rude attendee who threw her wrist into my face which had her Pass attached to..declaring " GOLD PASS HOLDER, STRAIGHT TO FRONT OF QUEUE" Further more, I apologise to the other attendees who were pushed unceremoniously out of the way as she barged to the front. Rather than cause a scene during the busy ongoing shoot, I allowed her to continue. But please be aware If you purchase a Gold Pass at future events... you will be placed into the queue NEAR the front. you are NOT entitled to be at the head of it.

Rant Over, other than that, it was a great weekend.

Andy.

Edited by DisneyDude78

As a member of crew on the photoshoot team and distribution on the sunday i feel it's my job to have my say.

Firstly, The collection of Johns photos. From the beginning of the day ALL attendees were informed photo distribution would not begin until 3pm as at such a time we would have sufficient spare crew to handle it.

Secondly, When we arrived to begin distribution of John's photos myself and my crew mates struggled to get to the tables outside of the End Coffee Bar. When we finally managed it, I politely asked EVERYONE to take a few steps back from the tables so we could lay the photos out correctly AND in batch order..Everyone around that table must have shuffled no more than 2 inches !!

It took ONE impatient person to grab at their photo BEFORE everyones was out to start the mass chaos that began shortly after. From that point, all pictures were mixed up with hands grabbing here, there and everywhere, so if you had to wait a while to get your picture, I apologise now. Blame the impatient ones.

Finally, When Eve's pics were ready we made the decision to queue everybody down the side of The End, sending a few at a time to collect their pictures. This worked smoothly and concluded very quickly much to our delight. Before anyone else asks.. I was NOT involved in the distribution of James' photos or any that took place in Photo Area B.

Slighty off topic but i think i have a slight moan myself and that is the Gold Pass holders who came for photo shoots.. Please note, a Gold Pass allows you entry into the queue NEAR to the front, not the VERY front .. Like some rather rude attendee who threw her wrist into my face which had her Pass attached to..declaring " GOLD PASS HOLDER, STRAIGHT TO FRONT OF QUEUE" Further more, I apologise to the other attendees who were pushed unceremoniously out of the way as she barged to the front. Rather than cause a scene during the busy ongoing shoot, I allowed her to continue. But please be aware If you purchase a Gold Pass at future events... you will be placed into the queue NEAR the front. you are NOT entitled to be at the head of it.

Andy.

I have to say I think most of C13's problems came from people with no manners, those who felt the rules did not apply to them because they were clearly more important than anyone else. Sad fact is that it is the same all over now but I could tell that most of the offenders were the uninitiated. People who were either casual shoppers or had heard about the event thru fans clubs etc. Not all of them but some. I am not tarring everyone with the same brush here.

You get to spot the hard-core marters pretty quickly and we are a pretty civilised bunch I reckon.

Personally my photo shoot was a lovely experience and the crew were very professional as was the photographer. Collecting my photo was a breeze but maybe that is because it was a smaller crowd.

It makes me so angry when the minority ruin it for everyone else.

One other question, and it is not a dig but I am curious .. I noticed in the queue for JM etc, there were people with three or four photo tickets. Fair play to you but what did you get for your money. Did James strike three or four different poses? Did you get three or four copies of the same shot? I was just wondering, cos I just scanned my one shot and use it for all sorts of things now. Were multiple tickets for group shots or something :YAHOO:

Andy.

sounds wonderful :YAHOO: