Feedback/suggestions following C13

gobo1979uk

With reference to the people outside the window peering in .. let me tell you. They felt they were within their rights and it was very amusing. My brother and I had gone to stand out there for two reasons, Firstly I needed a nicotine fix ( a dirty filthy habit I know) and secondly we were under instruction from our respective "others" to help choose a photo from the table. There were people out there swearing profusily cos they couldn't get a clear shot of JB, and the glare of the windows was reflecting the flash. I heard one woman say it was riduculous that it was blocked of as she couldn't see him! I almost told her that was the point and to get in there, spend £20 ... join the back of a huge queue of people dedicated enought to have been queuing for hours and THEN try and complain... but I didn't ... cos she looked scary and I didn't want a black eye!

Yeah that bugged me aswell, being told to move by people through the window.....safe to say that I did move, but the other way to make sure that the only shot they would get was of my back!! :D

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With reference to the people outside the window peering in .. let me tell you. They felt they were within their rights and it was very amusing. My brother and I had gone to stand out there for two reasons, Firstly I needed a nicotine fix ( a dirty filthy habit I know) and secondly we were under instruction from our respective "others" to help choose a photo from the table. There were people out there swearing profusily cos they couldn't get a clear shot of JB, and the glare of the windows was reflecting the flash. I heard one woman say it was riduculous that it was blocked of as she couldn't see him! I almost told her that was the point and to get in there, spend £20 ... join the back of a huge queue of people dedicated enought to have been queuing for hours and THEN try and complain... but I didn't ... cos she looked scary and I didn't want a black eye!

Yeah that bugged me aswell, being told to move by people through the window.....safe to say that I did move, but the other way to make sure that the only shot they would get was of my back!! :smile:

I did that too! I went to Eves Q when John was at his photo shoot as I had been one of the first in and there were all these people in the window and I was looking at the signs saying no pictures and my thought was "If I can't have one neither can you" and took a big step to the right, and as I'm not exactly the smallest person in the world (and proud of it) they saw NOTHING until I'd gone. lol :o he he

I did that too! I went to Eves Q when John was at his photo shoot as I had been one of the first in and there were all these people in the window and I was looking at the signs saying no pictures and my thought was "If I can't have one neither can you" and took a big step to the right, and as I'm not exactly the smallest person in the world (and proud of it) they saw NOTHING until I'd gone. lol :D he he

Fantastic, Nixter! :poki: I hate people like that who think they can get something for nothing, or just try and push their luck with the rules when the rest of us are good and follow them properly. Really winds me up and is one of the negative things about big cons like CM.

I was a bit annoyed about the colour system for photoshoots. Let me explain, i had something planned for around 11.45. and had worked out that i altho james photo shoot would go on past 12, that if i made sure i got in the que early, i would easily do it! So imagine how i felt when my plan went wrong as i found out i was green, which ment 3rd out of 4. ques starting at 11.30. This put a spanner in the works.

I think the system was a great system, worked much much much better then c11. So thumbs up to the system, but a warning would have been apprciated! (Unless it was spoke about and i missed it??)

Also i bought my photo shoot ticket quite early, was i really 3 out of 4? Or was the order just made up?

I did that too! I went to Eves Q when John was at his photo shoot as I had been one of the first in and there were all these people in the window and I was looking at the signs saying no pictures and my thought was "If I can't have one neither can you" and took a big step to the right, and as I'm not exactly the smallest person in the world (and proud of it) they saw NOTHING until I'd gone. lol :( he he

Fantastic, Nixter! :D I hate people like that who think they can get something for nothing, or just try and push their luck with the rules when the rest of us are good and follow them properly. Really winds me up and is one of the negative things about big cons like CM.

I think that is really unfair to say. I stood at the window for about 30 seconds but this was only because:

a) because of coach delays I was too late to get a ticket so I gave up

;) I just wanted to see what JB looked like

c) and I honestly didn't think anyone would mind

I definately did NOT tell anyone to move out of the way, I just stood there for about half a minute and moved on. I didn't realise it would bother anyone.

I didn't take any pictures (how the hell do you take a picture through a window, it wasn't like I could see him anyway) and as far as I know, it wasn't breaking any rules.

So what's the problem?

But, I'm very sorry to all those whose experience was hampered by the dreadful selfishness of some of these window-peekers, I'm sure they didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Next time just leave your place in the queue, run round the building and chase them away with firehoses and dogs. That should teach them a lesson.

:)

I always enjoy Collectormania. I love visiting Milton Keynes and visiting the MK Centre has so many memories.

Party was good, stage could have been larger though, would have made it easier to see (and some of the traditional conventions tunes were missing :P)

But all in all I had great time. Meeting James Marsters again was the highlight.

I did that too! I went to Eves Q when John was at his photo shoot as I had been one of the first in and there were all these people in the window and I was looking at the signs saying no pictures and my thought was "If I can't have one neither can you" and took a big step to the right, and as I'm not exactly the smallest person in the world (and proud of it) they saw NOTHING until I'd gone. lol :P he he

Fantastic, Nixter! :D I hate people like that who think they can get something for nothing, or just try and push their luck with the rules when the rest of us are good and follow them properly. Really winds me up and is one of the negative things about big cons like CM.

I think that is really unfair to say. I stood at the window for about 30 seconds but this was only because:

:D I just wanted to see what JB looked like

I definately did NOT tell anyone to move out of the way, I just stood there for about half a minute and moved on. I didn't realise it would bother anyone.

I didn't take any pictures (how the hell do you take a picture through a window, it wasn't like I could see him anyway) and as far as I know, it wasn't breaking any rules.

So what's the problem?

But, I'm very sorry to all those whose experience was hampered by the dreadful selfishness of some of these window-peekers, I'm sure they didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Next time just leave your place in the queue, run round the building and chase them away with firehoses and dogs. That should teach them a lesson.

The trouble is, for all the onlookers that do behave, there are more who are just obnoxious about it, won't move when they're told to etc. Those are the types I was reffering to.

I did that too! I went to Eves Q when John was at his photo shoot as I had been one of the first in and there were all these people in the window and I was looking at the signs saying no pictures and my thought was "If I can't have one neither can you" and took a big step to the right, and as I'm not exactly the smallest person in the world (and proud of it) they saw NOTHING until I'd gone. lol :thumbup: he he

B) I just wanted to see what JB looked like

So what's the problem?

The trouble is, for all the onlookers that do behave, there are more who are just obnoxious about it, won't move when they're told to etc. Those are the types I was reffering to.

Yep, me to.....you sound like you were one of the well behaved ones but there were a lot of others who were just annoying!! :D

Fantastic, Nixter! B) I hate people like that who think they can get something for nothing, or just try and push their luck with the rules when the rest of us are good and follow them properly. Really winds me up and is one of the negative things about big cons like CM.

:thumbup: I just wanted to see what JB looked like

So what's the problem?

What people have to realise, as Alex has pointed out, is that it is not alwayas possible to get there at 6am in the morning, for whatever reason, the earliest I managed to get there was 11:30. What chance of meeting JB or EM none at all.

Yes I managed to see JB on his way back from his photoshoot, and saw Eve as she went for her photo shoot, yes I even took a photo of them, although Eve did walk through the Centre with her head down being lead by the hand like as if she was a Police suspect being taken in to custody.

I have never asked any body to move or made gestures to anyone, and no I am not a freeloader if I thought for one minute that I could have met them then I would have paid.

You also have to take into account all the flyers that had been put around the Centre "Come and Meet these stars".

I suppose form Nixter's and Princess' point of view that they shoul dclose the MK Centre and black out all the windows because they are lucky enough to be able to get there for 6am in the morning.

I don't think I said that, so please don't put words in my mouth. I was clearly talking about the members of public who do NOT behave, the kind who refuse to move away when they're asked and generally behave obnoxiously. Believe me, there were a lot of these types on Sunday. I witnessed too many rude people refusing flatly to move when asked by the crew.

I did that too! I went to Eves Q when John was at his photo shoot as I had been one of the first in and there were all these people in the window and I was looking at the signs saying no pictures and my thought was "If I can't have one neither can you" and took a big step to the right, and as I'm not exactly the smallest person in the world (and proud of it) they saw NOTHING until I'd gone. lol :thumbup: he he

:D I just wanted to see what JB looked like

So what's the problem?

polarising filter :D:D:D sorry!! B)

We had someone getting at my daughter for standing in the way of their photo when we were meeting Hattie. We were talking to Hattie and they tried to push Sarah, aged 8 out of their way so that they could take their pictures. Obviously they hadnt paid as they were standing where the queue went out so I stood behind Sarah so they'd leave her alone. They didnt try push me, I am not a small person.

I don't think I said that, so please don't put words in my mouth. I was clearly talking about the members of public who do NOT behave, the kind who refuse to move away when they're asked and generally behave obnoxiously. Believe me, there were a lot of these types on Sunday. I witnessed too many rude people refusing flatly to move when asked by the crew.

I agree with that. If you were on this side of the window looking at the people outside pushing at each other, glaring and waving fists at each other while they climb over each other trying to get a photo, you may have done the same thing, it was like watching wild animals scrambling for a scrap. i have no problem with people having a look, quick photo and move on it's the ones that stay there and make everyone else suffer that really annoy me. You sound like you were one of the few sensible people that were there at the window (the one I didn't see). lol

What people have to realise, as Alex has pointed out, is that it is not alwayas possible to get there at 6am in the morning, for whatever reason, the earliest I managed to get there was 11:30. What chance of meeting JB or EM none at all.

That's a shame, as I heard that John went to an open queue for 10-15 minutes at the end of the day.

We had someone getting at my daughter for standing in the way of their photo when we were meeting Hattie. We were talking to Hattie and they tried to push Sarah, aged 8 out of their way so that they could take their pictures. Obviously they hadnt paid as they were standing where the queue went out so I stood behind Sarah so they'd leave her alone. They didnt try push me, I am not a small person.

good on you!! if someone stands in front of me while im taking a photo i have the decency to say excuse me...doesnt hurt!!

so good on you for standing in front of this ignorant idiot! :unsure::clap:

I think the system was a great system, worked much much much better then c11. So thumbs up to the system, but a warning would have been apprciated! (Unless it was spoke about and i missed it??)

I think this is a very valid point! One of the problems that we experienced this weekend was people hanging around places, waiting to be called, even though their VQ ticket number was miles (and miles and miles) off. This caused a lot of congestion. The idea of the ticket is that you can go do other stuff and then come back later.

I think the communication could have been a lot better (please note that I'm not having a pop at the crew, who did a great job, especially on Sunday), but I think it's an area that could be significantly improved, both before and during an event. If the communication was better, maybe people would have more confidence in the VQ system (which works well in principle) and trust not to miss their slot if they go walkabout in the centre.

Yes, I was a bit puzzled as to why there was a big long queue of people waiting to see John when they had virtual tickets, however i found out why.

I had ticket no 400 and when I checked at the information desk to see if it was worth me purchasing some "virtual money" with my credit card to get his autograph, they said with no 400 I would be definitely be able to see John, but I MUST keep a close eye on the virtual queue numbers, as we could miss our slot.

We went for lunch at the other end of the shopping centre when 220 was on the board, but found it to be on 500 when we came back (the queue moved very fast!) so we were straight in and met him.

I suggest that instead of wipe on boards at each queue, an electric sign suspended above the stalls in Middleton Hall could be the answer, listing each guest with the current (up to date) ticket number visible. That way you don't have to work your way through busy crowds to check your numbers. An alternative is a frequent tannoy announcement listing the numbers, but I think something needs to be done to inform people of the numbers.

just one suggestion regarding photo shoots, can Showmasters put up a large sign saying inappropriate touching/groping of the guests would not be tolerated and people will be removed and/or prosecuted. This happened to James both days and it wasnt until the end of the shoots when he had to sit down that the situation was rectified. It was very awkward for both him and us fans who do have more respect. Its possible this may happen to other guests so for the idiots who try it they should be warned.

I suggest that instead of wipe on boards at each queue, an electric sign suspended above the stalls in Middleton Hall could be the answer, listing each guest with the current (up to date) ticket number visible. That way you don't have to work your way through busy crowds to check your numbers. An alternative is a frequent tannoy announcement listing the numbers, but I think something needs to be done to inform people of the numbers.

I'm not sure how much an electronic sign will cost exactly, but I guess it would be really expensive.

And the tannoy announcements are rather hard to be heard.

But there were whiteboards with the numbers having been called at the side of the dealers area. :headscratch: They are updated frequently by some very nice people who constantly run around.

just one suggestion regarding photo shoots, can Showmasters put up a large sign saying inappropriate touching/groping of the guests would not be tolerated and people will be removed and/or prosecuted. This happened to James both days and it wasnt until the end of the shoots when he had to sit down that the situation was rectified. It was very awkward for both him and us fans who do have more respect. Its possible this may happen to other guests so for the idiots who try it they should be warned.

Seriously??!! What happened? Poor James!

they said with no 400 I would be definitely be able to see John, but I MUST keep a close eye on the virtual queue numbers, as we could miss our slot.

How can you miss your slot? The numbers are always "1 to XXX". As long as your number is below the high number, you can go into the queue at any time, surely?

surely he would have said after the 1st day??????

He seemed so happy in the photoshoots i mean im not that way i feel i need to touch him :headscratch:

June whitfield didnt mind.... ;):D

seriously tho.......if it was that bad ,should have been stated from day one and then on the second day the new method of no man handling could have come into force!!

Edited by gidda1974

I agree with that. If you were on this side of the window looking at the people outside pushing at each other, glaring and waving fists at each other while they climb over each other trying to get a photo, you may have done the same thing, it was like watching wild animals scrambling for a scrap. i have no problem with people having a look, quick photo and move on it's the ones that stay there and make everyone else suffer that really annoy me. You sound like you were one of the few sensible people that were there at the window (the one I didn't see). lol

Oh, I wasn't at the window. I was inside all morning for JB, first for the autograph and then for the photoshoot, so I got to see some of the worst examples of the badly behaved onlookers. Without wanting to stereotype, the young girls seemed to be the worst for it. Some gave a lot of attitude when they were politely asked to shift it.

Edited by Princess83

surely he would have said after the 1st day??????

He seemed so happy in the photoshoots i mean im not that way i feel i need to touch him :headscratch:

June whitfield didnt mind.... ;):D

seriously tho.......if it was that bad ,should have been stated from day one and then on the second day the new method of no man handling could have come into force!!

-----------------------------------

It was picked up from halfway thru saturday and james sat down for his photos to stop it, but still these rude people think its acceptable and it happened again on sunday. All the regular fans who see James and had followed him all week were all asking what he was comfortable with when they went in for their photos from then on. There was also a security guard stood by him on sunday and monday for this reason and the SM crew were telling people as they went through as well. Its just not on you'd be prosecuted if this happened in the streets. there should be a great sign up and these people should be removed from the event permanently as it spoils it for the real fans and james and his team, he is a very friendly guy but there is a line which some people dont seem to comprehend.

Edited by buffy2k