Connor Trinneer

Sal

As always, Connor was friendly, approachable and had time for everybody. Loved it when I got to his table and there was a hand-written note saying "Yes - you can have a photo!" Great guy!

I've met him 3 times now and each time I'm more impressed. He always seems happy to chat for a few minutes and has a wonderful knack of making you feel special. As Trip might say, he's a perfect getleman.

Wanted to meet him today, but it seemed he had decided to leave a day early. :poki:

No sign of any warnings he would not be there, or info when I got there that he was not there. Shame, as he was one of the few I wanted (and I could only make today). Is it not part of a contract that guets should attend the full duration they are advertised for?

It's one thing to not be there, but the lack of any warning/info was annoying.

I don't think it was Connor's decision; he had to fly back to Bulgaria to catch his flight home to LA.

But I agree it should have been mentioned on the board for those planning on attending Monday.

Wanted to meet him today, but it seemed he had decided to leave a day early. :poki:

No sign of any warnings he would not be there, or info when I got there that he was not there. Shame, as he was one of the few I wanted (and I could only make today). Is it not part of a contract that guets should attend the full duration they are advertised for?

I don't think it was Connor's decision; he had to fly back to Bulgaria to catch his flight home to LA.

But I agree it should have been mentioned on the board for those planning on attending Monday.

Wanted to meet him today, but it seemed he had decided to leave a day early. :D

Thanks for that explanation, more than I found beforehand. I checked the forums before setting out this morning, and last night so even 5 minutes to update people would have helped. Just pleased I didn't go out and buy anything specially to get signed. :)

Connor is lovely, i was guest assisting with him on sunday (with the handwritten sign....which the idea for which we stole off teryl next to us). The reason he left early was that that was the only flights he could get back to the states and he'd been away from home for about 6 weeks and was missing his family

Is it not part of a contract that guets should attend the full duration they are advertised for?

Agree it should have been announced that he wasn't there.

All aspects of the contract are "subject to work committments" though, which means they can change days whenever they like.

Is it not part of a contract that guets should attend the full duration they are advertised for?

Agree it should have been announced that he wasn't there.

All aspects of the contract are "subject to work committments" though, which means they can change days whenever they like.

I'm a veteran of these type of events, so I've got no problem with the "subject to work" clauses. Although normally these occur prior to the event, rather than during it. It was mostly annoyance that no-one from SM could have posted this fact on the boards Sunday night, as presumably they knew he had chosen to leave early. Especially since it seems a personal decision, rather than a "work" decision.

Edited by ragnarmorkai