What a disappointment (Eva Myles and John Barrowman)

mariamaria

You may not live to win people over but there's no need to be insulting about a guest. Since you have no interest in the event itself and just tag along for the ride, you clearly have no idea on how this works.

If you want a photo with the guest, buy a photo ticket. As for personalizations, yeah they're nice but not always practical when you have little under 7 hours (maybe less), 1500 autographs not to mention lunch and a photoshoot to do. Priority is to get everyone through to at least get an autograph.

You can't please everyone all the time. But if everyone who wants an autograph walks away from the event with one, you're halfway there.

Yeah well said, and another thing thats horrid about your comments BlissfulMaria is that you said this;

Right, time to stop whining :wub:

Come on people, tell me off now! :wub:

It's like you find it funny, well it isn't. Offending an actor or actress isn't a nice thing to do. It's certainly not Blissful, Maria.

Edited by Doctor Who

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend and I got there at about 9.15am and when we eventually go to get the tickets we were in the mid 500's for John and mid 400's for Eve. It wasn't until around 4pm that we got to meet both of them, which was fair enough and gave loads of time for other things. We managed to get photoshoots with John, James and Eve as well as autographs from Ian Whyte, Lea Thompson and Dave Prowse who were all lovely. as well as them, we'd seen James Marsters, June Whitfield, Lesley Phillips, Tawny Cypress, Santiago Cabrera and Colin Baker on the Saturday. When I finally managed to join Johns queue I was surprized at how busy it still was. John was lovely to talk to and answered all the questions I asked him happily, as did Eve, who told me she was shocked at the amount of people coming to see her, but the smile never left her face, or Johns. All the guests were lovely people in my opinion.

On a personal note, I also go to movie premiers from time to time and they don't personalize there, the point is actually meeting the person you're going to see and having the autograph for your collections, I tend to see personalization's as a bonus rather than part of the package

Also, I think that anyone who can write a post like the first one of this thread can't have gone to that many collectormanias or they'd have known that it can get like this with the more popular guests.

Edited by Charmer

oh heck, while we are bantering about it they are laughing all the way to the bank! Don't take life so serious guys, definitely :uhoh: don't take me seriously, surely there is more to life?

You're the one who started the thread, writing reams about your disappointment with these two people, who ultimately are laughing all the way to the bank... surely there was more to life than writing it?

oh heck, while we are bantering about it they are laughing all the way to the bank! Don't take life so serious guys, definitely :uhoh: don't take me seriously, surely there is more to life?

I really dislike people who post spiteful threads and then tell those getting upset to lighten up.

Good grief what kind of reaction were you expecting? You're being very troll-like.

Haha you mean Eve. Well I met both not a huge fan of John but he seemed nice enough (and even did some sly pics but keep that on the down low haha) didn't personalize but he had 100's of people. I met eve she personalized mine talked to me even stroked my arm and called me sweetie :D so I saw her again at photoshoot hope to see her again :wub:

Well, I am not sure what planet some people were on, but Eve was wonderful and personalised put her character name etc, John also personalised, and he allowed photos, but not posed one I know I took one for the lady in front of me. Posed ones take forever, and there were photo shoots for that. Get real people!

Right.

Firstly, I was the big fella in the shades at the front of Eve's queue (just so you know that I know what I'm talking about).

Eve, far from being uppity or "up herself" was far and away one of the most down to earth and approachable guests I've ever had the pleasure of working with - she was fun, funny and genuinely glad to meet her fans.

Secondly - the no photos rule.

You may think that it only takes a few seconds to grab the picture you want, whilst the guest is signing - but it does *not* work like that.

I've worked at almost every Collectormania since 3, plus all the LFACC's and other events too - mostly working in the same position on the larger queues.

I have seen literally tens of thousands of fans taking photographs of guests - both posed and whilst the guest has been signing.

Even "quick snaps" can take 10 or 15 seconds out of the day, as there are fans (and I'm sure that no-one here is like this) that will harass and harangue the guest into looking up into the camera at the right moment - only to find that they then have to...

Wait for the flash to charge,

hold the button halfway down to focus the image,

frame it right and finally take it.

"Oh, sorry, it didn't come out, hang on..."

This has happened in front of me with a guest who has a No Posed Photo's policy.

Now, I'm not saying that everyone is going to do that by any stretch, but can you see that allowing even just a quick snap whilst they're signing (including the standard "Look up here guest x") will take precious seconds out of the day.

Sure, what's a few seconds here and there?

A few seconds here and there throughout the day can be up to 100 people (yes, I'm being serious) who go home dissapointed.

Now, let's say that those people set off very early that morning to get there early for the tickets but got held up in roadworks...

Let's say that you were one of those people.

How would *you* feel now, about purely having the chance to get the autograph, a smile and a hello, versus the other times when you feel hard done by?

As far as getting the photograph with the guest being a highlight of the day - I appreciate that it can be.

If it's *that* important to you, go and buy an official photoshoot ticket.

That's what they're there for after all.

Whilst I'm here though, I'd like to thank all but a very very small minority of the attendees who I met in Eve's queue yesterday, thank you all for having the good grace to appreciate the situation we were all in, and make my potentially terrible day that much easier :)

Brendon.

:dance: Guys! If you can't see it was all done in tongue in cheek then I think you are all in need of a humour bypass.

It was a blast while it lasted but people please it's getting boring now!

Checking out :poki:

P.s I'm sure there is an anorak shop near by!

There probably is, though in a bid to establish my nerd credentials, please consider the following question:

If Ignorance is Bliss, and Maria is Blissfull, does that mean that Maria is full of Ignorance?

I thought both Eve and John were ace - Eve seemed really chuffed to meet you and John took the trouble to say (and sound as if he meant it) 'thanks for coming' to each person on the photo shoot. I knew it would be chaotic and I think they were both lovely.

Right.

Firstly, I was the big fella in the shades at the front of Eve's queue (just so you know that I know what I'm talking about).

Whilst I'm here though, I'd like to thank all but a very very small minority of the attendees who I met in Eve's queue yesterday, thank you all for having the good grace to appreciate the situation we were all in, and make my potentially terrible day that much easier :)

Brendon.

Brendon, I think I know who you were and you did a great job. Also, loved the shades! :)

And yes, Eve was absolutely lovely! Would love to meet her again.

There probably is, though in a bid to establish my nerd credentials, please consider the following question:

If Ignorance is Bliss, and Maria is Blissfull, does that mean that Maria is full of Ignorance?

Most definitely does.

Kip

Soooooo we set off all excited at the prospect of meeting Eva Myles and John Barrowman amoungst others. I have been to many of these so I know what to expect. What I was suprised about was the fact that we had to wait and wait and wait and Eva wasn't even there yet! Finally as she arrived and our time approached we noticed the "no pictures or filming allowed, then even worse neiter Eva nor John would personalise the autographs, what's up with that, can't they spell? I felt it was rushed and was unable to have much of a memory of it which is a shame seeing as we had to travel up to get to MK in the first place.

It came across that both eva and John are so far up their backsides that us little people aren't worth the time (and please don't say they were told they couldn't have pictures taken ect because of lack of time because I believe that they have a say!) .

It seems that some people got virtual tickets where as we were told it was an open que which I imagined made some people not very happy!

Thhis event just seems to get worse and worse, don't think I will go back again, no matter who is there!

One the other hand Twany cypress, Linda Blair, Nancy Allen were wonderful, lots of time for us, pictures, personalise autograph! Great stuff!

Right, time to stop whining :YAHOO:

Come on people, tell me off now! :poki:

Sorry to disapoint but John was personaling, mine are but that might because i was number 2 on tickets for him (well I did que up from 5am sunday morning) and i got loads of pics of him & Eve, he never did a posed one but then I had a photo shoot with him so wasnt bothered.

Sad troll, or someone who doesn't have the courage of their convictions? Either way, goodbye, and don't expect further whinges to get taken seriously.

oldnick ..where you one of the crew members on saturday?