What a disappointment (Eva Myles and John Barrowman)

mariamaria

Just a note on the guests not having a say in how their line is handled.

I believe Sean Astin actually tore down a no posed photo's sign as he didn't agree with it. So guests do seem to have some say. With regards to John Barrowman's signs, I think that he would have loved to have met and spoke to everyone properly but saw the need to rush as many people through.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be happy to see either of them for 5 seconds so feel lucky that you did get to see them, they were indeed insanely busy and I thought it would be a little mean if I joined the queue and a die hard fan couldn't be seen because of too many people, that make sense? May be another day.

James didn't do personalisations because he has arthritis in his writing hand (like me, and I know the pain of writing too much ie: GCSE's!) so he wasn't being rude also he wanted to see lots of people, John was doing personalisations (or so I heard) in the morning so if you queued up from the early hours you would have got one...

Bit rude to say they were up their own backsides when they actually attended the event... they didn't have to.

got there at half 8, and got ticket number 13 for eve and 16 for john both personalised and were very friendly and chatty, no problems for me, hope they come back soon,

Love to know how you managed that - I got there at 6:50 and was ticket number 48 for Eve and 67 for John.

Both personnalised my autographs and both were lovely. John was clearly doing his best to get through his huge queue, but still took the time to speak to everyone.

I was wondering how they managed to get there at half 8 and get such low numbers, unless they joined someone who was at the front of the queue!?!

I was there at 6am and got ticket 38

000_1282.jpg

Edited by tiggerbabe

Flippin 'eck, this post is getting long...Any one fancy a cuppa? :pyth:

Well, no offence, but it is going to be if you say that two fantastic stars, who are highly respected, are up their own backsides and "too good to be photoed" when they clearly aren't up their own backsides and don't think they're too good to be photoed. I think both John and Eve are great :)

Edited by Doctor Who

Flippin 'eck, this post is getting long...Any one fancy a cuppa? :pyth:

The only reason it's long is because you've posted something untrue and many people disagree with you :YAHOO:

I sadly had high numbered tickets so didn't bother hanging around. But seeing the queues for all 4 TW actors I fully understand they wanted to get through it as swift as possible. I am not going to say one bad thing about the "no photo" rule. But all it would take is 1 second of their time to look at the camera while you look on too like a starstruck idiot, they wont even have to get out of their seat to pose. Like myself these FANS have traveled a long long way and spent godknows what to come see these people (ironically I came from South Wales). So having a pic with someone you adore is usually the bigger highlight of the day than the autograph.

In a way I left CM a little bit disappointed, will hopefully meet Barrowman & co again soon, see if I can get a pic cos I'm Welsh haha. But was well happy with the people who did show love back to us. Especially Nancy Allen, who was fantastic, a hell of a good laugh and still looking awesome. And Kelly Stables, still cant put words together how sweet, pretty, beautiful, cute, adorable etc she was.

Roll on the next one!

I'm sure you would have been just as upset as I would have been if they didn't manage to get round to signing an autograph for you at all as they'd been wasting precious time posing for photos and personalising (trust me it does take extra time).....half the people who had got through the queue and were happy to meet them wouldn't and would have gone home really disappointed after hanging around all day! This way nearly everybody that wanted to had the opportunity to meet them, demanding that they do photos and personalisations I think is quite selfish as then 50% of the people there would have missed out!!

Flippin 'eck, this post is getting long...Any one fancy a cuppa? :D

The only reason it's long is because you've posted something untrue and many people disagree with you :chair:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh i just love it when people disagree with me! :YAHOO:

i cant wait to go to the hub to see the staff from torchwood as it will be a calmer situation and i will get to see more of them and get things signed and not have to pay £20 per item like at mk as it dont state anywhere that it was per item which is not good fair enough to go to the hub i will have to pay £78 each but i feel it will be worth it to get to see them all

I saw Eve around 1.30pm and she personalized. However I thought not being allowed to take photos in the queue was a bit off since there was only two people in front of me and no one at all behind me (and still wasn't until a few minutes after I left).

I can understand when it's busy, but when there was no queue I don't think it was really fair (argue all you want, I stand by what I say).

I didn't bother to see John after that, put me right off. I'll just see him another time when I CAN take photos.

To be honest i've never understood either why people were banned taking photos whilst queuing. You are standing, waiting in a line. Not holding anyone up and not disturbing the guest. What harm can it do? Maybe there is a reason that has been posted before, but if there was I missed it.

I was very disappointed with at LFCC. I have a photo of Elijah, Sean and Billy signing my photo of the 4 hobbits, But not of Dom which is a shame. It's not as if i'd have disturbed him signing, he wouldnt have even needed to look up! Again, maybe there was a valid reason...

To be honest i've never understood either why people were banned taking photos whilst queuing. You are standing, waiting in a line. Not holding anyone up and not disturbing the guest. What harm can it do? Maybe there is a reason that has been posted before, but if there was I missed it.

To be fair, when the guests are really, really packed, I may not like it, but I can understand it, because even if we're not aware of it at the time even taking photos in the queue can take up extra time, as people tend to move slower to get a few more shots in.

However, at the time I went down, there were two people in front of me and no one at all behind me until after I had left, so it wouldn't have actually delayed anything (and I only really wanted 1 photo anyway). It's times like these that I don't understand why it's not allowed, as it won't delay anyone.

Flippin 'eck, this post is getting long...Any one fancy a cuppa? :D

You post a horrible thread and expect it all to be over when you say so. Great intro to the forums btw, you've really warmed yourself to us :YAHOO:

I MUST add my two penneth. Not that she needs defending but Eve Myles was a FANTASTIC guest. She held out her hand to say hi when it was my turn and I don't recall anyone else doing that. She was genuinly nice and is one of the most accomodating stars I have ever met other than Billie and David.

I overheard her saying thanks for inviting me to Jason and that was a great moment when she shouted at JB for leaving her no space on a 10x8 for her autograph :lol: .

If you get chance to meet her in the future - do it!!

I MUST add my two penneth. Not that she needs defending but Eve Myles was a FANTASTIC guest. She held out her hand to say hi when it was my turn and I don't recall anyone else doing that.

Yes I really liked that she did that, she offered her hand to us which was nice....nobody else did that!!

from reading the stuff on here I have to say I feel quite disappointed at the negative coments in the first post. I can understand the disappointment at this but as it has already been said, be grateful you have been able to meet them at all. I know people want personalisations, I do always prefer it but on the occasion where its just not possible then you have to make that decision, do I want it without it personalised or not. there is always the chance that an actor will return to another event if they enjoy doing them and this would be John's 3rd event with showmasters I believe so he must enjoy doing it. therefore he will be morelikely to return. Reading comments such as some of those made in this thread about him is going to put him off doing it. These forums are public, dont forget that and actors are able to read these. Posting such negative things could mean that they may not consider attending another event again. I have already had the privelidge of meetin John before so already have his autograph. However, I did not have a photo so jumped at the chance for the photo op with him. These can be bought in advance via the website. If this is something you want.

The photoshoots are always fast oving but in the 30 seconds i probably had with him he was friendly polite and seemed to be enjoying himself.

I didnt get to meet Eve as my bank balance cant really afford to start up a whole new tv series of autographs!! However, for the response on here she sounds truely lovely :)

and lets not forget, if you want to meet John again you can always consider attending The Hub :)

I thought Eve was a pleasure to meet & I am sorry anyone else feels different, she was so friendly & warm.... extending her hand to everyone & asking if the autograph was ok afterwards ~ no one else asked....

(James Masters did shake hands with me & 3 of my friends when only one of us was getting an auto ~ I thought that was adorable ~ & if anything is gonna make me want to go back & get someones auto it is that kind of behaviour ~ I have James auto lots - that's the only reason I never bothered.....& money was tight this weekend)

I thought John was nice enough .....he was polite & was taking time to answer any questions people had.... but at the same time talking at a million miles per hr to get through everyone & there queries :)

I stood in the line for a while talking to friends and watching the mass crowd all milling around just itching to get there numbers called out. As far as I could see there was not one person who was shouting and screaming at being kept waiting. There was even people still trying to get virtual tickets to get John's auto only to be told they had all been sold by 9 that morning. Some times the actors just don't have time to personalize every photo, it happens all the time at con's. If you want it personlized my advise is pay that little bit extra and go to a weekend con, you've got more chance of getting it done then.

Just remember John had been filming the day before and must of been knackered by the time he got there. Personally I did not want an auto or photo shoot with him as my bank balance is suffering enough with the shows I watch now. I have to draw the line somewhere. :D

This thread is just a wind-up. Just how childish are you, Maria? Were you actually at C13??:D

Childish? Me? Nah! Yes I was there. It's my hubby that really likes going, I go to keep him company. :lol:

Flippin 'eck, this post is getting long...Any one fancy a cuppa? :poki:

You post a horrible thread and expect it all to be over when you say so. Great intro to the forums btw, you've really warmed yourself to us :headscratch:

Thankfully I don't live to win people over!

I didn't meet John because people had been queing up since 3 in the morning.

Actually, people were queing from 5am, not 3am.

got there at half 8, and got ticket number 13 for eve and 16 for john both personalised and were very friendly and chatty, no problems for me, hope they come back soon,

Then you either pushed in, or met a friend who was there earlier than you, as i know that at at least by 8am, the que was all the way down the side of the shopping center, which was way more than 16 people!

We arrived an hour and a half before the doors opened to ensure autos from John and Eve and when we did get tickets they were in the (Eve) 250 to (John) 350 range. Not bad for such a popular pair of event guests, but that's how things are and that's what is confusing me with your O.P.

Notice half 8 is and hour and a half before the show opened, yet they got tickets number 350ish?

It was'nt too long ago that John B never had queues at film con's and would sit waiting for someone to come up to him,think LFACC 06 was one time i'd seen him less than busy

How things have changed.

I agree I went to see him at LFCC 2006 too (i have been a fan of his since his Live & Kicking days!) and he was sat alone, no queue and was lovely. He personalised and allowed a posed photo. I met him again this weekend for a photoshoot and he was equally lovely then.

I am just grateful that these stars are willing to come to things like this and meet their fans.

You may not live to win people over but there's no need to be insulting about a guest. Since you have no interest in the event itself and just tag along for the ride, you clearly have no idea on how this works.

If you want a photo with the guest, buy a photo ticket. As for personalizations, yeah they're nice but not always practical when you have little under 7 hours (maybe less), 1500 autographs not to mention lunch and a photoshoot to do. Priority is to get everyone through to at least get an autograph.

You can't please everyone all the time. But if everyone who wants an autograph walks away from the event with one, you're halfway there.