What a disappointment (Eva Myles and John Barrowman)

mariamaria

As I said the same thing happened to us. We also wanted to only meet Eve and we had tickets 314-316. You were probably in front of us. Better information needs to be given out when something like this happens - however, on the Saturday there was no sign for the Heroes guests but there was one q for both with people having a VQ tickets for both guests so it worked perfectly. In fairness to the crew, Sunday was stressful for them as well us us. I did speak to Too Tall when we went to see Eve and he did explain why it was done the way it was done.

Edited by reddragon

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all of the posters in this thread who have posted sensible and realistic comments - in my opininon - I applaud you all. Unfortunately, there are some people who attend such events as Collectormania who seem to think that the guests are there to jump through hoops, sit, heel and beg for a doggy biscuit whilst signing numerous autographs with 1000 word dedications, and smiling at a plethera of headache inducing flashing cameras.

Frankly I'm surprised that these people don't also complain that it's a chuffing liberty that they have to come down to a shopping centre in MK to get their autograph - I mean surely for 20 notes the elitist snob of an actor should be dropping round my house to sign stuff, and preferably bringing a couple of beers for us to split.

:clap:

Anyway given that some people have such selfish and ludicrous demands to make of guests, I'd have thought that that made their judgements of guests' characters questionable at best

Edited by TommyT

To all of the posters in this thread who have posted sensible and realistic comments - in my opininon - I applaud you all. Unfortunately, there are some people who attend such events as Collectormania who seem to think that the guests are there to jump through hoops, sit, heel and beg for a doggy biscuit whilst signing numerous autographs with 1000 word dedications, and smiling at a plethera of headache inducing flashing cameras.

Frankly I'm surprised that these people don't also complain that it's a chuffing liberty that they have to come down to a shopping centre in MK to get their autograph - I mean surely for 20 notes the elitist snob of an actor should be dropping round my house to sign stuff, and preferably bringing a couple of beers for us to split.

:chair:

Anyway given that some people have such selfish and ludicrous demands to make of guests, I'd have thought that that made their judgements of guests' characters questionable at best

:clap::P:D

Brilliant post.

Does anyone remember the guy with the bike? He wasn't in the next 100 people behind us at any point since we started queueing before 6am, but when we reached John's queue inside he was right behind us.

A friend came up to chat, said "I'll go back to my boyfriend now, wouldn't want to push in" and bike-dude had the cheek to say "yeah, some people behind me have already told someone to leave for pushing in"! I was well annoyed!

Also, I think I saw the guy you're on about that pushed in, I saw him lurking near the door just before we went in too and I was surprised to see him joining the queue much further up.

There was a guy with an orange bike 3 behind me. I had ticket 38. I remember him because he lay down on the floor and went to sleep while we were queuing outside.

000_1287.jpg

Edited by tiggerbabe

Does anyone remember the guy with the bike? He wasn't in the next 100 people behind us at any point since we started queueing before 6am, but when we reached John's queue inside he was right behind us.

A friend came up to chat, said "I'll go back to my boyfriend now, wouldn't want to push in" and bike-dude had the cheek to say "yeah, some people behind me have already told someone to leave for pushing in"! I was well annoyed!

Also, I think I saw the guy you're on about that pushed in, I saw him lurking near the door just before we went in too and I was surprised to see him joining the queue much further up.

The man with the bike was in front of me at 6.20am (i was number 47) he didn't push in.

I still don't understand why you can't purchase autograph tickets on-line, the earlier you pay, the earlier the VT you get...... But on the whole it was FANTASTIC :poki:

I suppose it would be so that everyone gets a fair chance, I mean some people won't like to pay over the internet or even have it so that might mean they find themselves in an unfair circumstance. A lot of people might not turn up too if they see the VT numbers high and you never know how busy a guest will be for sure until the actual day. :poki:

I see what you're saying but you could argue its not fair for those living miles away having to get up so early :poki: It just seems a good way of stopping pushing in too......

Ooh ooh, I do law! Not much on contract, but I can say what I know... A contract of sale basically involves consideration- which is, you give something for something in return. Terms matter, BUT on SM's website, and like everywhere written, it says an autograph is in person, but doesn't guarantee personalisation or a photo. So, you've agreed to the terms by paying, and both given consideration. Fair sale, so problem there. In the terms themselves it basically says that personalisations and photos are a luxury, NOT a given.

Did I make sense?

I do Law. lol

The principle of consideration is something that goes alongside offer and acceptance. JB is offering you an autograph you accept with the payment of £20. Your consideration is a bought promise (of an auto) for monetary value (£20). If you get what i'm saying.

But for a personalisation to be necessary that would have to be a change in terms of the contract, nothing to do with consideration.

ARGH this makes my brain hurt. JB is awesome - the end.

Some girls were telling my husband that they'd taken tickets for Eve and paid the £15 for an autograph just so that they could go down her queue and take photos of John. :P

My daughter desperately wanted me to take a picture of john signing her pic as she was worried her friends at school wouldn't believe her but as i've never been to a convention before and saw all the signs saying 'no photo's' i daren't (i'm a good law abiding mother :P LOL ) Well actually i didn't want to risk my chances of seeing john by getting thrown out! However it seems that loads of people took photo's in the queue so what doe's no photos actually mean? Is it just no posed photos or what! need to know for next time.

However it seems that loads of people took photo's in the queue so what doe's no photos actually mean? Is it just no posed photos or what! need to know for next time.

No photos means no photos at all. Of course there'll unfortunately always be some people still trying to snap away.

You can still take photos of a guest while signing when signs "no posed photos" are up. That means the guest won't pose for a picture with you.

However it seems that loads of people took photo's in the queue so what doe's no photos actually mean? Is it just no posed photos or what! need to know for next time.

No photos means no photos at all. Of course there'll unfortunately always be some people still trying to snap away.

You can still take photos of a guest while signing when signs "no posed photos" are up. That means the guest won't pose for a picture with you.

Thanks at least i know for next time. Was surprised that so many people were taking photos tho and noone said anything!

I have to say - i thought Eve was amazing - really sweet and chatty!

In the photoshoot she even aloud cuddles :)

as for John, he was rushed but they gave out 1500 autograph tickets, and with most people getting more than one thing signed - I think he did really well!

I was a little dissapointed that he wasnt personalising - but its understandable!

I thought they were both Awsome!

hope they go again!

Some girls were telling my husband that they'd taken tickets for Eve and paid the £15 for an autograph just so that they could go down her queue and take photos of John. :o

:P That made me really angry. That is extremely disrespectful to Eve and to a certain extent John. *Grumbles* To angry to speak now...

I took two photos of John whilst he was signing my photograph, however only after asking one of the assistants for permission to do so.

The reason why was that someone in the queue in front of me had took a posed photo of him with their kids. I asked if we could have one as well, and the man replied "Only whilst he's signing your picture"

As for people getting Eve's autograph just to photo John, well I'm surprised they managed to! When I went to get Eve's autograph (sadly no photos though - I wish I had asked!) John was not there, and when I went to get John's photo, Eve had left her desk. I thought that whilst one was doing the photoshoot, the other was signing. Was there a time when both were signing?

People were taking pictures a lot when I was queuing for JB. The people in front of me took a picture of John at his table as they were meeting him. But that was pretty early on; maybe the crew got tougher on it later?

Things changed over the day from what I heard.

John was personalising at first too, but then they switched to only signatures.

I took two photos of John whilst he was signing my photograph, however only after asking one of the assistants for permission to do so.

The reason why was that someone in the queue in front of me had took a posed photo of him with their kids. I asked if we could have one as well, and the man replied "Only whilst he's signing your picture"

As for people getting Eve's autograph just to photo John, well I'm surprised they managed to! When I went to get Eve's autograph (sadly no photos though - I wish I had asked!) John was not there, and when I went to get John's photo, Eve had left her desk. I thought that whilst one was doing the photoshoot, the other was signing. Was there a time when both were signing?

I'm not having a go at you personally, but I think it's the height of bad manners to take a photo of a guest while they're signing an autograph for you. Surely it's only polite to engage in a little conversation, even if it's only "Hello, thanks for the autograph". That's what I did, anyway; eye contact and a few personal words were more important to me than a photo to "prove" an autograph's authenticity, which is what other people want. Just my opinion, I realise not everyone will agree.

Also, yes, John and Eve WERE signing at the same time, early on in the day, before John's photo session. And they were personalising. :lol:

Sadly I didn't get much of a chance to talk to John,

When we were nearly at the front, I asked one assistant if it was OK for me to take a photo, and he said "Only whilst he is signing your picture". At the time John had already signed one picture of ours and was now signing the second one, and we weren't even at the front of the queue!

I quickly took two photos. and we were told to "keep moving"

When we arrived at the table John was signing the picture for the person behind us. At this point my disabled son who is in a buggy decided to take his shoe off which we quickly grabbed, were then told to "keep moving"

We moved to the exit, at which point the buggy wheels became stuck in the narrow gangway, and whilst being told to "keep moving" I managed to say "nice to meet you at last" but by this time he was signing someone else's picture.

Interesting to know that people managed to get personalised autographs earlier in the day though, but when our turn came the system was in conveyor belt mode!

All in all a little rushed - a little like meeting William Shatner a few years ago, only unlike John, I noticed later in the day he was in another part of the hall with no queue at all!

At least we had the chance to briefly talk to Eve - once again though the exit route was blocked though!

Interesting to know that people managed to get personalised autographs earlier in the day though, but when our turn came the system was in conveyor belt mode!

It was like a conveyor belt from the start, but it wasn't quite as insane as the situation you describe. Glad you got your autographs anyway :D