BUFFY TONIGHT

Spike's dream date

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical. Just as it's getting really interesting too.

They seem to manage to keep everything else though - don't they realise how long people have been waiting for this last season? Surely it's more important that more Simpsons repeats, TOTP2 and "Fresh Prince of Bel Air"?

It always seems to be the sci-fi type shows which get the push first with things like this. They used to do it with Star Trek too :D

Oh well, at least there's one.

they just dont care!! and i think thats sooooo wrong! i mean it takes them ages to actually buy the tapes from sky (well thats where i think they get them from) and what do they do cut it up! with no late firday night showings.... it just makes anyone want to go out and buy the boxsets at least on those u'd get every scene with no cuts!

But probably only the people who have already seen it on Sky would know - unless they make a real hash of it.

At least I have the consolation that I'll be buying the Season 7 DVDs when they come out.

Just obtained the unaired pilot episode today - never seen it before. Makes for 'interesting' viewing :D

I felt tonights was even worse.... Lines cut from Anya, Principal Wood, a funny scene with Spike which made no sense the way they edited and the humour out of the fact that Andrew has WIllow and Kennedy kissing but foucces on the windows!!

it's SO annoying.......

*has the pilot ep too* tis weird to see but im very glad they changed the character of willow to Aly hannigan!! and last nights buffy well!! i agree with kookie.. they cut the scen of willow and kennedy kissing when at the same time slot they showed tara and willow kissing back when they showed S6!! and anyas lines that were vut were sooo hillarious!! they ruined it!

*has the pilot ep too* tis weird to see but im very glad they changed the character of willow to Aly hannigan!!

I thought exactly the same thing - Aly really managed to capture the quirky geek thing that really works but wasn't all that apparent in that first pilot. You get some idea of the humour and general style but it's really basic stuff isn't it?

and last nights buffy well!! i agree with kookie.. they cut the scen of willow and kennedy kissing when at the same time slot they showed tara and willow kissing back when they showed S6!! and anyas lines that were vut were sooo hillarious!! they ruined it!

Well that was one of the ones I missed when it was on Sky so although I guessed there was some bits missing it didn't look too bad.

Oh well, I'll just have to watch them all again when the DVDs come out :D

I thought exactly the same thing - Aly really managed to capture the quirky geek thing that really works but wasn't all that apparent in that first pilot.  You get some idea of the humour and general style but it's really basic stuff isn't it?

Well that was one of the ones I missed when it was on Sky so although I guessed there was some bits missing it didn't look too bad.

Oh well, I'll just have to watch them all again when the DVDs come out :unsure:

yay!! Aly is all i can say hehehe yep u could see the humour they were trying to get across in the pilot, and as for basics ur telling me! what with the way they showed dusting a vamp if they kept that i dont think it'd of been great in the series dont u think?

*waits for the S7 DVDS too :unsure: cant wait to see the extras on it either*

yay!! Aly is all i can say hehehe yep u could see the humour they were trying to get across in the pilot, and as for basics ur telling me! what with the way they showed dusting a vamp if they kept that i dont think it'd of been great in the series dont u think?

That was really cheesy and just seemed to take forever. But I guess pilots are made on a really small budget and the idea is just to get across the kind of thing their aiming for.

I read somewhere recently that each vamp dusting effect costs about $5000 to do, so you can see how it soon adds up if they have more than a couple each episode. Must say the effects are better than in many films which is really something given that it's a TV show.

*waits for the S7 DVDS too  cant wait to see the extras on it either*

Oh don't, I've hardly dipped into all the ones I've already got :D