Friday night bowling meet

Locutus

• Moderators

In recent times it's not really 'organised' as such - more that people just turn up if they want and know about it.

Though last time I don't think many people went anyway so I have no idea what plans there are.

Thanks David, well perhaps if anyone is thinking of going you could add a post to this thread? Guess we'll have an idea of the number of atendees then (if any)?

I wonder how this ritual died? It even made its way onto the FAQ!

Locutus

• Moderators

Thanks David, well perhaps if anyone is thinking of going you could add a post to this thread? Guess we'll have an idea of the number of atendees then (if any)?

I wonder how this ritual died? It even made its way onto the FAQ!

Locutus

From a personal perspective - I think it pretty much started due to it being a good place for 'all ages' to hang out together at a meet, as some were too young to go to clubs etc.

Now something like 4/5 years later, as you can imagine, the majority are now able to go elsewhere, so perhaps that's the reason behind it. Plus it can get a little repetitive doing the same things for nearly 10 events! :D

I'm sure people still go, and it's a handy place to meet forum members etc, but it won't be what it once was.

me and mine shalt be there!!! :YAHOO: LOVE playing the arcade games ;) though every CM we go it seems they have removed one more of our fave games :YAHOO:

unfort I think DavidB is right about the age thing :( people who were under 18 then are of course old enough to go the pubs/clubs now :YAHOO: and alot of the forum members crew and can't be bothered to go there :(

hopefully a few more people will post to say they are going *crosses fingers* :uhoh:

surfy sah xx

unfort I think DavidB is right about the age thing :( people who were under 18 then are of course old enough to go the pubs/clubs now :D

My God, have we really been doing this con-$hlt for that long?!!! :WINCE:

Yes I think you're right about that, it really has been that long! However I think it remains a nice casual meeting place. Also if you're attending C13 from Friday - Monday (like myself) I guess theres plenty of time for pubs/clubs, plus not everyone is into the whole pubs/clubs thing!

• Moderators

As far as I can remember, last Fri night at CM I just hung around in the crew hotel bar .. it was actually quite nice just doing something relaxing for a change :WINCE:

I know that's not very sociable but oh well :D lol

well if theres enough people that will go bowlng, i may be able to persuade the 3 mates im staying with to come along to.

so if you are going then say so in here.

Hi isawien,

That great - hope we see you there. I've spoken to a couple of people by email who may be comming, I will keep this thread updated but can always email you if you like to keep you informed?

Locutus.

I'll be going with my boyfriend if enough people are wanting to go. Could you keep me updated to Locutus my email is naurarwen_fangorn@hotmail.com if you email me I'll give you my mobile number that way you could ring me on Friday night too. Or maybe meet up at the con Friday day time. Either way I wont be hard to miss. I'll be the one in pratically all Slytherin clothing, with green converse and purple hair.

isawien / naurarwen_fangorn - I'll get a email off on Thursday and exchange details, will also try and keep this thread up to date.

TurkFox - Yes please do come along.

What time does the bowling meet normally take place- Sah or David will probably know??? Probably best to meet at the usual time, that way any regualr CM pilgrims can wonder over if they so wish...

If anyone else is at a loose end on Friday please do feel free to come along! This isnt an organized event per se, as you can see this thread really just started its life as an enquiry, everyone is welcome!

Locutus

isawien / naurarwen_fangorn - I'll get a email off on Thursday and exchange details, will also try and keep this thread up to date.

TurkFox - Yes please do come along.

What time does the bowling meet normally take place- Sah or David will probably know??? Probably best to meet at the usual time, that way any regualr CM pilgrims can wonder over if they so wish...

If anyone else is at a loose end on Friday please do feel free to come along! This isnt an organized event per se, as you can see this thread really just started its life as an enquiry, everyone is welcome!

Locutus

Hey hun any chance i can get the email early on, on Thursday as I'm actually travelling to Manchester on Thursday even about 5pm to pick up a friend and not sure I i will be able use her internet that night. Thankies.

Hey hun any chance i can get the email early on, on Thursday as I'm actually travelling to Manchester on Thursday even about 5pm to pick up a friend and not sure I i will be able use her internet that night. Thankies.

Hi, I've just emailed you my details - I'll keep you posted.

Hey! I shall be there with Sah and the gang (9 of us i think). Not sure what time though. If you want to email me feel free, its in my sig at the bottom, the kitty... one. Then i can give you my mobile number. If your on facebook you can look me up, have some pics on there so you know what i/we look like. I shall be getting there on the Thurs, and will be around the event on Fri. -x- :D

thats an idea, im on there as well under the name of Louise Teal. I shall be wearing glasses though, so if you want to see how i'll be showing up, im on faceparty as Hania. Theres a few images in the album called me and a few others.

Edited by isawien

Shepseskaf / isawien - I've emailed you both my details, should make things a bit easier on the day.

We've had a pretty good response to this thread so far - I guess the next steps are just to keep checking the thread when you can and I'll speak to you on the day and we take it from there...

The only thing really to confirm is a time? Do you think 7:00 - 7:30pm sounds reasonable, what does everyone think? I really dont know what time everyone has normally turned up in years gone by??? I just dont like the idea anyone hanging around waiting on their own thats all.

Locutus

I might be coming but not if it's at 7. My bus gets in at 7 and I have to get to the hotel first and then find you all. With that said, I've been working 16 hour days (uni projects) so I might just want to stay in and have the night's sleep. I'll text Sah and let her know.