Latest Guest Announcement Sir Patrick Moore

showmasters

If Sir Patrick is going to be present and signing, that is FANTASTIC news. I did hear he tended to use a rubber stamp more frequently, but hopefully at an autograph show we will get the real thing.

Yes I agree. SHOWMASTERS can you please confirm if he is autographing?

I have met Sir Patrick several times over the last 25 years and can say he is a great gentlemen. In 1999 is came to York and spoke to my astronomical society (York AS) and he made us all feel the center of his universe. I had a chance to talk to him in private and we discussed retirement, his comment was 'astronomy and work keeps me going!' Guess there's someting for us all to learn there...

Last time I met him (2004) I visited his home and was made very welcome, he gave me a copy of his book 'Patrick Moore on the Moon' and he signed it for me. There's a big difference in his autograph from when I first met him in 1984.

If this is the first time you have met him then enjoy your experiance, you'll never forget him!

But I do suggest have a chat about cricket and watch his eyes twinkle....

Regards and bests to all

von Dawson's Express

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote to him a few weeks ago and he signed some items for me. You can tell his writing his not what it used to be, but he is 85! But I can't imagine he will be signing many, if any at Autographica. He would not able to cope with the demand probably.

I was speaking to the guys who had his typewriter at Autographica the other weekend. Unfortunately he doesn't sign because his hands are bad. I do however hope he will do a talk - that's one I'd want to go to.

Anne

PATRICK MOORE

My name is Simon Rundle.

I was at Autographica 11 on behalf of Patrick as his friend.

It is me who will be bringing Patrick to Autographica 12 and arranged for him to come many thanks to Dave of Autographica for his assistance.

Patrick will NOT be signing on either day, not because he does not want to but because he is unable to.

Patrick does have his OWN website, this is dedicated to him, and run by me for him, all items here are agreed and decided on with Patrick and only available here. We also supply to the shops.

www.star-distribution.co.uk

STAR Distribution will also be at Autographica 12 alongside Patrick and before you go to see him so that you may buy a "certificate" to take in to collect your pre signed item, should you wish to pre order please remember patrick signs often months in advance and can only do so when I am there to assist him, should you have personal items you wish signed then please contact me to arrange this.

If you have any questions about pre ordering for collecting on the days or what is available please contact me.

Best wishes.

Simon Rundle

Edited by equinox

It is me who will be bringing Patrick to Autographica 12 and arranged for him to come many thanks to Dave of Autographica for his assistance.

Best wishes.

Simon Rundle

Simon

Many thanks for the clarification - I thought this was what you said at Autographica. Look forward to meeting Patrick and you all in October.

Anne

Yes all being well Patrick will be there, remember his health.

I can not stress enough to pre order from his website though anyone who wants something or call me WELL in advance, we are only at Patricks three more times before Autographica so need to know asap so that we can be with Patrick for his signing.

Also I forgot to mention, should you have a preference in colour for his signature we have Black, Blue, red Green sharpie, and Gold Silver pens.

If you would like a dedication this can be arranged also.

Best wishes to you all.

Force B.May to come to the show

I agree with you 100%.

Queen is my favourite band.

It would be a dream come true to meet Brian May.

I've met Brian May - he signed 2 copies of "Bang!" for me, along with a Queen tour programme. Really, really lovely guy - for me, just as you say, it was a dream come true.

When I first saw this thread, I thought "Brilliant! I'll be able to get Bang! signed by Patrick Moore as well!". But sadly it looks like that won't be possible ;)

Edited by MikeDonovan

Force B.May to come to the show

I agree with you 100%.

Queen is my favourite band.

It would be a dream come true to meet Brian May.

I've met Brian May - he signed 2 copies of "Bang!" for me, along with a Queen tour programme. Really, really lovely guy - for me, just as you say, it was a dream come true.

When I first saw this thread, I thought "Brilliant! I'll be able to get Bang! signed by Patrick Moore as well!". But sadly it looks like that won't be possible :YAHOO:

So you've met Brian May? You're so jammy. :smile:

Edited by Kiwi 7

PATRICK MOORE www.star-distribution.co.uk

If you remember what I said, as a friend of Patricks and who will be bringing him, I am able to arrange for signings of items that are sent direct to me.

The cost would be as for a signed photograph.

Please contact me via Patricks website above.

I am there from next Tuesday for a few days so I will need it by Monday, or addressed to me at Patricks to reach me before I leave on the Saturday.

Should you wish to collect anything signed from Autographica we will need items at least a month in advance.

It will be busy there next week.

Contact details via Patricks sales site.

regards

Simon Rundle

Edited by equinox

• 2 months later...