tony curtis

indio

There was no photos at his desk.

He did have a photo shoot and they were £20.

http://www.autographica.co.uk/photoshoots.htm

No disrespect to either Tony or Showmasters (or the Autographica guys for that matter), but I saw some of the photos and Tony really didn't look too happy in any of them. I don't get the thinking behind having a photo with him anyway - I mean - and again, no disrespect to anyone - he really doesn't look like the recognisable Tony Curtis from the movies any longer. It's not exactly the sort of photo you could display on your mantelpiece with pride (again - only my opinion and no disrespect meant to absolutely anybody that it concerns). I just don't get it and I'm sharing my thoughts on the forum.

• Showmasters Admin

For a lot of people this weekend, they relished the opportunity to have a photo taken with an icon like Tony. For them it doesn't matter he's getting on, they're just happy to get the opportunity to meet him and have a souvenir to show they did once meet the man that is Tony Curtis.

No disrespect taken, it's horses for courses. There are a lot of people out there that think we're mad for collecting autographs :P

For a lot of people this weekend, they relished the opportunity to have a photo taken with an icon like Tony. For them it doesn't matter he's getting on, they're just happy to get the opportunity to meet him and have a souvenir to show they did once meet the man that is Tony Curtis.

No disrespect taken, it's horses for courses. There are a lot of people out there that think we're mad for collecting autographs :P

I suppose you are right.

For the record, I did meet Tony and he was in splendid form.

Sorry, but considering the drip we get for photoshoots of folks who as characters have shed loads of prosthetics etc and don't look 'as seen on screen', Tony Curtis looked more recogniseable than most folks at a photoshoot.

Especially when you read about folks paying 150bucks plus, for double shot with Nimoy/Shatner, and the fan gets ignored, and the celebs don't acknowledge you, or even look at the camera.

As someone who did both shoots for Tony Curtis, I was honoured to meet the guy, and pay to have him in my photo, and sign my photo. I HATE having my photo taken, hence the big camera round my neck, but for Alexey, Tony and Lindsay, I broke a trend not to do those photoshoot things.

I don't get the thinking behind having a photo with him anyway - I mean - and again, no disrespect to anyone - he really doesn't look like the recognisable Tony Curtis from the movies any longer.

And I say this based purely on seeing Kiwi 7's photo of himself and Tony Curtis in another thread...

No, he doesn't look like the 25 year old TC who cropped up in Winchester '73, or the 35 year old TC in Spartacus, or the mid-40s Tony of The Persuaders days.

Hardly surprising since he's nearly 83, and almost died a couple of years ago.

But does he still unmistakeably look like Tony Curtis? Indubitably.

Let's face it, the Great Sphinx is missing his beard and most of his nose, and the Parthenon has never looked the same since the Venetians dropped a mortar into the middle of it and blew up all the Ottoman troops' ammunition stored there, but plenty of people take pictures of those every year. :smile:

Until somebody invents a time machine, you'll just have to make do with how they look today, and in all 3 cases I think they still look pretty good for their age and their experiences!

I don't get the thinking behind having a photo with him anyway - I mean - and again, no disrespect to anyone - he really doesn't look like the recognisable Tony Curtis from the movies any longer.

Until somebody invents a time machine, you'll just have to make do with how they look today, and in all 3 cases I think they still look pretty good for their age and their experiences!

I think most people were expecting Tony to look more like the picture that was posted on the guest announcement thread, and when they saw him it I think it threw them.

We just don't expect people that we used to watch to get old, I still think of Lindsay as still only 27, but she still looks good though