More Shows?

zaknfang

Am I the only one who is thinking that all these new shows are causing the already exisiting ones to suffer

I understand that not everybody can make it to the shows due to one reason or another and that having one closer to them helps

but as more shows are started the guests seem to be getting thiner at the others, In my opinion

am i alone in this thought or are there others that feel that same

• Moderators

Personally I'm not overly bothered by the increase in events really - I just pick and choose the ones I want to go to, as I'm not into everything, and I don't feel the need to attend every single one.

I realise some people collect EVERYTHING (not literally but you know) and so struggle to attend all of them, so I see why it's tough for some.

However I've not felt the quality of guest has suffered at all - for example C13 has some fantastic ones (not including the cancellations either) and I'd go as far to say all the shows this year have been stellar so far - aside from Lockdown which clearly didn't turn out as they'd hoped, but people still seemed to have a great time.

I also think the benefit of having more events for a guest to attend/choose from is underestimated.

In the end, I'll never be someone that needs to meet half a guest list at each event for it to be 'good' for me. But that's what makes us all different - personal needs, expectations, likes, dislikes etc.

I see it that way :

- more events = more dates for the possible guests to be available

- and if SM decide to have more events I guess its also cause they think they will get more success and money... and more money = being able to pay for "bigger" guests in the future :cylon:

I think this is one of those situations where you have to see how it will pan out!

There can be no doubt that there have been cancellations but can they be directly linked to more shows, for example did Patrick Stewart cancel because SM did shows in the midlands...I don't think so, but there is a flip side, when Naoko Mori from Torchwood cancelled people were dismayed and perhaps we would not have seen her until next year or ever...but because of 'The Hub' she is now able to attend an event!

Of coarse there is a finite amount of guests so I guess repeat guests are likely BUT Bruce Campbell at Midlands was an awesome coup for SM and one that plenty of people loved!

So after rambling a little bit, I would have to say that yes I agree with you Badges but would say that waiting until there first year of running this amount of events is over before making a final judgement! :WINCE:

Edited by frankslittlemachine