Another one bites the dust!

ptenbob

"With all the attention focused on William Petersen's successful contract negotiations, this ginormous scoopbit nearly slipped right by: Sources confirm to me exclusively that original CSIer Gary Dourdan — whose contract is also set to expire next month — has informed producers that he is leaving the show. Although a precise timeframe is not known, CSI's May 15 season finale could serve as Warrick's swan song.

Regarding Dourdan's exit, a CBS spokesperson says, "We can't confirm or deny this information."

This is the second major departure to rock CSI this season. As anyone with a pulse and/or access to TVGuide.com knows, Jorja Fox made her final appearance as Sara in November. The good news: Marg Helgenberger and George Eads are expected to follow Petersen's lead and re-up with the show.

Meanwhile, CSI execs aren't wasting any time searching for Dourdan's replacement. I'm told producers have put out a casting call for a new male series regular in his late twenties to early thirties to play Ray Santoro, a "handsome, smart and athletic" CSI who transfers from Henderson to join the graveyard shift at the Las Vegas crime lab.

OK, CSI fans: Are you sad to see Dourdan/Warrick go? And in terms of the potential impact to the show, is this less than, equal to or greater than Fox's exit last fall? Too shocked to process it all? Splash some cold Snapple on your face and start discussing!

Source: Michael Ausiello, TVGuide.com "

I just read about this on IMDB! To be honest, I wasn't too upset about Sara leaving because she'd never really grown on me, but I'm devastated about Warrick leaving! I think the show's been doing okay without Sara, but I'm still pretty unsure about whether it's still gonna be able to be okay with two characters gone. =/

I was also holding out for some Warrick/Catherine, but I don't see it happening now that he's leaving! xD

• 2 weeks later...

Does this say anything about the character's departure or not? You decide.

"CSI star Gary Dourdan on Monday morning was busted in Palm Springs on suspicion of possessing heroin, cocaine, ecstasy and prescription drugs. TMZ reports that the actor was asleep in his car when law enforcement officials approached his car at 5:21 am/PT, and subsequently made the bust.

As first reported by Ausiello, Dourdan and the CBS procedural recently agreed to "mutually" part ways, though new intel suggested that an "ongoing problem personal to Dourdan" played a role in his perhaps not-so-voluntary ouster. CSI's May 15 season finale could well be Dourdan's final appearance as Warrick. — MWM"

At the end of the day, the guy took a road in life that unfortunately more and more people are. I hope he decides to get help if the drug rumours are 100% true. But, as with many shows, CSI will go on.

• 2 weeks later...

As I posted in another thread...

Ep 17...all I can say is

OH MY F****** GOD!!!!!

NNNOOOO!! How can they do that! I just sat there open mouthed in utter shock at how it happened!!

that was pretty much my reaction too. I just knew something like that was coming, but wasnt ready for that!

I think the ending was superb. Excellently done. Steaped in dramatic music. Encompass this with endings in CSI New York, Criminal Minds and NCIS, and there have been some great finales!!

On a side note, how geeky am I? My first thought when what happened happened to who it happened to (I am not sure who has seen it on here), was how clean the exit wound was... :D

Gutted at the ending....... Can't believe that they killed him off.

Well, he had quit the show. I think the death fitted in well with the storyline. I bet that they are glad that they did kill him off as the actor is up on class A drugs charges. In my opinion I do not think that the shows makers would want to be associated with that.

And I still look at the ending and think what a clean shot it was..lol

• 2 weeks later...

I cried at Warrick's exit too, but I could see it coming. I was watching it with my mum, and when all the CSIs were leaving the diner one by one, we realised what was going to happen when Warrick left, so we were all tense until it actually happened. ^^;

And tbh... As long as Greg doesn't get killed off, then I'm good. xD