Which guests are you planning on seeing at the event this weekend?

SunSpeed

Apologies if someone else has started this thread before for Autographica 11. I saw the same kind of thread in the Collectormania 13 folder in the last few days. Which guests are you planning on seeing and getting autographs from this weekend? I'm hoping to see (from top to bottom, in the order they appear on the guests page on Autographica's website) :

Lindsay Wagner

Tony Curtis

Lucianna Paluzzi

Richard Herd

Bettina Le Beau

Mollie Peters

Lisa Guirat

Kate O'Mara (to be confirmed - re: days and price)

Alexandra Bastedo

Martine Beswick

Paul Stassino

Caroline Munro.

Edited by SunSpeed

Firstly, according to the terry nation related site, Kate O'Mara has other things on, as does Gerald Harper.

Personally, for me, Curtis, Todd (if..), Wagner, Cribbins, and the Bondies are main targets, with the SAS and fighter aces next, with perhaps a few spacemen in the mix.

Edited by gilgalad70

I think this is my list:

Curtis

Paluzzi

Stassino

Peters

Munro

Beswick

Cribbins

Todd (IF!!!)

Ingham

I am uncertain on the military guests and may go for the SAS guys and some of the spitfire dudes. I'll be stearing well clear of the spacemen though - I could just see that getting very expensive if I started to follow that route.

IF, and thats a bif IF, theres one of those 'lunar views of earth' types of prints, I might get the astronauts, but besides that, Curtis, Kenny B (if well), and the Bondites.

Was really looking forward to Joe Powell, as Zulu is a definite fave movie..

Is the Terry Nation event this weekend combined with Autographica 11? I've just seen Barry Ingham's name in the guest list for the Terry Nation event and would like to get his autograph.

Edited by SunSpeed

They are sort of combined, as I learnt myself elsewhere, if you do Autographica, you pay per sig, regardless, but free entry to Terry Nation thing, if you're a Terry Nation nut, you get some free autos off those at that show, and pay per auto from Autographica. The Terry Nation was more expensive a ticket than Autographica.

To paraphrase that quality advert for double-glazing, as regards to tickets to Autographica, and Terry Nation, ' You buy one, you get one free, I said, You buy one you get one free'.

I've commented in another thread about the ticket prices for the Terry Nation convention being expensive. But what you've said above has explained to me why they're that price. There are only two people attending the Terry Nation event who I want to get autographs from, adding to the ten or eleven people attending Autographica 11 who I want to see.

So, for clarity's sake, if we have a ticket for Autographica, we can still meet the likes of Bernard Cribbins and Barrie Ingham, despite them not actually being Autographica guests?

Also, if you take the Terry Nation guests out of the equasion, it means that there are actually very few Autographica guests....

I've booked photo shoots with Tony Curtis and Alexey Leonov and I am hoping to get the photos autographed later.

I was really looking forward to seeing Alexandra Bastedo but I can't make Sunday and so will have to get over this disappointment.

Other guests I would like to see:

Lindsay Wagner

Bernard Cribbins

Caroline Munro

Lalla Ward

Jennie Linden

Kate O'Mara

I'm looking forward to some of the lectures too.

To sign my Big Blue Book of 400 Spacemen/women

Dave Scott, Alexei Leonov and Jim McDivitt

To sign 'Dark Side of the Moon'

Dave Scott and Alexei Leonov

To sign 'Supermarine Aircraft: Since 1914'

The Spitfire pilots

To Sign 'Bionic Woman'

Well who else...

To sign 'U-Boats in the Atlantic'

Who do you think...

Am disappointed the Russian Cosmonauts are not going as well as Richard Todd, but hay ho...

Regards all

von Dawson's Express