Guest Announcements: 'Spurs UEFA Cup Winners 1963 Reunion

slaycandy

• Showmasters Admin

I have just updated the website with some new guests, who have now officially been added for the 'Spurs UEFA Cup Winners 1963 Reunion.

cliff-jones.jpg terry-dyson.jpg bobby-smith.jpg

Cliff Jones, Bobby Smith, & Terry Dyson

We also have Jimmy Greaves who was announced previously joining these players for the re-union.

SJ

xox

Edited by slaycandy

YID ARMY !!!

I hate Spurs.

Of course you do, everyone does, not even their own fans like them

If you're not interested in meeting them then stay out - I hate Paul Merson but wouldn't go shouting about it in his thread just in case he wants to read it.

And remember these are "proper" footballers not the overpaid primadonnas we get nowadays so what's you're problem with them - I take it you probably weren't even born when these players won the cup and topped off another excellent year for spurs (I wasn't and would love to see spurs win something like this again!!)

It shouldn't matter what your allegiance is when it comes to these sort of shows. And these 3 in particular are full of stories and along with Greavsie are some of the nicest guests you could meet.

YID ARMY !!!

I hate Spurs.

If you're not interested in meeting them then stay out - I hate Paul Merson but wouldn't go shouting about it in his thread just in case he wants to read it.

And remember these are "proper" footballers not the overpaid primadonnas we get nowadays so what's you're problem with them - I take it you probably weren't even born when these players won the cup and topped off another excellent year for spurs (I wasn't and would love to see spurs win something like this again!!)

It shouldn't matter what your allegiance is when it comes to these sort of shows. And these 3 in particular are full of stories and along with Greavsie are some of the nicest guests you could meet.

You are right, I only got into football when the Premiership started and Geoff Hurst scored the winning goal in the Premiership final when Manchester Rovers beat Arsenal United 4-2 after extra time. Still I am a proper football fan because I used to support Manchester Rovers but then they went rubbish for a bit so I stopped supporting them and supported Chelsea instead because they were the best team so it meant I should support them.

It's really hard now though because I supported Chelsea at the start of the season, then I started supporting Arsenal United because they were winning loads, now I've had to go back to Manchester Rovers because they are in the Premiership Final again.

I support Portsmouth in the FA Cup though and Liverpool in the Champions League, it's really expensive though because I have to keep buying all the kits and it costs a fortune. I reckon though I might even think about going to my first game soon. I might go to the Premiership Final or the Champions League Final, do you think I will be OK to turn up on the day and buy tickets or will I have to book them the week before?

What is a Greavsie? Was it a team from the olden days?

Oh for the days when fans could have a bit of banter with each other without some pompous nit getting the hump!

YID ARMY !!!

I hate Spurs.

You are right, I only got into football when the Premiership started and Geoff Hurst scored the winning goal in the Premiership final when Manchester Rovers beat Arsenal United 4-2 after extra time. Still I am a proper football fan because I used to support Manchester Rovers but then they went rubbish for a bit so I stopped supporting them and supported Chelsea instead because they were the best team so it meant I should support them.

It's really hard now though because I supported Chelsea at the start of the season, then I started supporting Arsenal United because they were winning loads, now I've had to go back to Manchester Rovers because they are in the Premiership Final again.

I support Portsmouth in the FA Cup though and Liverpool in the Champions League, it's really expensive though because I have to keep buying all the kits and it costs a fortune. I reckon though I might even think about going to my first game soon. I might go to the Premiership Final or the Champions League Final, do you think I will be OK to turn up on the day and buy tickets or will I have to book them the week before?

Oh for the days when fans could have a bit of banter with each other without some pompous nit getting the hump!

It's classic big club syndrome that all Spurs fans display. Tossers, the lot of 'em.

And I have no alliegience to any London club or any of Spurs' rivals. It's just the anyone who I've come across in the past that considers themselves as a Spurs fan has generally been a bit of a nob who thinks his/her side have a divine right to be winning things - absolute nonces.

Both of the North London clubs have 95% of nobs making up their fanbase.

• Moderators

Can we please try and keep the topic fairly friendly? Thank you.

There's no need for personal comments about other fans etc. It has absolutely no relevance to the guests whatsoever.

There are plenty of football forums around if you feel the need to discuss things in a greater depth - though I use "discuss" lightly considering some of the remarks are just plain insulting.

Can we please try and keep the topic fairly friendly? Thank you.

There's no need for personal comments about other fans etc. It has absolutely no relevance to the guests whatsoever.

There are plenty of football forums around if you feel the need to discuss things in a greater depth - though I use "discuss" lightly considering some of the remarks are just plain insulting.

What do you know, Theodore?!!

It's classic big club syndrome that all Spurs fans display. Tossers, the lot of 'em.

And I have no alliegience to any London club or any of Spurs' rivals. It's just the anyone who I've come across in the past that considers themselves as a Spurs fan has generally been a bit of a nob who thinks his/her side have a divine right to be winning things - absolute nonces.

Both of the North London clubs have 95% of nobs making up their fanbase.

Count - there is a difference between banter and being downright obnoxious for no reason - see above quotes yours is quite amusing wheras Gimli's - well where's the need for it.

And also I don't come on here to be insulted Mr Axe! You don't know me or anything about me so what gives you the right to call me a nonce, nob or flipper??

Edited by dazzlerjames

Count - there is a difference between banter and being downright obnoxious for no reason - see above quotes yours is quite amusing wheras Gimli's - well where's the need for it.

And also I don't come on here to be insulted Mr Axe! You don't know me or anything about me so what gives you the right to call me a nonce, nob or flipper??

I'd left it at my "I hate Spurs" comment. That was all I wanted to say on the matter. Then you start getting all high and mighty and uptight about it, proving the point that all Spurs fans are indeed any number of insults - three of which you provide in the last sentence of that post.

Now toddle off back into the hole from whence you came....

Edited by Gimli's Axe

Count - You misread my comment I was referring to your reply being abit of banter and Mr Axe's reply as being obnoxious and the difference between the 2.

I'd left it at my "I hate Spurs" comment. That was all I wanted to say on the matter. Then you start getting all high and mighty and uptight about it, proving the point that all Spurs fans are indeed any number of insults - three of which you provide in the last sentence of that post.

Now toddle off back into the hole from whence you came....

I wasn't getting uptight or high and mighty I just said that where's the need in coming on here to say things like that in the guest announcement thread? For which you reply using the above terms (except for flipper!).

I don't reside in a hole though nor do I toddle, at least I can keep things at an adult level.

Edited by dazzlerjames

Its typical of so many football fans, they cant see past their own team.

Sportsmania isnt about going to see someone who played in your team but to meet legends in their day.

Edited by scruffy

Done!

Just out of interest who do you support if anyone??

They were on TV last night...

Chelsea? Wigan? Plymouth? or Sheffield Wednesday??

Well, it's one of them 4 isn't it!? ;-)

If it's Chelsea then I think that's your league chances blown (good luck in CL)

Wigan good result but hope you get beat on Saturday (let's hope it's a good game too as I'm going!)

Plymouth - Not much to say really, I used to watch Plymouth years ago when I lived down there

Sheff Weds - good luck avoiding relagation.

Anyway I'm sure we digress from the original announcement thread so can somebody (mod) tidy this thread up abit.

Thanks for the good luck message. We're not actually a bad side, just very, very poor in front of goal....

And I should say that I was perhaps a little harsh earlier - I have no real beef with Spurs as a team, I've just known a number of Spurs fans who have a real attitude problem - though I suppose some would say that about me as a reflection of my posts on here! ;-)

UTO

I know what you mean - I know alot of fans who have attitude problems not just spurs fans. My dad and I were threatened by a Man city fan after the carling cup game - and he had a 10 year old boy with him, what a role model!!

Unfortunately the world is full of idiots claiming to be football fans (I once knew a lad who only went to games for the fights!!)

• 2 weeks later...

I hate spurs ,arsenal ,chelsea blah blah list is endless...but would gladly get any of the players there as these guys who are legends are more real than the overpriced bas***** that play now.These guys are ones for fans,they have time for you,not the attitude of dont want to know!!

so im going to try and get to this

:YAHOO: