Feedback on the weekend :)

That means you have to queue twice just to get into the main hall.

People will queue in the morning to get a low number, and then again to get in early in their batch.

With the current system nobody forces you to go in when your number is called. You can as well wait for your friends and all go in together. :D

i had no problem with anything that was done at this event other than i couldnt afford the gold pass tickets which i will defo go for next year, and now have enough time to do. thanks showmasters and all the crew for a great weekend, see you all next year or for chats on here. :D

there was one thing though, i found it very hard to get to know other con goers as everyone seemed to have their own little groups, and as i have never been to a con before i didnt know anyone really. i would say to any regular con goers that if they see a new face around that they haven't noticed at any other con, it might be a god idea to just say hi. i know i will next time. anyway still enjoyed it....and like i say, can't wait for next year.

i had no problem with anything that was done at this event other than i couldnt afford the gold pass tickets which i will defo go for next year, and now have enough time to do. thanks showmasters and all the crew for a great weekend, see you all next year or for chats on here. :dance:

there was one thing though, i found it very hard to get to know other con goers as everyone seemed to have their own little groups, and as i have never been to a con before i didnt know anyone really. i would say to any regular con goers that if they see a new face around that they haven't noticed at any other con, it might be a god idea to just say hi. i know i will next time. anyway still enjoyed it....and like i say, can't wait for next year.

You weren't sitting on your own though right or anything? I did pull one guy into our group who was sitting at the edge of the hall on Saturday night...

yeah ^^^^^ that was what my sister said she said her and her boytoy felt a bit out of it , but other than that they had a really good time, my sister isn't as outgoing as me so she wouldnt have just struck up random convos with people like i do

• Moderators

It's tricky - I know people that go alone, and it can be a two-way thing .. a lot of 'groups' only see each other at cons etc, so they'll spend time with each other, with very little time to make 'new' friends as such, you know? It can happen unfortunately.

But with many people being on this forum now after the event, I'm sure those that perhaps felt left out at L1 can get to know people before the next one :D

You'd be surprised how many of those 'groups' only formed at the weekend. At Eclipse I went with a friend and ended up with a group of about 15, many of whom either came alone or were in smaller groups at the start. None of us had ever met before. We just smiled, said hello, started talking, and we were temporary best mates.

Edited by Psychosis

I went alone to Lockdown and allthough I knew ppl who were coming it was only via their nicks on other forums and I had no clue what they looked like in person. We found one another and hung out the entire weekend. Had a blast and er..abit too much fun perhaps? LOL

I have no comments about which system is better as far as seating goes, I just don't think it's necessary to queue more than need bee..there's enough of that already lol. I had Gold Pass and I will get a Gold pass on the next one.

I was only missing (and this is due to another con I went to in 07, not a SM one) they had this clip board up or whatever it's called with info on where to go for autograph sessions etc. I soon realized that for Lockdown this wasn't necessary as it was a small con this time around. Also there were plenty of staff to ask if you weren't sure. So that's no longer an issue for me either lol

SO no complaints whatsoever from me, allthough I wish the hotel had free internet access! That's the hotel's fault though..not Showmasters lol. Other than that lil grrr the hotel was fine too!

I went with just my friend and we kind of kept to ourselves, not because everyone was in groups or anything but.... just because. No real reason LOL.

Although, on the Saturday I was in the Autograph que for Andrew Divoff and I heard a man and a woman talking, the man said something like "You could always go stand behind the teenage boy in the orange hoody if you don't like it" and I turned around to see a woman in a black beret (sp?) talking to Too Tall, and the woman gave me the filthiest look ever. Not moaning about Too Tall as he was very helpful and nice over the weekend and what he said was just jokey and harmless. But that look was slightly... off putting to say the least.

No real problems here, it was my first con aside from tattoo ones which really are a whole different kettle of fish! (Holy elitist attitudes batman!!) I had a fantastic time at Lockdown and didn't want to go home! Just one thing.. None of my group managed to make the 9am talk on Saturday but i'm sure there was a reason for having it that early..?