Comfort TV

rainbowsparkle

Well, I've been poorly for a while and it's made me feel really down so I've been watching lots of comfort telly, which for me means kid's movies like Mary Poppins and The Slipper and the Rose, and TV shows like Diagnosis Murder (back-to-back eps lol), and if I feel the need for the soothing presence of a certain Mr. Benedict, then back-to-back A-Team eps too. You know - just lying on the settee staring at the box... So I was just wondering - what do you all watch to make yourselves feel better when you're ill or down or have had a really bad day?

Friends is always a good choice.

I either relate to it on some level, or cheer myself up by moaning about how stupid they are.

I do like some car crash TV as well, Judge Judy is my favourite.

I have just ordered a pizza so comfort food and tv is the order of the day. I am. In my own words. An eternal singleton.

Relationships, pahhhhh!

x

I forgot about Friends - that's always good.

I love Buffy and Angel but I find them a bit too stressful when i'm not feeling good - too much angst lol, especially when you're really involved with the characters. Same with Dead Like Me - it's my all-time favourite show but way too stressful during a bad day.

• Moderators

Hmm if I need quickly cheering up, it'll usually be some crappy (or not) US comedy .. I do prefer dramas etc but they require me to think a bit more .. so:

30 Rock

Arrested Development

That 70s Show

Seinfeld

Everybody Loves Raymond

Friends

Stuff like that I guess :dance:

For cheering myself up:

Mythbusters, to see what injury Tory or Adam (or both) can inflict on themselves

NCIS because Gibbs makes me smile without fail

QI, as there's inevitably random stupidity

Spongebob because he's dumber than I am

Any Hammer/Peter Cushing/Vincent Price film

A guaranteed downer would be any of the soaps (particularly Corrie :firedevil: ), the endless Escape to the Sunny Country Abroad franchise or Dr Who

*runs away very fast*

From stuff thats on the TV during the day - Murder She Wrote, you don't really need to think about it and it always has a happy ending

Stuff i've recorded or have on dvd, any of the Law and Orders', Family Guy, Red Dwarf, Stargate to name a few.

• 4 weeks later...