Bionic Woman makes rare appearance at the show

Dave Phillips

• Moderators

We are very pleased to announce a last minute guest, and a great one at that.

Lindsay Wagner better known as the Bionic Woman

The Bionic Woman (TV series) - Jamie Sommers / Jaime Sommers (59 episodes, 1976-1978)

Lindsay has starred in the T.V movie and series Bionic Woman and made regular appearences on the Six Million Dollar Man.

She has starred in many movies including Nighthawks with Sylvester Stallone.

Lindsay will make a very welcome Hollywood addition to our fantastic guest line up.

Please arrive early as she will be leaving a little before the show ends on sunday.

lindsay-lee-bigfoot.jpg

53508503.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=D4D0CF966D99A1CFC3D92BB23F3A7C09284831B75F48EF45

Edited by showmasters

Well I wasn't expecting Lindsay Wagner to be announced. Will she be signing autographs? I know I'm being nit-picky but it would be great to have Lee Majors at Autographica as well.

Yes one of my favourites too.

Now go tell everyone in the entire world that we have the Bionic woman.

Dave

The thing is though there won't be the relaxed atmosphere if a flurry of people come to the event! If loads more people come now that Lindsay Wagner has been announced and it helps secure the future of the event that's great. I've just been looking forward to this relaxed event of Autographica I've read about either on this forum or on the Autographica website.

With the greatest respect to shows like CM/LFACC (which I go to and enjoy so I'm not being snobbish here) it tends to be a slightly younger agre group and the type of guests tend to be those in current films and TV. Not in all cases, but more so than not I would think.

This sort of guest is unlikely to encourage those who will sprint into the place and elbow people out the way to get to see them. Besides I think they have a very firm limit on the number of people who attend each day so I reckon we are safe from any hobbit inspired riots for this show!

Anyway if it kicks off we there are two ex members of the SAS attending, I'm sure they can calm things down!

Count Dooku - That's encouraging. Thanks for replying. I'm not saying this because you did but I'm not being snobbish saying only some people can attend the event.

How many Autographica's have you attended?

Since reading this news a few minutes ago I've been thinking what to get signed besides an 8 x 10 colour/black and white photo (not that I have to have something else signed, but I do like to have a DVD or book signed). I think the first season of The Bionic Woman is available to buy on DVD at the moment, with season two coming soon. But then I remembered I have my copy of the Rockford Files book and the first season of The Rockford Files on DVD (which contains the two stories she appeared in, the feature-length pilot "Backlash of the Hunter" and "Aura Lee, Farewell").

Edited by SunSpeed

Hmm, the original Bionic Woman would no way interest the standard CM goer. Not enough 'genre' work (Stargate seems to be the standard ideal for that, don't watch it, so..) and besides, the show was before most of those guys were born.. and as the debate about Malcolm McDowell doing GMEX showed, nothing of his, pre-Heroes, is worth writing home about, apparently, (even self-confessed Trekkies admitted they had no idea on his Trek role..).

Plus it might confuse the little darlings, thinking that Michelle Ryan was doing Autographica, and finding out its not, but some 'old woman'.

How many Autographica's have you attended?

I've only been to two, the last show and one a couple of years back, before they became fully involved with Showmasters.

On both occasions, despite there being plenty of rare or first time guests, it never got that busy and were both very laid back events. The guest that really bought it home to me was Brian Blessed. I saw him at the Autographica and for God knows how long he had a group of us stood round his table and he just talked, only a few people got things signed but it was worth the entry fee alone.

I think he did a CM not that long after and by all accounts it wasn't really as successful, I heard he was constantly being hassled to keep the queue moving and he was getting ratty because he wasn't able to talk to people.

Thats not a criticism of SM crew, who have a difficult job to do, but I think it highlights the difference between the general atmosphere of Autographica and the other SM events.

We are very pleased to announce a last minute guest, and a great one at that.

Lindsay Wagner better known as the Bionic Woman will be making a very rare appearance and joining us all weekend. Lindsay has starred in the T.V movie and series Bionic Woman and made regular appearences on the Six Million Dollar Man. She has starred in many movies including Nighthawks with Sylvester Stallone.

Lindsay will make a very welcome Hollywood addition to our fantastic guest line up.

Please arrive early as she will be leaving a little before the show ends on sunday.

Hope you like this announcement

Dave Phillips

A great last-minute guest. I don't care that she is decribed as Lindsay Wanger on the Autographica site because she's a fabulous last-minute edition. Being bionic she should be able to sign autographs twice as quickly as anyone else and this should keep her queue down.

Dave any confirmation on my question above? Thank you mate.

Hi There

Lindsay will be signing both days.

Price to be confirmed but should be between £20-25

Dave Phillips

Wow thats a great guest but £20 - £25 thats a bit much ........

£15 great £20 just about manageable but £25 I cant afford

Great guest Dave but unfortunately I'm coming back from Vienna that week-end and therefore cannot attend an event in UK.

Not that interested by the autograph only, just wanted to meet Lindsay and also Tony but it won't be possible.

Edited by lams9999

Brian Blessed, ah, Nessun Dorma echoing through Middleton Halls is an experience I hope I won't forget. Apparently he'd done it the Saturday too, but still, goose bump time.. He was on Steve Wright the other day, and as per usual, set him off, and he can talk for ages.. :) If you listen to the commentary of Phantom Menace, you'll hear that was one of the reasons they picked him.

Still not decided whether or not to get gold passes if I'm doing all three days :)

Dave any confirmation on my question above? Thank you mate.

Hi There

Lindsay will be signing both days.

Price to be confirmed but should be between £20-25

Dave Phillips

Not cashing in on the remake at all then :thumbup:

At least she bothered signing in the UK in the past ....