Showmasters a suggestion..........

I posted elsewhere that I was kinda gutted that the talks could not be videoed, and I have asked for an explanation of this.

But I was kinda thinking, could you not have one member of staff videoing the talk and then you could sell copies of the talk, at say £5 a video.

That way everyone will have a golden memory on video, and I am guessing that it might be ok with the cinema people. I would have so loved to have been able to replay the talk that I atttended with Elijah Wood and Sean Astin on the Saturday.

I posted elsewhere that I was kinda gutted that the talks could not be videoed, and I have asked for an explanation of this.

But I was kinda thinking, could you not have one member of staff videoing the talk and then you could sell copies of the talk, at say £5 a video.

That way everyone will have a golden memory on video, and I am guessing that it might be ok with the cinema people. I would have so loved to have been able to replay the talk that I atttended with Elijah Wood and Sean Astin on the Saturday.

Good one, i hope this will be possible in the future, and as they say, all you have to do is ask, so; PLEASE?

See Showmasters thats two people that think its a good idea, is it all possible?? I was kinda gutted I couldn't tape the talk itself, its not often you get to be in the same room as your fave actors for one whole hour, hell I was so overwhelmed by it all, I can hardly remember what either Sean or Elijah said, imagine having it all on video and then replaying it over and over again, it would be brilliant, and a whole memory captured on tape.

Thats a really good idea! Because then all the people that didn't get to go to both screenings, or even any, would be able to see what went on at the screening. I suppose it makes it more special if you don't do that though...more private and personal i guess.

COUNT ME IN! I was thinking the same thing before, during and after...... specially with my memory being not what it used to be lol..... and I was sat too far away too so all my shots are like kinda blurry dark shots of blurry darkish tiny figures on stage! :D:D

• 4 weeks later...

I think this might be something to ask the SM's about at the meet up on 20 December 2003, 'cause I still don't understand why they can't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure once they explain it to me in kiddy terms, I might get it then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might be able to explain it. Its down to contracts again. I think you will find that since they have to pay for everything, SM would have to pay extra for the videoing any talks. The chances are the guest will want the rights to it and a chance to see the video before its released in case on any edits that are needed.

Its a bit of a lengthy and exspensive process

just thought i'd add my bit... showmasters already film the guests throughout the weekend

ooooooooooooo well how do we get our hands on copies of the vids, or will they be put onto the website at some point??????????????

Edited by vampirer

I couldn't agree more to the proposal. I attended the TTT screening twice just to see Dom and I had the best time ever, but now, the important and funny things that were said are slipping away from my memory and I regret it a lot....

The pics I took were far too dark, so a video would be a cherished treasure

ok I admit it would be My Precioussssss!!

Hugs,

Me. :(

• 3 months later...
Thats a really good idea. I'm sure lots of people that where there and even people that werent would buy it.

i would! oh how id love to re live the moment that i had a conversation with elijah wood and sean astin.... and then dom and andy............. *dreams*