I'm Confused!

Am I going to have to get a 'Team Kate' shirt to go along with my 'Team Seb' one lol

I don't know about people on here but I understand those of you who stick up for SM 100% if you've been to SM run conventions before and they've been brilliant, but for me - this is my first con and also my first thing with SM so I don't have this loyality already (I hope for that to build in time after an awesome Lost convention, yes :wub: ) but right now I can only voice my opinions on what I see. I think we should be allowed to voice our worries without it straight away being shot down, if only for the fact that SM can see how to improve certain things.

I totally second that. :)

my only loyality is for andy, at least with you, i know what i can think... :D but amen sista about that !

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why shouldn't everybody be entitled to the discount?

Standard Ticket holders have suffered the same loss as Gold Ticket holders when Henry cancelled.

I'm guessing that they'll consider the different price levels with the discount, but this is only a guess.

I got a Gold Pass too, and we're still getting everything included in the price.

That's why the Gold Ticket is more expensive: We get stuff that Standard Ticket holders have to pay extra for - photosessions - or can't get - better seating, the Friday night party. We didn't pay extra because a certain guest was exclusive for Gold Ticket holders or something.

Of course I am sad that Henry cancelled too. But that's the risk you take when you book for an event. Guests may cancel due to work commitments.

Im not saying that only gold pass holders should be entitled to the discount. Im not complaining at all about what SM have done as they are obviously trying to compensate people.

I am saying that I think it's obvious that a few people who have bought gold passes are unhappy that they're not getting their moneys worth, and although SM are compensating everyone attending, and they are doing this because they realise the event is not as big as they wanted, nothing is being done specifically for the people who have paid over double the price of a normal ticket.

As for people not paying extra for certain guests, I personally didn't pay £200 JUST for HIC, but I did pay the money believing that there would be guests of that calibre, or at the very least, the same number of guests, as did most Gold Pass holders I believe. People are saying this event should never have been compared to Eclipse, but it's held in the same place, for the same price, by the same people, and SM have said themselves that they expected to get huge guests. So if they are now saying there'll be 2 less guests, and no main cast(which they themselves are disappointed about) then I think that if they knew the event would turn out like this, they would have made the Gold Pass cheaper in the first place.

Like I say, Im not getting at SM as such, as I know they're losing out on money as it is, and giving money back to the punters will hurt them even more. But it doesn't stop it from being very frustrating.

the 2 actors in question being at the airport they could be here filming as when i spoke to alan dale 2 weeks ago at the theatre where he's doing spamalot i asked him if he's in anymore scenes in season 4 and he replied that they are sending some people over to film some scenes so that could be the answer

• Moderators

I am saying that I think it's obvious that a few people who have bought gold passes are unhappy that they're not getting their moneys worth

The main problem with this is that if they deliver on what was offered when you bought the pass i.e. whatever's in the product description, then regardless of perceived quality of guests (and to a certain extent the quantity too), no-one really has a leg to stand on in terms of complaint - not officially anyway.

And I'm relating this to mentions of Trading Standards before, rather than general complaints - I'm very unsure of what Showmasters have actually done wrong in the end, you know?

I personally don't see what anyone could use as solid evidence of not getting what they were told. Comparisons to another event don't stand up, nor do people thinking the calibre of guest was going to be the same as HIC etc. Even SMs saying they hoped to get a great lineup had to be taken with a pinch of salt really as we know how these things work.

Say other convention organisers deliver the same location and price etc for their events, but they still get cancellations and all of that. No convention, regardless of similarities in structure, is ever going to deliver on the same level as another one for every person.

I'm sure someone can come up with something but a good amount of what people are upset about is circumstancial and not necessarily 'owed' to them really.

I only really quoted you because that sentence made me think more about the actual situation, rather than your personal feelings so don't worry :P

Faith is a funny thing. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. This time? Not so much for some people. And I can see how it'll make you and others wary of doing the same in future. It's hard to trust and believe in something that has so many unknown factors that can change it in a second, but we know what we're getting into every time we do it.

So if they are now saying there'll be 2 less guests, and no main cast(which they themselves are disappointed about) then I think that if they knew the event would turn out like this, they would have made the Gold Pass cheaper in the first place.

Like I say, Im not getting at SM as such, as I know they're losing out on money as it is, and giving money back to the punters will hurt them even more. But it doesn't stop it from being very frustrating.

I'm puzzled as to how they could've "made the gold pass cheaper in the first place"? Like you said, they were hoping to get bigger guests, so it's not like they went into it "knowing" that the event would turn out like this.

Standard Ticket holders have suffered the same loss as Gold Ticket holders when Henry cancelled.

I'm guessing that they'll consider the different price levels with the discount, but this is only a guess.

I got a Gold Pass too, and we're still getting everything included in the price.

That's why the Gold Ticket is more expensive: We get stuff that Standard Ticket holders have to pay extra for - photosessions - or can't get - better seating, the Friday night party. We didn't pay extra because a certain guest was exclusive for Gold Ticket holders or something.

Of course I am sad that Henry cancelled too. But that's the risk you take when you book for an event. Guests may cancel due to work commitments.

Im not saying that only gold pass holders should be entitled to the discount. Im not complaining at all about what SM have done as they are obviously trying to compensate people.

I am saying that I think it's obvious that a few people who have bought gold passes are unhappy that they're not getting their moneys worth, and although SM are compensating everyone attending, and they are doing this because they realise the event is not as big as they wanted, nothing is being done specifically for the people who have paid over double the price of a normal ticket.

As for people not paying extra for certain guests, I personally didn't pay £200 JUST for HIC, but I did pay the money believing that there would be guests of that calibre, or at the very least, the same number of guests, as did most Gold Pass holders I believe. People are saying this event should never have been compared to Eclipse, but it's held in the same place, for the same price, by the same people, and SM have said themselves that they expected to get huge guests. So if they are now saying there'll be 2 less guests, and no main cast(which they themselves are disappointed about) then I think that if they knew the event would turn out like this, they would have made the Gold Pass cheaper in the first place.

ITA, it's my first convention and i feel sad, i spent many money here maybe 1000€ (sorry i dunno exactly in english) and it's not a little price...but it's not a problem for me for some friends yes and i feel sad more for them than me right now...i didn't hoped some BIG actors, just someone very interesting...seriously jason, i'm BIG lost fan and i can say right now i don't care about yemi, god eko is dead, his storyline is OVER, mr namaste, well he's not a lost character for me, just a dharma weird people...the marshall at least has connection with kate and i'm kate's fan so i'm ok, mikhail he's awesome for me and i'm so happy for that but after ? i'm very disappointed by this event right now, i think even if what you said before, for me you're not a BIG lost fan, you said you know that people wanted to meet as guest ! bring me tom ! bring me ethan or goodwin even nikki and paulo ! but don't say you know better the guest we wanted to meet...sorry for this rant but i'm fed up to wait some news, now it's done, 1 cool guest and 3 pecno for BIG many money... god i could go to hawaii just with this money...

Edited by lyly ford

What I don't get is the willingness here to accept something that is clearly below par, and also the willingness to be lied to. Which, as far as I can tell we have been repeatedly.

I'm not sure where you get the idea of lies from. Certainly I'd doubt you have anything even approaching evidence of such.

The lies I believe we've been told is that 'JJ Abrams wants everyone to remain in Hawaii'. JJ isn't involved in Lost anymore: he's developing his own pilot (Fringe) for Fox. And as I said, Yunjin Kim and Michael Emerson have certainly left the country.

I would refer you to post http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....t&p=1168704

wherein it says "J J Abrams has decided to put back the release of Star Trek which allows him to go back to filming Lost and this is now affected us badly, as he wants most of the cast to stay on set"

(my use of bold).

The ability of J J Abrams to do more than one thing at once has been covered elsewhere. After all, I presume you would admit that he has been working on both Fringe and the Star Trek movie?

Considering that they can get Patrick Stewart, Malcolm McDowell, Hayden Panettiere and the *ENTIRE* cast of Heroes (Masi and Ali excluded biggrin.gif - for now!), half the cast of Stargate, the lead actor in Torchwood, every Buffy guest under the sun, Bruce freaking Campbell and a lot more... it's not particularly logical to assume that they're 'not capable' of getting guests.

Exactly. They're usually capable. Why would they want anyone to think this drop in standards is their own fault?

Given their admitted usual capabilities, is it not more logical to assume that the reasons for their difficulties in this event are due to things outside their control, rather than of their own making? Certainly Occam's Razor would point you in that direction...

So what if you saw someone at an airport? For all you know, they were going to a funeral. for all you know, their characters have been killed off and thus they're no longer needed for filming. There could be thousands of reasons why they're allowed to leave - and for all you know, they flew back the same day.

Sure. You're right. But Showmasters said they couldn't leave Hawaii, and it's clear to me that's not true.

See my previous quote about "most" of the cast. I don't believe that SM said that either of these specific actors (by name) had been confined to Hawaii.

Anyway, there's not much point in trying to discuss this with you, it's clear. I'll wait to talk to Showmasters directly, and hopefully that will be after I've spoken with Trading Standards in the morning.

Good luck with that. Based on what was actually advertised and what is due to be delivered, they seem to be covered from what I can see. And if you're going to allege false advertising or lying, you're going to need some actual proof.

ITA, it's my first convention and i feel sad, i spent many money here maybe 1000€ (sorry i dunno exactly in english) and it's not a little price...but it's not a problem for me for some friends yes and i feel sad more for them than me right now...i didn't hoped some BIG actors, just someone very interesting...seriously jason, i'm BIG lost fan and i can say right now i don't care about yemi, god eko is dead, his storyline is OVER, mr namaste, well he's not a lost character for me, just a dharma weird people...the marshall at least has connection with kate and i'm kate's fan so i'm ok, mikhail he's awesome for me and i'm so happy for that but after ? i'm very disappointed by this event right now, i think even if what you said before, for me you're not a BIG lost fan, you said you know that people wanted to meet as guest ! bring me tom ! bring me ethan or goodwin even nikki and paulo ! but don't say you know better the guest we wanted to meet...sorry for this rant but i'm fed up to wait some news, now it's done, 1 cool guest and 3 pecno for BIG many money... god i could go to hawaii just with this money...

weve all spent alot of money like posted before youve paid the exact same amount as everyone else [for your ticket] which is all SM are liable for costing you right? im sorry for saying this but its your choice to come all this way, we are all dissapointed but bad mouthing the few guests we have is not going to help.:P im all up for voice-ing opinion but i think your being just a little harsh. and how many times do we have to say stop using insulting foreign words.

look guys, weve got 5 days, they cant work magic they are trying super hard, and i know were all feeling down and had super bad luck but maybe we should all put on a happy face try and enjoy the weekend and if you still feel conned or whatever then talk to jason about it, but for now please change the record everyone. im not saying no body has the right to an opinion but i think if you all re read these topics its been the same old arguements were all upset we just have to make the most of what weve got :)

I agree with nikstar1989. Yes we're all disappointed, but going on and on and on about it wont change anything and you're just p*ssing everyone else off. I'm sure Showmasters are working flat out to get us another guest, but they're not miracle workers. Lets just go and have a fun weekend.

Oh Im not trying to p*ss anyone off by posting. I am looking forward to this event, and ive accepted it for what it is, I just wanted to get my feelings across.

And yeah David I do agree and I realise there's absoultely no way any arguement would stand up officially due to wording and technicalities, again, just the way I feel personally :lol:

And Psychosis, I was merely saying that IF SM had known that the convention would only consist of 4 guests and none of them main cast, I don't think any organiser would charge that much money for a gold pass. But yeah, hindsights a wonderful thing.

weve all spent alot of money like posted before youve paid the exact same amount as everyone else [for your ticket] which is all SM are liable for costing you right? im sorry for saying this but its your choice to come all this way, we are all dissapointed but bad mouthing the few guests we have is not going to help.:lol: im all up for voice-ing opinion but i think your being just a little harsh. and how many times do we have to say stop using insulting foreign words.

look guys, weve got 5 days, they cant work magic they are trying super hard, and i know were all feeling down and had super bad luck but maybe we should all put on a happy face try and enjoy the weekend and if you still feel conned or whatever then talk to jason about it, but for now please change the record everyone. im not saying no body has the right to an opinion but i think if you all re read these topics its been the same old arguements were all upset we just have to make the most of what weve got :)

sorry but i prefer to be honest, for the first event, i hoped more, i prefered to go in lockdown than other events 'cause i thought i could meet interesting guest, i was wrong, i accepted it, it's not a question of money, i said before i don't care about the money i spent ! it's the fact i waited honestly, not silence, not wait any times for ANYTHING !

i'm happy to go 'cause i'll meet friend i know since 3 years on internet, 'cause i'll meet others people, 'cause i could buy lost articles lol just i prefer to be honest, even madison could be a best guest in my eyes right now....

look the others events the last i remember in september, jason got dom and william and it wasn't lockdown convention ! why he can't do that now ?for an official LOST convention ?

i don't think i'm more or less harsh than others people here, just i'm honest, i don't understand and i would like real answer not just don't worry we'll do our best for the NEXT convention ! seriously who care right now ? i'm disappointed and i know i'm not alone but i prefer to say honestly what i think ONE time and it's over !

Edited by lyly ford

• 4 weeks later...

ok, i just found this which could clear some stuff up (even though its very old now)

PLEASE ONLY READ IF YOU HAVE SEEN EPISODE 9!!!!

# The scene between Ben and Widmore was actually filmed in London, due to Alan Dale currently performing in Spamalot. Michael Emerson and director Jack Bender were flown from Oahu in order to do the filming.

# This was the first episode of Lost to feature footage filmed outside of the United States. The London scenes between Ben and Charles Widmore were filmed in London due to Alan Dale performing on stage in the West End during filming of the second block of Season 4.

thats from lostpedia.

i just thought i'd mention it for the sake of it even thought this topic is old now

Edited by Rodders