I'm Confused!

Okay, I've just got back off holiday, and whilst I've had a vague idea of what has been going on, I'm very confused. (The jetlag probably doesn't help right now, but I want to get sorted.)

So, correct me if I'm wrong on any/all of this:

- HIC cancelled, and now we have four guests for Lockdown.

- As some kind of compensation we're getting this group photo thing (which would have been included in the price for Gold Pass holders such as myself anyway?)

- There's no way to get a refund or downgrade?

The last I heard, Showmasters said that J.J. Abrams (who as far as I was aware is no longer involved with the show) requested that all of the regulars remained on Oahu for the next few weeks in case they were needed. Yunjin Kim and Michael Emerson arrived in London this morning, so that's apparently not the case.

Sorry for the new topic and whatnot, I'm just not sure exactly where to go, and perhaps it's lazy of me to ask instead of trawling through the threads, but having just spend 26 hours travelling I don't think I can manage it :)

Thanks for any answers anyone can give me.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yunjin Kim and Michael Emerson arrived in London this morning, so that's apparently not the case.

Where do you hear about that ?

If you have some informations, it help us to look for something...

i'm hoping that everytime i hit the refresh button, lol.

Me too :(

Edited by sebastianillyria

They were on my flight from Honolulu to LA, and I thought 'oh cool' then they got on the Heathrow flight and I was like 'wow! - Could it be?' but yeah I've no idea why they're here (didn't want to approach them; god knows I didn't want to be approached by anyone!)

Yunjin was wearing the skinniest jeans I've ever seen in my entire life, it must be said.

Okay, I've just got back off holiday, and whilst I've had a vague idea of what has been going on, I'm very confused. (The jetlag probably doesn't help right now, but I want to get sorted.)

So, correct me if I'm wrong on any/all of this:

- HIC cancelled, and now we have four guests for Lockdown.

- As some kind of compensation we're getting this group photo thing (which would have been included in the price for Gold Pass holders such as myself anyway?)

- There's no way to get a refund or downgrade?

The last I heard, Showmasters said that J.J. Abrams (who as far as I was aware is no longer involved with the show) requested that all of the regulars remained on Oahu for the next few weeks in case they were needed. Yunjin Kim and Michael Emerson arrived in London this morning, so that's apparently not the case.

Sorry for the new topic and whatnot, I'm just not sure exactly where to go, and perhaps it's lazy of me to ask instead of trawling through the threads, but having just spend 26 hours travelling I don't think I can manage it :)

Thanks for any answers anyone can give me.

Not sure what anyone can tell you

Jason passed on the info he was given and there is no reason to doubt it.

Lets not go down the same old line of whether a group pic would or would not have been included for Gold holders

I am sure SM will make it a special weekend for those faithful who bought a gold pass.

Not sure what anyone can tell you

Jason passed on the info he was given and there is no reason to doubt it.

Well, as I said, seeing those two getting off a plane in London today gave me reason to doubt it, hence why I bring it up.

Lets not go down the same old line of whether a group pic would or would not have been included for Gold holders

I've not been here: no idea if this is 'the same old line' or not, apart from something a friend mentioned to me when giving a brief update. I'm just attempting to garner all of the facts :)

I am sure SM will make it a special weekend for those faithful who bought a gold pass.

I'm just concerned it's still not worth £200, that's all. I know it's going to be fun no matter what, but it's going to be a niggling thing at the back of my mind all weekend. I wish that wasn't the case, but it's the truth and I'm not going to pretend I'm okay with the price for what we're getting at the moment.

Please don't think I'm moaning, I'm not, I'm just a little frustrated, and as the topic states, confused (and jetlagged).

Edited by Butterfly_Kate

Hi Butterfly Kate,

I'm sure Showmasters is not lying about what JJ said.

The same informations were announced on some LOST websites before SM post it on this forum.

But perhaps some actors are autorized to leave hawaii with exceptionnal reasons... :dance:

But i doubt they can leave hawaii 10 days :YAHOO:

Don't worry, we are several Gold pass holders agreeing with you. :o

*please everyone don't get your hopes up about them being announced!* It may be good lookalikes, or it may be a flying visit. Or not at all.

I'm 110% sure it was them (you can't mistake Michael's stare, or Yunjin's beautiful face - especially when she's standing right next to you). I didn't mean to be like 'announce them now!' I know they could only be here for a few days, I was simply illustrating that clearly the cast aren't completely tied to Oahu for the next couple of weeks.

But i doubt they can leave hawaii 10 days

Yeah I don't think so either, but maybe someone else will be able to grab a couple of days. Who knows right?

Don't worry, we are several Gold pass holders agreeing with you.

Cool :) I'm glad you don't think I'm over reacting or anything.

Its different coming here for official Lost reasons- poss even location filming? Or Promoting, to doing an unofficial con. Or maybe, filming starts when they get back, which is still before/during lockdown?

The group photo wasn't happening at Lockdown before. So it wasn't included in the Gold Pass.

It is going to happen as an extra for everyone because of the problems this event has to deal with. :dance:

But i doubt they can leave hawaii 10 days

Yeah I don't think so either, but maybe someone else will be able to grab a couple of days. Who knows right?

Yes ! I think like you. What you saw during your flight is the proof that nothing is impossible ! :D

The group photo wasn't happening at Lockdown before. So it wasn't included in the Gold Pass.

It is going to happen as an extra for everyone because of the problems this event has to deal with. :D

Don't post that kind of post please, or after... don't complain if there's a new war on the forum...

If you are repeating always the same arguments, don't complain if i post always the same message too...

I think it's time to stop that kind of discution and to think only to enjoy the event :dance:

Butterfly kate, I was at Eclipse and there has been no problem and there has been a Group photo, so don't believe what she's telling you :D It's not a bonus and it would have been free for us (Gold pass holders).

And I'm totally sure (Who want to bet ?) that Group photo session will happen during ALL the next SM conventions ;) and you could never tell that it was an extra mega giga Lockdown bonus... :poki:

I don't know if there will be one at Chevron but we already know that there will be one at Eclipse 2...

• Showmasters Admin

Butterfly kate, I was at Eclipse and there has been no problem and there has been a Group photo, so don't believe what she's telling you :D It's not a bonus and it would have been free for us (Gold pass holders).

And I'm totally sure (Who want to bet ?) that Group photo session will happen during ALL the next SM conventions :D and you could never tell that it was an extra mega giga Lockdown bonus... :poki:

I don't know if there will be one at Chevron but we already know that there will be one at Eclipse 2...

Actually... the Group photo session hadn't been planned for Eclipse until they realised there was time to add it into the schedule, and stated this on stage at Eclipse. And when it was announced, it was said there would be 200 tickets put on sale, and that it would cost £40 - these were for everyone... including gold pass holders. It wasn't until later that someone had spoken to one of the organisders and pointed out that elswhere it had been printed that group pictures had been included in the Gold Pass price, and as stated on stage to everyone - this was their mistake, and since it was, they would honour it and give the group photos to the gold pass holders. Thus, I do believe that showmasters HAD NOT planned a group photo for Lockdown, for the reason that they would have to honour that once again.

It has also been stated elsewhere on the forum, that the reason the Gold Pass for Eclipse 2 is higher priced than the previous event, is because there is a group photo planned for the Gold Pass holders ONLY, and this will be included in their ticket price.

So I wouldn't go believing that you are going to get a group photo at Chevron, and again, I doubt they would have done one at Lockdown. As stated on stage at Eclipse (so anyone there would have heard this too) it was their mistake, and they would have to incur the losses in allowing the gold members to get their photos - a mistake I am sure they were not going to repeat, had it not been for HIC's cancellation.

This is purely my opinion based on what was said at Eclipse regarding the group photo... but I was definitely under the impression that after the kerfuffle at Eclipse, there wouldn't be a group photo at Lockdown for that reason.

Again, just my opinion, others may have itnerpreted it differently. I know the wording was changed in regards to silver & gold pass photo sessions for Eclipse 2, and I'm sure the same will apply for any other events they plan in the future.

When Jason or any other of the showmasters team come on here and post and say that a Group Photo was not planned, then I have absolutely no reason to doubt them, and I don't see why anyone else would either. Posts like yours above just appear to cause trouble and more arguments, rather than accepting what has been stated by both moderators and showmasters.

SJ

xox

When Jason or any other of the showmasters team come on here and post and say that a Group Photo was not planned, then I have absolutely no reason to doubt them, and I don't see why anyone else would either.

Me too :lol: I have no doubt about that...

Just remember that there has been no kerfuffle at Eclipse.

They only forgot their own rules and the attendees told SM what were the rules and after everyone were happy :lol:

Now all these discutions are (fortunately) finished and we have only to enjoy Lockdown ! :lol:

• Showmasters Admin

"will happen during ALL the next SM conventions" it may do but it was not planed for this one ok

we DID give it to you all it was not part of the offer and we made it happen ok

as to the guests on planes i have no idea what they are doing here maybe they are filming maybe you have given some part of the plot away by just saying what you have said ?? :thumbup:

all i know is that Ian wanted to come he signed his contract and was going to be paid good money for doing the event and was looking forward to going to a Convention

then his agent contacted us to say he was needed for filming and that he would not be able to leave the even for the weekend as they had planed to film back to back and even needed the weekends and in fact no one could leave and that i would find that would be the case with all the cast that was working on the show

i was than contacted buy another agent to say my offer for his guests has been turned down as he has been told he would be needed for filming and this guest was very interested in coming

NEXT

yes there was a lot of phone calls over the 2 or 3 days, we got another phone can from yet another broker saying no as he has been told filming will not let him take part

this time i will tell you who it was we were talking to it was Michael Emerson and yes he would have been great and the show would have sold out and have been amazing i know and now i have to deal with all this all the time most of you know we work hard to get guests and when this happens all the work just go's to wast

so now we are were we are the event will be a nice event the guests are cool and will hang out in the bar as it will be a low key event most of you will get to know the guests much better than if the event had sold out so there is ups and downs to all this :(

yes we would have wanted to have been able to bring bigger names to this event but we have not been able to now :(

well i hope this is the last time i have to go over this but i think it is unlikely :chair:

take care and see you all soon

jason :(