Latest guest announcement - Andie Tong

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We are pleased to announce our latest guest for London Film and Comic Con, Andie Tong.

biopic.jpg

batman_strikes42.jpg

Andie's comic industry work includes sequentials for the titles Spectacular Spiderman, Batman Strikes, Smallville, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Masters of the Universe, Starship Troopers and Noble Causes, plus pin ups and covers for Blade of the Immortal, Bloodrayne and Street Fighter.

specpsidey_162_00.jpg

In 2000, Andie began production of a co-created 70 page graphic novel, 'The Architect' with Eisner Award winning author, Mike Baron, which was published online through Big Head Press in 2006 and will hit store shelves in August 2007.

talestmnt39_07.jpg

Besides working for Panini, DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, Mirage Studios, Image, Udon Studios, Markosia, MV Creations and Crossgen Comics, Andie has also done various commercial work for DC Special Projects, Nike, Mforma, Universal, CBS, Mattel, Hasbro's Duelmasters game and illustrations for Whitewolf's "Exalted"

fantasy gaming books.

specspidey_164_pg01.jpg

Andie currently continues to work on Spectacular Spiderman UK as the regular artist and for DC on various projects.

specspidey_163_pg07.jpg

Below are examples of sketches Andie has done for attendees at past shows.

sketches_hulk.jpg

sketches_ryu02.jpg

sketches_spiderwoman.jpg

Im sure I seem to remember some of the cartoonists only charging a couple of quid at one show.

Well no Andie is a great artist and does charge more in the 10 quid area, can't remember exactly though.

• 1 month later...

Silly question :P but instead of an autograph, he draws you a picture? That's so cool! Would he draw me someone from x-men?

Yep, he would. If you're after one of the lesser known characters just be sure to take a picture or two with you for reference though.

• 3 weeks later...

I already know what ill ask him to sketch this time :)

In 2000, Andie began production of a co-created 70 page graphic novel, 'The Architect' with Eisner Award winning author, Mike Baron, which was published online through Big Head Press in 2006 and will hit store shelves in August 2007.

would love to meet Mike Baron too, I have some stuff for him to sign

from Andie blog...

spectacular spiderman UK won an eagle award for favourite british comic 2007! for the first time ever. YAY!!! we have an awesome creative team, so congrats to everyone involved.

would be great to have the full team at LFACC, dont you think so?

• 1 month later...

i wonder if he would do a sketch of claudia black and then i could get her to sign it also, that would be hellasweet, to me anyways.

or will he only do comic book stuff?

He'll have a go at pretty much anything you ask him - just be sure to bring a couple of photos with you he can use for reference.